ROL certified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss Alyssa

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I certified my rank list :eek:

I decided to put something in. I'm still debating a couple programs in my head. We'll see how many times I change it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I haven't changed my list but I'm really thinking about it. I've thought a lot about swaping my #4 and 5 and then my #8 and 9. This is tough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not list them here and hear other peoples advice?

My current #4
-in the city my Fiance is from and loves, same city as his family and 1 hour from mine
-In one of the top 3 cities for my fiance's industry
-Good fellowship match from what I can remember. I emailed the program coordinator about information on where graduates go and what fellowships they enter, but I never received a reply (it's not on their website)
-I really enjoyed talking to the residents the night before
-I remember leaving the interview really happy and excited about the program
-Has 3 fellowships, but that includes the 2 that I'm interested in right now
-Dedicated ultrasound rotation
-I don't remember about their robotics. Either they don't have it, or if they have it residents get to use them. ?
-No car needed :)

My current #5
-in a city my fiance is not fond of, about 5-6 hours from our families
-In one of the top 3 cities for my fiance's industry
-I really enjoyed talking to the residents the night before
-I didn't enjoy my interview day too much, I felt they didn't even try to sell their program, and one of the attending interviewers rubbed me the wrong way. It felt like it might be a little too elitist and snooty for me. I left feeling confused because I was expecting to like it more than I did. I spoke to the president of my school about it and he said that's the culture of the school/hospital.
-Poor ultrasound training? Seemed like a lot of the ultrasounds were done by radiology, not ob/gyn or even MFM.
-They have davinci, but residents don't get to use them. I'm not necessarily looking for a program with Davini. I just found it weird that they have it but the residents don't get training.
-Seemed flexible with rotations and electives in that if you want to focus on a certain skill you can. So I guess I could do more ultrasound if I asked for it?
-Excellent opportunities for fellowships and research
-more prestigious
-I feel like if I went here I could go any where easily
-Has all of the fellowship offerings
-I would still need my car :(

Current number 4. Clearly number 54 is not your nor your fiances top choice.