Poit

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I start OBGYN shortly (sob). Is it worth the time to review pathoma/first aid material for the repro unit, if only for the pathologies/preggo stuff, or should I just dive right into Beckman's?

AlbinoHawk DO

An Osteopath
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Have you done OnlineMedEd? FA and Pathoma have unnecessary details

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

flasheroonie

Teddy Bear
10+ Year Member
May 24, 2010
TARDIS
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
OME & UWorld. I also liked the clinical case studies book series for each specific clinical rotation. You've already learned all the basic sciences, now it's time to learn the clinical stuff.

Saxappeal1

M.D.
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm echoing what a lot of my learned colleagues and higher ups said above: OME, Casefiles, Uworld. Case files is pretty great, OME gives me some good additional clinical tie ins and lamens terms, and Uworld is just great for practice, since we are talking about an NBME here. Bury your FA and Pathoma, OP. Or you could burn it, maybe that'd be more cathartic.

Datypicalpremed

Feed me Seymour!
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2013
Lurking on the forums...
This is specific for OB/Gyn, but I actually found going over the specific step 1 material (not including anatomy) to be extremely helpful for the shelf exam. Casefiles, Uworld and the ACOG questions were far more useful though. I realize this is N=1 but my exam was like 75% from the aforementioned materials, 10-15% step 1 material and the rest either material you picked up on the floors or bullsh*t questions.

Didn't help much clinically though...

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.