RO APM conspiracy theories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just for funsies let's provide completely unsubstantiated stories of how/why RO APM will be delayed at the last minute.

Signed

One of those IN the APM (the "lucky" zip codes)

Members don't see this ad.

Just for funsies let's provide completely unsubstantiated stories of how/why RO APM will be delayed at the last minute.

Signed

One of those IN the APM (the "lucky" zip codes)

Will it directly negatively impact you, do you think?

A new MedOnc, fresh out of fellowship, submits a bill for one year of Keytruda for one patient to Anthem BCBS. However, since this new grad never learned billing at literally any point in their training, they accidentally filled out the paperwork such that the payment is sent to the RadOnc arm of CMS.

CMS, now flush with cash, announces that they have funding for all Radiation Oncology services for the next 5 years, and are putting a freeze on any cuts until the year 2026.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of lobbyists are pushing really, REALLY hard to carve out last-minute APM exceptions (Protons, MR linacs, BgRT linacs).
So help me God, if protons get a last minute Mulligan from APM I will go straight MROGA with my non-anonymous Twitter account on anyone from any place with a proton vault.

Reactions: 2 users
Am I wrong - I thought protons had been exempted from the start?

You heard it here first. Protons will be exempted. After that exemption is firmly in hand, find Steve Hahn as the newly appointed proton center medical director somewhere.
A lot of lobbyists are pushing really, REALLY hard to carve out last-minute APM exceptions (Protons, MR linacs, BgRT linacs).
I knew a potential jig was up when I saw, sticking out like a complete sore thumb, CPT code 77021 included in the list of APM "RT services."