retaking pre req courses with WORSE marks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicslover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently retook some prereqs that I got bad in and ended up doing WORSE IN THEM! I had a lot going on but I'm sick of making excuses for myself. I know that I couldha done better but this is going to look ridiciously bad on my app. I don't know what to do :( I don't think taking a third time would look very good :( :( ;(

Members don't see this ad.

my undergrad GPA was a 3.2 and after I retook my courses and DID HORRIBLY in them (personal family issues) and now my overall GPA is now a 2.99 :S:S:

Sigh...I wish I had never redone those courses..my GPA has been brought done cause I wanted to have a better shot of acceptance.

plus if I am a canadian, is the adjustment to the GPA done after the optomcas or is it already added??

my question is...does this mean that all schools will only look at the 2.99 GPA to invite me to interviews... :( :(

im so frustrated and upset right now!!

my undergrad GPA was a 3.2 and after I retook my courses and DID HORRIBLY in them (personal family issues) and now my overall GPA is now a 2.99 :S:S:

Sigh...I wish I had never redone those courses..my GPA has been brought done cause I wanted to have a better shot of acceptance.

plus if I am a canadian, is the adjustment to the GPA done after the optomcas or is it already added??

my question is...does this mean that all schools will only look at the 2.99 GPA to invite me to interviews... :( :(

im so frustrated and upset right now!!

Did u submit you OptomCAS application?? I'm pretty sure they'll take the most recent grades... regardless of higher or lower..

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i submitted, thats the problem, my most recent grades are the retakes i did bad in :(

I recently retook some prereqs that I got bad in and ended up doing WORSE IN THEM! I had a lot going on but I'm sick of making excuses for myself. I know that I couldha done better but this is going to look ridiciously bad on my app. I don't know what to do :( I don't think taking a third time would look very good :( :( ;(

Perhaps it's time to admit that optometry just may not be the profession for you. There's nothing wrong with that.