Roast my School List!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You golden. I recommend all on your list, except Brown. They favor their own. Also delete U MA, U MI, UCSF, and OSU.
Consider adding Sinai, U Miami, BU, Hofstra, Emory, Vandy, Pitt, Mayo

To hedge your bets, consider WashU OR U Chicago OR U Penn OR NYU

Also, Harvard OR Yale OR JHU OR Stanford

Stanford

Reach: Sinai, Michigan, Northwestern, Case Western, UCSF, Duke, Columbia, Cornell, U Chicago, Yale

MidRange: Keck, Pitt, Brown, UMass, Jefferson, Dartmouth (heard mixed things but mostly how expensive it is), Rochester, OSU, Einstein

Safety: My two state schools, Wisconsin, MC Wisconsin,

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for taking the time!

Ok got it I'll remove Brown! I think I have a few of the ones you've mentioned adding (Sinai and Pitt) but I'll take a closer look at Hofstra, BU, and Vandy. I can't believe I forgot to put Mayo on my list and I'll definitely add it.

If I wanted to keep one of those states four states schools you advocated cutting is there one you would see as preferable between MI and UCSF. I have family ties to both areas so I'm a little hesitant to cut both.

Thanks!

Kudos! The fact that you're thinking about this and pre-writing so early before the application opens tells me you should aim high! You have a strong application and get to do this only once. From experience, better to not regret omitting schools later if you have the means.

Add any and all of the top 25 you want. I agree with the additions Goro lists but would write "AND" instead of "OR." You have a legitimate shot at both Michigan and UCSF so I'd keep them, and also keep Brown if you like it...they just have a very low interview rate of ~3%. But that Brown favors its own students in the regular admissions process any more than other schools favor their own is a patent falsehood that's irresponsibly perpetuated by 1-2 advisers here based on dated information. Times and practices change, and advice should with it. (Disclaimer: I am a Northwestern med student who also got into Brown a couple years ago, and have a younger sibling and a couple of friends-none of whom went to Brown for undergrad-who are there now and can confirm the diverse undergrad representation among those who applied through the regular admissions route, which is precisely how you (OP) and the rest of the WAMC posters are applying). My school gets some flak for this as well, as we too have a direct admissions route coupled with a medium class size, but we also preserve diversity in pedigree. Just trying to help halt the spread of slanderous and incorrect/old information that was once but is no longer true!

Best of luck to you, OP!

Reactions: 1 user