rewrite DAT and sumbit score later, or not rewrite and sumbit early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

My latest DAT score is 19 for AA and 21 for PAT.

DAT score is the only thing I can improve now. Other aspects of my application are pretty solid. I plan to take the DAT in the end of July or around mid August. I need at least 3 months to confidently score higher mark than the first DAT.

Is it better to sumbit higher score later in the application cycle (assuming that I score higher on the 2nd one), or sumbit my current lower scores early in the application? Does sumbitting DAT score after 3 months after May makes much differences?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

These scores are in the admitted average DAT range. If you are from Canada then you'll probably be considered as out of state for most state schools but for private schools you are not at a disadvantage. I would submit early with your present scores, do not indicate you are retaking, and then send the schools your retake scores if they are higher. Otherwise, the danger of a late application is not worth the risk of marginally better scores. Unless you know you will do much, much better I would submit early with your presently respectable scores.

thanks for the tips. I don't think that I will do MUCH and MUCH better on the 2nd American DAT since I have to study organic chem and quantative reasoning from scratch in 3 months.