This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patrick Bateman's Brother

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recommend: To Think and Grow Rich, TED Talk Daily podcasts, and Fearless (Biography of Adam Brown)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you do well on the MCAT (510+), you'll be in a position to apply to low-tier MDs.

You'd probably get into at least one osteopathic program with your current stats if you applied broadly... but you really should just study for your next MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Volunteering: As far as at a hospital, none. After I retake the MCAT, I'll get in as much as possible for a month.

Was told by a couple professors my coaching time/shadowing would be sufficient in that area. MCAT being the biggest worry.

Clinical exp: Felt I could push pharm tech and my PT time in that direction. Obviously, a bit of a stretch and not like an EMT or scribe.

I'm cool with DO. Neomed would be the only MD I'd apply to if I had to.

Bro I'd consider just applying super broadly to the new DO schools as soon as the app opens. You'll get in somewhere and retaking the MCAT would suck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Volunteering:

Clinical exp: Felt I could push pharm tech and my PT time in that direction. Obviously, a bit of a stretch and not like an EMT or scribe.
All your PT stuff counts as clinical experience, don't short change yourself. You could spin it toward PM&R if you're worried about sounding focused on PT instead of MD/DO.

Reactions: 1 user
Lots of "buts." Study for the MCAT maybe lol. I don't think you got a good shot RN at an established DO school with a 499 but idk.

Lots of "buts." Study for the MCAT maybe lol. I don't think you got a good shot RN at an established DO school with a 499 but idk.

With that GPA he'll be fine. I've seen people get into state DOs with worse. It's a little low but if he applies broadly (skip the Touros, Midwesterns, and any state schools that aren't his own) I bet he'll be okay.

With that GPA he'll be fine. I've seen people get into state DOs with worse. It's a little low but if he applies broadly (skip the Touros, Midwesterns, and any state schools that aren't his own) I bet he'll be okay.
Even with a 499? I would think he would be scraping by. Maybe you're right though idk.

<Shoves OP into oven preheated to 350 deg F, bastes every 30 mins for ~ 8 hrs or until internal temp reaches 165 deg F>

I'm realistically aiming at OU and LECOM considering "competitive" MCAT scores for them are around 500.

The problem being do I submit in early July or apply towards late July with the 2nd MCAT score?

If you do well on the MCAT (510+), you'll be in a position to apply to low-tier MDs.

You'd probably get into at least one osteopathic program with your current stats if you applied broadly... but you really should just study for your next MCAT.
Yes. Study the MCAT.