Retaking in July What to use

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my scores back from the April exam. I did well. (11s across the board for a 33R). I understand this is a good score, but I feel I can do better. So, I am going to prep for another month and a half and I was thinking about using EK 1001 books (I only used Kaplan material last time, and I think it would be good to change it up). Any suggestions would be appreciated. (My target is 37).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

I took mine last august and I got a 33 as well (12, 12, 9VR). My goal is a 36. I also did Kaplan when I took the test so I feel like we're in the same boat. I just bought the EK 1001 series (all of them) and redoing the 101 passages since my weakness is clearly verbal. I'm worried about maintaining my upper scores while improving my lower. Do you have a strat for doing so?

I never did the workbook for verbal from kaplan so I'm also working through that. Since you don't seem to have a weakness (haha lucky!) what else are you using?

I'm beginning to think I should sign up for a retake after todays exam. Do you guys really think its worth it to retake after getting a 33???

It depends on your goals and what you think your capable of. I definitely hit my goal with verbal (where I wanted to be). But I definitely fell in both my sciences by a lot (especially bio) I was doing 13-15 on practice exams. So, I definitely feel I can pull up my score, and I am also shooting for a top 20 school. A 33 can definitely carry you tons of places, but it makes it much tougher for a higher ranked school. Again, its only worth it if you know you can do better in my opinion.

I agree with the above post. With the latter AAMC's I was definitely hitting the 13's and 14's on the sciences. My main reason for retaking is that my verbal isn't above average, esp not for the competitive schools I have my eye out for. :scared: