Retaking DAT, PAT help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inna94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I took the DAT last month and received a 20TS, 19AA but a 16 in PAT, so I finally decided to retake it since I sent out my application this cycle prior to taking the exam. I used bootcamp generators to study for the DAT, the sections I struggled the most with were keyholes, TFE and hole punching. I mostly focused on just generators and took some bootcamp practice tests. Would you recommend for me to stick with bootcamp or maybe try a different software/program? If someone is great in Pat section overall, maybe try a video chat or something of the sort to further explain, all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I found that the DAT GENIUS hole punch generator was tougher/better than the bootcamp one.

Other than that, you seem to have a solid plan of attack.

TFE just comes down to alot of practice and intuition.

Keyholes are stupid.

Reactions: 1 users

This video helped me answer 99% of the hole punching questions I encountered during my studies correctly. It's a great strategy

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I took the DAT last month and received a 20TS, 19AA but a 16 in PAT, so I finally decided to retake it since I sent out my application this cycle prior to taking the exam. I used bootcamp generators to study for the DAT, the sections I struggled the most with were keyholes, TFE and hole punching. I mostly focused on just generators and took some bootcamp practice tests. Would you recommend for me to stick with bootcamp or maybe try a different software/program? If someone is great in Pat section overall, maybe try a video chat or something of the sort to further explain, all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Depending on your GPA and other scores you might have a good chance for interviews even with that 16. What is your GPA, school and complete score breakdown.

Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA and ECs? I've heard you should almost never retake for PAT lol. My PAT was awful both times but I'm not gonna retake it haha.

Depending on your GPA and other scores you might have a good chance for interviews even with that 16. What is your GPA, school and complete score breakdown.

Nancy

PAT: 16
Quantitive Reasoning: 16
Reading Comprehension: 20
Biology: 20
General Chemistry: 21
Organic Chemistry: 20
Total Science: 20r
Academic Average: 19

sGPA: 3.57
OGPA: 3.68

Total shadow hours about 200, currently volunteering chair side for one general dentist. Have 750 lab research hours, also was an academic tutor at my school, graduated this May, therefore a private tutor now. Maryland said they have a 18 cutoff in every section, Tufts said they prefer 19-20 in every section, and UPitt said the 16 PAT is a little too low.

Applied to Temple, UPitt, Maryland, Tufts, Rutgers, LECOM

Total shadow hours about 200, currently volunteering chair side for one general dentist. Have 750 lab research hours, also was an academic tutor at my school, graduated this May, therefore a private tutor now. Maryland said they have a 18 cutoff in every section, Tufts said they prefer 19-20 in every section, and UPitt said the 16 PAT is a little too low.

You have solid GPAs and decent ECs!! Oh lol well I'm screwed for Maryland and Pitt too then haha no big deal I suppose. Apply to a few more schools! I don't see why you can't get in this cycle with everything you've done. QR and PAT are supposed to be the least important sections!

It a very close call...You have 2 16's although not the most important sections, 2 16's is questionable. I think you have an excellent chance at interviews and once on the interview you need to convince them you are an excellent candidate for their school

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user