Risky Letter Writer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter from my manager at a lab I worked at prior to leaving. He works at the med school I plan on applying to. He said he will write me a great letter prior to me leaving or even telling him that I am going to leave. When I later told him that I am planning on leaving he was not very happy about my decision.

So since I am applying to my state school which have the best chance of getting in, do you think he will say something bad about me if the school contacts him? Or will schools even contact letter writers? Thankfully I received the letter before leaving so the letter is fine, I am just worried if someone contacts him. Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

why would someone write a letter of recommendation to medical school for someone yet be surprised that they were leaving?

Members don't see this ad :)
He was expecting me to continue till 2012.

He was expecting me to continue till 2012.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would he write you a letter now then, if he didn't think you needed it until 2011?

The worst thing that you can do for yourself in the situation is to have him write you a bad LOR. Don't risk it.