Retaking a Post-Bacc Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stewartritt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did an unofficial post-bacc program and the first quarter I took 3 classes while working full-time. Dumb. As a result, I earned a C in Gen Chem 1. I earned a B and A in Gen Chem II and III. All A's in my Bio's and A, B, C in Physics. I absolutely know I can get an A in Gen Chem I. I didn't struggle at all in Gen Chem II or III.

Should I retake that Gen Chem 1 course or will it look horrible since I only took it 2 years ago as a post-bacc? Do I just hope I can explain it in interviews?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I did an unofficial post-bacc program and the first quarter I took 3 classes while working full-time. Dumb. As a result, I earned a C in Gen Chem 1. I earned a B and A in Gen Chem II and III. All A's in my Bio's and A, B, C in Physics. I absolutely know I can get an A in Gen Chem I. I didn't struggle at all in Gen Chem II or III.

Should I retake that Gen Chem 1 course or will it look horrible since I only took it 2 years ago as a post-bacc? Do I just hope I can explain it in interviews?

Thanks.

What's your GPA now? Was that your first time taking that class?

I think it will really depend upon your current GPA. if it's >3.3, then I think you can afford the hit on the chin and keep rokcing. If it's <3.1, then it might be worth re-taking, or taking some other heqavy-duty bio courses, to show us you can handle medical school. I sense you're almost there.

Thanks.