Reviewing Step 1 material for M3 rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start OBGYN shortly (sob). Is it worth the time to review pathoma/first aid material for the repro unit, if only for the pathologies/preggo stuff, or should I just dive right into Beckman's?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you done OnlineMedEd? FA and Pathoma have unnecessary details

Reactions: 1 users
I reviewed before and it was worth it (but like you said...light review)

Members don't see this ad :)
OME & UWorld. I also liked the clinical case studies book series for each specific clinical rotation. You've already learned all the basic sciences, now it's time to learn the clinical stuff.

I'm echoing what a lot of my learned colleagues and higher ups said above: OME, Casefiles, Uworld. Case files is pretty great, OME gives me some good additional clinical tie ins and lamens terms, and Uworld is just great for practice, since we are talking about an NBME here. Bury your FA and Pathoma, OP. Or you could burn it, maybe that'd be more cathartic.

This is specific for OB/Gyn, but I actually found going over the specific step 1 material (not including anatomy) to be extremely helpful for the shelf exam. Casefiles, Uworld and the ACOG questions were far more useful though. I realize this is N=1 but my exam was like 75% from the aforementioned materials, 10-15% step 1 material and the rest either material you picked up on the floors or bullsh*t questions.

Didn't help much clinically though...

Reactions: 1 user