Retroactive withdrawal......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arjuna

Wielder of the Brahmastra
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So long story short, my second semester freshman year was horribly bad for me. My parents lost my job, and I had to help them set up a daycare from scratch; I was applying for jobs for my father and helping my parents out in the daycare. I was also adjusting to freshman year and since my roommate didnt gel with me, I had to pay for the room while commuting from off campus daily. I never stayed in the room. As a result of all this, I didnt do to well in a pre-req that I was taking; even though I studied like crazy for it, things didn't work out. I ended up with a bad grade, and I will be retaking it come this summer. However, I just found out that the University has a policy regarding retroactive withdrawal for rare cases, and I was wondering if you guys have done something similar in the past. I was going through an incredibly tough time and it really stressed me out greatly. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If your school has such a policy then take advantage of it.

soooooooooooooooo retroactively withdraw

I had retroactive withdrawals on 2 whole semesters because of alcohol dependence, rehab, etc. Because of that, I actually have a decent chance of getting into med school as long as I keep doing what I'm doing (which is stay sober and make A's).

I would definitely do it. W's are better than bad grades. I know people who have gotten in with more W's than me (I have 10). They do want an explanation though, from what I understand. A cluster of W's with no explanation raises some questions, which is understandable.