1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

REVieW BK: Kaplan or Princeton?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DJay, Jun 23, 2002.

1. DJay

DJay Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys~

My 1st time MCAT is in about little less than 2 month away(starting to panic a bit...)

And unfortunatly, I didn't get to really start to review til yesterday...but right now I have a dilemma in terms of which bk I should use to review science....

I have a Princeton's huge fat science review book from '99...seem very time consuming...

and I also have this year's Kaplan course science review bks(got it from a friend who signed up for the course, but later decided being doctor was not him)....

Which books shold I use that is time efficient with realistic chance of doing well(~30)???
    Please help~ asap...
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

It is very important to find out at what level you are at. I would advice to do some sort of short diagnostic test and if you do not have one, go ahead and do a full-length test. It would be also good if you updated your book to something that is close to 2002 because the test might have changed for the last 3 years.

4. DJ,

Don't panic. Two months is plenty of time. I didn't really start any significant studying until 2 weeks before the exam (I was slightly panicked :) ) I remember in mid-March, approx. two months before my April exam, taking the Kaplan Full Length #2 and sitting there in the middle of the Physical Science and thinking, "this is as hard as hell, there is no way I'm going to EVER get into med school." I freaked out. Well needless to say all that worry, while eventually forcing me to gear up and study, was for naught. I ended up with a 33+ in April, much to my relief. You have two months and if you start full force now, you'll be absolutely fine!