1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Rising Senior, when should I take the MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by TooMuchPressure, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TooMuchPressure

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am applying in 2016. When would be the ideal time to take it? I have started light studying here and there but haven't actually started hardcore studying. Also, I am taking biochemistry and physics 2 and orgo lab in the fall. Should I wait till after I finish those classes to start studying and just take a lighter course load in the spring? What do you guys think? Any advice appreciated thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mad Jack

Mad Jack Critically Caring
    Physician Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

I'd take it in the spring after you finish those classes, with a time horizon that would let you get your results back by the time the app cycle opens.

4. Gibbward

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Definitely take it in the spring, earlier (Jan,Feb) if you want to give yourself some time in case you want to retake. Having biochem and physics 2 still fresh in your mind will definitely help with studying for the MCAT. And take a lighter course load if you can, since studying for the MCAT is a big time/energy commitment.

5. tenblackalps

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    +1 for spring and I wouldn't worry about studying too much mcat in September and October if you take it early 2016