Reusing last year's LORs: Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinkerbell22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if pharmacy schools legally have to save their old applications on file for a period of time?

The reason I am asking is this: I applied very late to a school last cycle and received an interview, but ultimately was not accepted. I have all my ducks in a row this year, except for one LOR that this same school requires. All of the other schools I am applying to don't require an LOR from a specific type of professor. I asked for the LOR back in early June, but it is still not completed. Rather than wait and possibly end up applying late to this rolling admission school, can I just submit my application without the letter?

They already recieved 3 LORS from me last year, but I'm trying to get new ones. Do you think they will refuse my application until the new LOR comes in from this specific professor?

I don't think you can use the LORs from last year without Re-Doing the whole thing in Pharmcas can you?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they will have saved your old LORs. Usually schools say they will hold your application and not look at it until you have sent all the required LORs. You can go ahead and submit PharmCAS but I doubt they will look at it until that letter comes in.

What's the deal with your professor? If you asked in June that should be more than enough time to get a LOR out. Have you gone to visit the prof and explained that you really need the letter?

I was wondering if anyone knows if pharmacy schools legally have to save their old applications on file for a period of time?

The reason I am asking is this: I applied very late to a school last cycle and received an interview, but ultimately was not accepted. I have all my ducks in a row this year, except for one LOR that this same school requires. All of the other schools I am applying to don't require an LOR from a specific type of professor. I asked for the LOR back in early June, but it is still not completed. Rather than wait and possibly end up applying late to this rolling admission school, can I just submit my application without the letter?

They already recieved 3 LORS from me last year, but I'm trying to get new ones. Do you think they will refuse my application until the new LOR comes in from this specific professor?

I don't think you can use the LORs from last year without Re-Doing the whole thing in Pharmcas can you?

Hey Tinkerbell22,
I am in the same boat, I asked one of my professors for a letter for Pharmcas, so it's a fill-in form, on June 30. He still hasn't gotten to it yet. Even after I personally went to see him and numerous email reminders. I don't know what else to do to get him to get this done:scared:.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, PharmCAS doesn't save the LORs. I know for some schools, you can submit PharmCAS and they'll wait until they receive everything. You can ask for the school about it because usually they are patient in waiting. Plus, PharmCAS takes forever to send stuff...

Thank you... I've emailed a lot... and I might have to find time to go by... the only problem is that I'm in grad school now in a different city so it would be a long drive. I might have to do it though unless I can get a grad school professor to do it?