right after BA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

giggledesi

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any MPH programs that accept students who havent worked for a couple years out of a school? Straight out of undergrad? thanks!
 
Many schools accept people right out of undergrad - otherwise, I wouldn't be here today (Michigan alumna). 😀 One of the most notable ones that does not is Harvard, and they only accept people with terminal degrees. There are a few others that don't normally accept folks without work experience, but I think that if you rock out on the GRE and have good reasons for wanting to enter public health, you can definitely make it in. Otherwise, you'll have a pretty decent shot at just about any accredited public health program in the US.

These old threads might also help:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=93473&highlight=mph+experience
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=95160&highlight=mph+experience

Best,
H&T
 
Most programs will accept right out of undergrad. I only worked for 6 months before starting my MPH program.
 
Harvard only take people into their MS program out of undergrad. Hopkins only accepts into their MHS program. Both require 2 years work exp. or the equivalent for their MPH programs.