Review Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjn566

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am taking practice tests and am not seeing much improvement. I am not sure how to go over my practice tests in order to improve my next score. Everyone says the most important part of studying for the MCAT is by learning from your mistakes. However I am finding it difficult to translate this into an actual plan of action. What do most successful MCATters (I have made this a word now) do to learn from their past mistakes? I am taking the MCAT Jan 23, 2016. About 2 months from now. Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

You should spend at MINIMUM twice the time taking the test for reviewing. So if you take a full length it should take about 14-15 hours at least to go over everything. The longer you spend the better. Split this evenly or unevenly if you need work on a specific section. Also, keep a notebook of your mistakes! Write down a fact you never knew before, a general topic to review later, or a test taking strategy you can employ. Review the notebook everyday before you sleep and if you want everything neat and organized type them up! Maybe leading up to the test, rewrite everything in your notebook. I know that my note taking was a very important factor while reviewing tests to help me improve my score. And for test prep companies, don't worry so much about your score as much as how much material can I learn from them. Only worry about your score on AAMC material.

Reactions: 1 user