retaking mcat, improvement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i saw this website and you put in your past score and it spits back your likely improvement (based on the AMCAS statistics).

lol what it gave me back was not very promising...a net increase of zero, one point up in verbal and one point down in bio.

i was hoping to improve from my august '05 score, up by 4 points.

i'm putting in the work way EARLIER this time around..last year, things only got really serious in august.

i'm hoping that my hard work is going to pay off, but those statistics aren't very promising

:(

Members don't see this ad.

bananaboat said:
i saw this website and you put in your past score and it spits back your likely improvement (based on the AMCAS statistics).

lol what it gave me back was not very promising...a net increase of zero, one point up in verbal and one point down in bio.

i was hoping to improve from my august '05 score, up by 4 points.

i'm putting in the work way EARLIER this time around..last year, things only got really serious in august.

i'm hoping that my hard work is going to pay off, but those statistics aren't very promising

:(

Thank god you're not a scientist. :laugh: Here's a quick lesson: statistics apply to groups (that are randomly sampled and large enough to be statistically significant), not to individuals.

To put it another way, why bother studying for the MCAT at all? The average score is 24 (8,8,8), so surely that's what you'll get. I mean, statistically speaking anyways. :D

oh i just did the same website too and it's pretty ego-deflating and in my opinion dumb. mine has me dropping one point in physics. so at least you get the same thing hhahahha it does not at all take into account all the extra studying and working harder i'm sure.

First time I took the exam I studied Examkrackers and made a 24. Before the second time I took it, I again studied Examkrackers, but added ALL the 1001 questions from chemistry, physics, and biology and made a 25. The third time I studied my text books and tried to understand the basic principles of the tested sections and made a 30.

I think most people don't improve because they study the same way. The MCAT is a test where you must understand the basic sciences.Study to understand and I think you can improve.