Review classes for PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsweet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hesitated to create a new thread, but this has been bugging me for a while....

I've heard that review books underprepare you for the PCAT, while only the Kaplan class overprepares you for the PCAT. I live in an area where the Kaplan class is not offered so I must use review books. Does this mean I have to study using all the books in order to be well prepared, especially since I won't have taken Organic Chem 2 by the time I take the PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know, but if I get into pharmacy school this year, I can send you my Kaplan review books for the prep class that I took during the fall. It includes the calculus portion of the exam.

I'm in sort of the same boat, I'm in NYC and the PCAT prep-course is not offered here, which is really fustrating to me. They only provide the online prep-course. anyone else reading this tread from new york thats taking the PCAT?

~M

Gizmo said:
I don't know, but if I get into pharmacy school this year, I can send you my Kaplan review books for the prep class that I took during the fall. It includes the calculus portion of the exam.

That would be awesome... I was considering calling Kaplan and asking if I could just buy the books they use in the class but I doubt they would do that...

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, it is either the upcoming generation of pharmacy students are stipud or just paranoid. I didn't use any PCAT books or review class, I studied my college notes and just took the test. PCAT stands for Piss College Admissions Test. Because it is easy like going to take a piss!

BESTPHARMACY said:
Damn, it is either the upcoming generation of pharmacy students are stipud or just paranoid. I didn't use any PCAT books or review class, I studied my college notes and just took the test. PCAT stands for Piss College Admissions Test. Because it is easy like going to take a piss!

This is the most unprofessional post I have seen. Maybe you've heard of something called "preparation" which is what one does before taking a major test. Also consider that some of us are pursuing pharmacy as a career the second time around. Try being an engineer and taking the PCAT after having taken only a few natural sciences and mostly engineering classes and calculus up to a level that is probably higher than your GPA.

Well I guess I'm a "stipud" pharmacy student because I used review books to study for the PCAT.I did not feel underprepared from the review books. I used Perterson's PCAT success and Barron's. I hear there's a new Kaplan book out that's good too. There's also a Cliff's Bio review book I used which is really short, and I swear it covered every topic on the the bio section. Hope this helps. Even if preparation is "stipud", it worked for me. I got a 97 composite. Good luck to everyone, however you chose to prepare.

How's the Kaplan review course online? I saw something for the online course recently and because it's not being offerred here, I was wondering if any of you have ever taken it. It says that you'll get the review books and everything. I'm a little skeptical because it is an online course and I don't have any experience in taking an only-online course. Feedback please!!!!!! :luck: