Retaking classes to improve GPA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imacarrie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding applying with a low gpa. I was putting together my pre-reqs in my head and generally calculating the gpa for it; I'm a little worried it may be too low so I'm highly considering redoing classes over the next year (I decided to take a year off to really put a good application). My question is whether or not anyone did this and got in? I'm afraid that even though I redo the class and get an A in it, it will still look bad on my application that I didn't do good the first time around. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Retakes depend on the school: some take both grades, some average the two, and some take the higher grade... I can tell you one thing though, retaking classes and getting good grades can't hurt and if anything it shows your motivation to be a competetive applicant and determination to become a PT. I got in with a really low overall GPA, so it is possible.

Good Luck!

Thank you and Congrats!
Yeah I never did well with classes even though I knew the material; test anxiety was always my enemy. My GPA is barely over the minimum requirements. I'm hoping that my immense amount of observation/experience hours in various locations, good GRE and letters of rec will come in handy to compensate for my grades.

Anyone else has any success stories?