You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Riots across the country
Started by mentos
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Yea this is worse than LA in 92. If this does not end ASAP I am afraid this will blow up in a huge way.
If someone brings a handgun to one of these riots and shoots into law enforcement - the outcome would be a disaster.
I fear for a lot of the pharmacists and technicians working in major cities are in danger. These rioters will come looking for controlled substance if it keeps getting worse.
If someone brings a handgun to one of these riots and shoots into law enforcement - the outcome would be a disaster.
I fear for a lot of the pharmacists and technicians working in major cities are in danger. These rioters will come looking for controlled substance if it keeps getting worse.
Yea this is worse than LA in 92. If this does not end ASAP I am afraid this will blow up in a huge way.
If someone brings a handgun to one of these riots and shoots into law enforcement - the outcome would be a disaster.
I fear for a lot of the pharmacists and technicians working in major cities are in danger. These rioters will come looking for controlled substance if it keeps getting worse.
Remember the CVS that was burned down in Baltimore a few years ago? I can see that happening soon. What happens to the staff, would they get paid if their pharmacy gets destroyed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember the CVS that was burned down in Baltimore a few years ago? I can see that happening soon. What happens to the staff, would they get paid if their pharmacy gets destroyed?
Now, more than ever, it is important to keep a very slim supply of controlled.
An escape plan for staff is important too. Fire extinguishers may be important too? My goodness this is weird to say... This stuff that I’m seeing on Twitter and on the news is shocking.
Some of these mobs are straight up killing people and/or severely injuring. I would like to say these are isolated incidents that are being sensationalized but I don’t think it is. These mobs are downright dangerous and out of control.
I am safe at home gaming my life away. Will continue to not care until it affects me in some way.
Rioters and looters are trying to create chaos and find opportunities to steal. As a side note, Floyd's family is killing it with Gofundme.
If they continue looting grocery stores then it will affect you. Where will we get our food from? How much toilet paper do you have stocked up? They are looting all of that too. Do you ever order things in the mail? Postal workers and UPS drivers are not going to deliver during a riot.
America will not reopen until this is over so the stock market will crash again. Also this will cause a second wave of Covid-19 and all the gains from this month could be wiped out.
Last edited:
Every Walgreens was shut down last night due to rioting. Quite a few walgreens and cvs have been wrecked
Do they still pay the staff when that happens?
D
deleted885753
Violence is a primal human instinct. You can only suppress it for so long in the chain of law. Reminds me of Rick and Morty episode where government had allowed one day per year where citizens could freely murder or commit any crimes without punishment.
I am fully with the protesters on this one. Police brutality and harassment in this country is a real issue. Looting on the other hand is just thugs being opportunistic. It has nothing to do with real issue.
I am fully with the protesters on this one. Police brutality and harassment in this country is a real issue. Looting on the other hand is just thugs being opportunistic. It has nothing to do with real issue.
I just love how the only rational way Americans respond to violence is with more violence (sarcasm)
I just love how the only rational way Americans respond to violence is with more violence (sarcasm)
"Can we all get along" -Rodney King
Stalled OPEC talks were the excuse for markets plummeting in March. I don't think algos will react much to riots
If you look at the list of Target closures in California - proximity to light rail / public transit (even lily white areas), proximity to the poors. I don't think Walmart will close their EBT traps pre-emptively.
If you look at the list of Target closures in California - proximity to light rail / public transit (even lily white areas), proximity to the poors. I don't think Walmart will close their EBT traps pre-emptively.
Last edited:
Stalled OPEC talks were the excuse for markets plummeting in March. I don't think algos will react much to riots
Right now they are destroying their neighborhoods. What if they start destroying the factories?
I am not a fan of police and they are very corrupt where I am. However, I am much less of a fan of civil unrest, destruction of property, and rioting.
I can understand the looting, times are tough. But what good does setting cars on fire do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can understand the looting, times are tough. But what good does setting cars on fire do?
I guess they are targeting police cars primarily, which doesn't make it right. Looting I don't understand, especially looting of TVs and sneakers.
If they continue looting grocery stores then it will affect you. Where will we get our food from? How much toilet paper do you have stocked up? They are looting all of that too. Do you ever order things in the mail? Postal workers and UPS drivers are not going to deliver during a riot.
America will not reopen until this is over so the stock market will crash again. Also this will cause a second wave of Covid-19 and all the gains from this month could be wiped out.
Remember when the toilet paper hoarders were being shamed and ridiculed? Turns out perhaps it made more sense after all.
Remember when the toilet paper hoarders were being shamed and ridiculed? Turns out perhaps it made more sense after all.
Oh wow so they foresaw these riots? Shoot wish they would've warned us lol
Oh wow so they foresaw these riots? Shoot wish they would've warned us lol
No - their gut told them that something was really wrong and access to common services may be disrupted. We can continue to mock them but the truth is that they were responding to their instincts in a natural way.
No - their gut told them that something was really wrong and access to common services may be disrupted. We can continue to mock them but the truth is that they were responding to their instincts in a natural way.
No, you're still just a person that wasted their time at Costco that weekend.
No, you're still just a person that wasted their time at Costco that weekend.
It’s okay - you know you want to go buy some toilet paper....
Looting is easy to understand because some of those people are trash and don't give two ****s
See G20 summit in Europe a few yrs ago, HK protests as well
No looting in HK protests FYI
If your walgreens is in protest/riot area, and haven't received any emails/calls yet about safety or closing, what do?
If your walgreens is in protest/riot area, and haven't received any emails/calls yet about safety or closing, what do?
They obviously want you to keep working and protect the inventory with your life.
D
deleted480308
I cannot understand the looting, not okI can understand the looting, times are tough. But what good does setting cars on fire do?
I can understand the looting, times are tough. But what good does setting cars on fire do?
I guess having a fancy jacket is going to make your life much better.
The coroner’s report will show that the car’s destruction was primarily caused by an overdue oil change and the rear passenger tire being 2psi low. The being set on fire was a coincidence.I can understand the looting, times are tough. But what good does setting cars on fire do?
We considered kneeling during the national anthem to protest police violence instead. But the GOP decided that it meant we hate the troops?I just love how the only rational way Americans respond to violence is with more violence (sarcasm)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I cannot understand the looting, not ok
These uneducated, mentally unstable people are told to give up their rights and lockdown for 2+ months. Their stimulus check ran out over a month ago (if they even paid taxes and got one) and they've been unemployed for over a month and still told America can't reopen. That's just asking for trouble and here it is. There are people looting toilet paper.
Last edited:
These uneducated, mentally unstable people are told to give up their rights and lockdown for 2+ months. Their stimulus check ran out over a month ago (if they even paid taxes and got one) and they've been unemployed for over a month and still told America can't reopen. That's just asking for trouble and here it is. There are people looting toilet paper.
some of the people don’t look like they’ve ever been employed, otherwise they wouldn’t be destroying businesses.
I blame one side for locking down too long and the other for denying extended stimulus, sounds about right?
I blame one side for locking down too long and the other for denying extended stimulus, sounds about right?
I think the bigger picture would be to do the following:
-Stop teaching children that they are the center of the universe and that they can be whatever their heart desires when they grow up.
-teach our children that life is a whole lot tougher than they think it is and that every day will be a struggle to survive.
-stop this non-sense where the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer.. I hate to say it but we need an old fashioned redistribution of wealth to expand and secure the middle class.
-with the above in mind, and making the middle class more accessible to the population we can prevent a lot of what we are seeing.
Some Walmart neighborhood market stores actually close early today tooStalled OPEC talks were the excuse for markets plummeting in March. I don't think algos will react much to riots
If you look at the list of Target closures in California - proximity to light rail / public transit (even lily white areas), proximity to the poors. I don't think Walmart will close their EBT traps pre-emptively.
What is the end game? If one side escalates and some innocent person gets hurt, then what is the next step? What is going to stop it?
Innocent people are already getting hurt. It will take the military to end this.
May 3, 1992 - Over 1,100 Marines, 600 Army soldiers, and 6,500 National Guard troops patrol the streets of Los Angeles.
Just got the call. Closing my 24 hour store in Philly burbs.
Innocent people are already getting hurt. It will take the military to end this.
May 3, 1992 - Over 1,100 Marines, 600 Army soldiers, and 6,500 National Guard troops patrol the streets of Los Angeles.
Unlike 1992, with the use of social media today...it is much easier to spread out.
I remember the smoke from the LA riot. It was mostly concentrated in certain areas. It didn’t spread after the national guards moved in.
How would this end? Is there a solution that is acceptable?
How long am I going to be sitting on the phone trying to get an alarm code?
Hopefully ur gates shut properly too lolHow long am I going to be sitting on the phone trying to get an alarm code?
Just got the call. Closing my 24 hour store in Philly burbs.
Stay safe man.
How long am I going to be sitting on the phone trying to get an alarm code?
Shouldn’t wait forever. Good luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my code after 45 minutes. Now the roof hatch isn't working and we can't get the front door alarm. LMFAO. This company.
I got my code after 45 minutes. Now the roof hatch isn't working and we can't get the front door alarm. LMFAO. This company.
Anybody else with you?
Unlike 1992, with the use of social media today...it is much easier to spread out.
I remember the smoke from the LA riot. It was mostly concentrated in certain areas. It didn’t spread after the national guards moved in.
How would this end? Is there a solution that is acceptable?
Show me the country that ever stopped rioters by coddling them
Bring in the military and restore order
I'm home now. The alarm company just told us to leave and they'd set it remotely.
Show me the country that ever stopped rioters by coddling them
Bring in the military and restore order
I can show you a few country where attacking the rioters led to the government getting overthrown.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 561