1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Rising Senior, when should I take the MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by TooMuchPressure, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TooMuchPressure

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am applying in 2016. When would be the ideal time to take it? I have started light studying here and there but haven't actually started hardcore studying. Also, I am taking biochemistry and physics 2 and orgo lab in the fall. Should I wait till after I finish those classes to start studying and just take a lighter course load in the spring? What do you guys think? Any advice appreciated thanks.

2. Mad Jack

Mad Jack Critically Caring
    Physician Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

I'd take it in the spring after you finish those classes, with a time horizon that would let you get your results back by the time the app cycle opens.

3. Gibbward

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Definitely take it in the spring, earlier (Jan,Feb) if you want to give yourself some time in case you want to retake. Having biochem and physics 2 still fresh in your mind will definitely help with studying for the MCAT. And take a lighter course load if you can, since studying for the MCAT is a big time/energy commitment.

4. tenblackalps

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    +1 for spring and I wouldn't worry about studying too much mcat in September and October if you take it early 2016