Review Manuals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newankle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone was trying to argue with me the other day based on info they obtained from a review manual - The Goldfarb Foundation Board Certification Review Study Guide so I looked it over and was horrified by a number of things stated in that manual that are incorrect. How can this be a board review study guide that has been edited and have so many errors? Is this view shared by others?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone was trying to argue with me the other day based on info they obtained from a review manual - The Goldfarb Foundation Board Certification Review Study Guide so I looked it over and was horrified by a number of things stated in that manual that are incorrect. How can this be a board review study guide that has been edited and have so many errors? Is this view shared by others?
I don't think that this manual is really widely used. At least I haven't seen it be used that often. It is one of those things that gets passed on that not many people use, I think. I am pretty sure I have a copy of it (electronically), but other than open it real quick to browse, I didn't use it at all. Not to study for boards, and certainly not to argue a point...

I would like to think I have "acquired" every possible review manual, and I have never heard of this Goldfarb thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to think I have "acquired" every possible review manual, and I have never heard of this Goldfarb thing.

It is the new Hershey. It's like a textbook, but more expensive...:laugh:

A few points I'd like to make. First of all, the Goldfarb book has been around a LONG time, and I'm not sure that it has been "freshend up" regarding many topics. As a result, many procedures, ideas, theories that may have been in vogue or correct at the time, no longer share that status.

Additionally, I'm not sure the editing was ever spectacular, and there were many errors that went undetected, and some were actually the exact oppositie of what should have been written.

You know that even the best manuals or text books are filled with errors and even those that may be correct only represent the view of that particular author. So use the textbook or manual as a soft reference, and rely on your own skills, knowledge and experience as your "gospel".