Review classes for PCAT

Started by starsweet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

starsweet

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hesitated to create a new thread, but this has been bugging me for a while....

I've heard that review books underprepare you for the PCAT, while only the Kaplan class overprepares you for the PCAT. I live in an area where the Kaplan class is not offered so I must use review books. Does this mean I have to study using all the books in order to be well prepared, especially since I won't have taken Organic Chem 2 by the time I take the PCAT?
 
I don't know, but if I get into pharmacy school this year, I can send you my Kaplan review books for the prep class that I took during the fall. It includes the calculus portion of the exam.
 
I'm in sort of the same boat, I'm in NYC and the PCAT prep-course is not offered here, which is really fustrating to me. They only provide the online prep-course. anyone else reading this tread from new york thats taking the PCAT?

~M
 
Gizmo said:
I don't know, but if I get into pharmacy school this year, I can send you my Kaplan review books for the prep class that I took during the fall. It includes the calculus portion of the exam.

That would be awesome... I was considering calling Kaplan and asking if I could just buy the books they use in the class but I doubt they would do that...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn, it is either the upcoming generation of pharmacy students are stipud or just paranoid. I didn't use any PCAT books or review class, I studied my college notes and just took the test. PCAT stands for Piss College Admissions Test. Because it is easy like going to take a piss!
 
BESTPHARMACY said:
Damn, it is either the upcoming generation of pharmacy students are stipud or just paranoid. I didn't use any PCAT books or review class, I studied my college notes and just took the test. PCAT stands for Piss College Admissions Test. Because it is easy like going to take a piss!

This is the most unprofessional post I have seen. Maybe you've heard of something called "preparation" which is what one does before taking a major test. Also consider that some of us are pursuing pharmacy as a career the second time around. Try being an engineer and taking the PCAT after having taken only a few natural sciences and mostly engineering classes and calculus up to a level that is probably higher than your GPA.
 
Well I guess I'm a "stipud" pharmacy student because I used review books to study for the PCAT.I did not feel underprepared from the review books. I used Perterson's PCAT success and Barron's. I hear there's a new Kaplan book out that's good too. There's also a Cliff's Bio review book I used which is really short, and I swear it covered every topic on the the bio section. Hope this helps. Even if preparation is "stipud", it worked for me. I got a 97 composite. Good luck to everyone, however you chose to prepare.
 
How's the Kaplan review course online? I saw something for the online course recently and because it's not being offerred here, I was wondering if any of you have ever taken it. It says that you'll get the review books and everything. I'm a little skeptical because it is an online course and I don't have any experience in taking an only-online course. Feedback please!!!!!! :luck: