RFA questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. I dilute 1cc of steroid in 10cc of 1% lidocaine and put 1cc at each site post burn.
2. 1cc of a 50/50 mix of 2% lidocaine/0.25% bupivicaine each site and wait 1 minute before burn.
3. I put 1cc of 0.25% bupivicaine in a TFESI if there's diagnostic utility. If it's a repeat injection, just saline. Also agree sometimes for an acute flare i will add some local.
 
1. no to steroid.
2. 1 cc of 2 % lidocaine.
3. only time I use local is with an inpatient. inpatients aren't going home and not at risk for falling due to leg weakness.

well, rarely with an "emergent" "new" disc herniation. last time was in early April.