ROLs 2006!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
beary said:
I thought you knew the one that hated me. That was why I was so confused. Guess I have been so filled with hate for the beary haters that I am losing my mind. :oops:

All beary haters should be taken out and exterminated! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I chickened out and added 2 programs. If forced to choose between a program I don't want in a location I don't want (via the scramble) and being in a program I don't want without moving my entire life, I will take the latter. I guess. :thumbdown:

To all those yet to certify and those who making last minute changes, vaya con dios and may the force be with you. :love: See y'all tomorrow at 9 pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though I have "certified ROL" in bright green letters staring at me on the NRMP website, why do I have this irrational fear that there is still something else I need to do? The deadline is fast approaching and this is a good thing.

hey guys:

I prob shd have had this cleared up earlier than today but does anyone know how the program is at NYU.....the work load, structure, teaching and people.....I wd appreciate any comments as it will help me decide where to place NYU vs Wash U (Wash U prob wins clearly purely as a program, but I also have a preference for NYC).....I am wondering how better a program Wash U is vs NYU in NYC.....thanx!

Why am I so nervous? Anybody else out there checking their ROL multiple times today just to make absolutely sure you entered the right program and that is says ROL certified? It seems so trivial to me that this is how we enter our choices. It seems like it would be so easy to accidently click the wrong button. AHHHHHH! at least after today I won't be able to worry about it anymore! Good luck to everyone.

Two questions...

Are programs' rank lists due today also?

Are we posting the lists in code like last year, or just straight up posting them?

Yes, programs are also due to get their lists in today. For your other question, it would probably be most fair to get an answer from those who're participating in the match ;-)

And best of luck to all, btw.

star23 said:
Anybody else out there checking their ROL multiple times today just to make absolutely sure you entered the right program and that is says ROL certified?

No, I'm pretty sure I entered them correctly the first time. But, you've got me thinking I should double check- thanks a lot.

Gene_ said:
No, I'm pretty sure I entered them correctly the first time. But, you've got me thinking I should double check- thanks a lot.

Same here, I had to go re-check too. I edited/recertified my list five times. Can anyone beat that? :laugh:

star23 said:
Why am I so nervous? Anybody else out there checking their ROL multiple times today just to make absolutely sure you entered the right program and that is says ROL certified?

I have been doing this too. I just checked again and am not checking anymore. Really. I mean it. :oops:

I think we should just straight up post our lists! I am going to. I think deschutes was the only one who posted in code last year.

Just post your lists. No one is going to figure out who you are or anything - just remember when you were visiting these forums in previous years and you all wanted to know who ranked what - time to give back! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all and best wishes on the match in a few weeks. I'm finishing up a month of hellish inpatient medicine and going on to Emed next month (another torture?). I guess I'll be the first one to post the rankings since I gotta put my little one to bed shortly.
1. JHU
2. Brigham
3. UCLA
4. MGH
5. Emory
6. Upenn
7. BIDMC
8. Duke
9. UCSF
10. UTSW
11. Stanford
12. UVa

I can't wait, here it is:
1) UVA
2) Michigan
3) Indiana
4) Utah
5) UTSW
6) Nebraska
7) Iowa
unranked - Wash U

Congrats everybody!! Wish you the best! :luck:

Interestingly, a lot of people on interviews tell me they are trying to decide between UVA and Michigan...I didn't interview at UVA so I can't really compare them.

Alright, I'll go next, I have some hellish TV watching to do tonight.

1. UVA
2. UVM
3. Iowa
4. Indiana
5. Wisconsin
6. Michigan
7. Ohio State
8. Northwestern-Evanston Hospital
9. Nebraska
10. Penrose
11. UMinn
12. Colorado

1. Cornell
2. Columbia
3. Penn
4. U Chicago
5. Stanford
6. UCSF
7. BWH
8. MGH
9. UCLA
10. UCSD

(unranked - Mt. Sinai)

eek!

Post up people!

1. Texas A&M
2. UTSW
3. UNM
4. UTHSCSA
5. Methodist Houston
6. Baylor Houston
7. Wash U
unranked- UT Houston

yaah said:
Interestingly, a lot of people on interviews tell me they are trying to decide between UVA and Michigan...I didn't interview at UVA so I can't really compare them.

I agonized long and hard about which one to put #1. Ultimately I would be very happy to end up at either place!

1. Iowa
2. UVa
3. U of Washington
4. Yale
5. Stanford
6. Emory
7. UCLA
8. Mayo - not bad, just not a good fit for me at all

I was so torn between Iowa and Virginia - if I get either one I'll be SO happy. UW would also rock. At least it's now out of my hands...

Awww yeah. I'm seeing lots of love for UVA.. I'll continue the theme:

1. UVA
2. JHU
3. UNC
4. Duke
5. B&W
6. MGH
7. VCU

Good luck everyone!!

yaah said:
Just post your lists. No one is going to figure out who you are or anything - just remember when you were visiting these forums in previous years and you all wanted to know who ranked what - time to give back! ;)

yaah is right, time to give back! An IMG's ROL -

U Chicago
UTSW
NYU
Methodist Houston
UT Houston
Case Western Reserve
UMass
U Colorado
U South Florida
UMDNJ
Hartford
Med Col Georgia

I had a long day in the ICU and then went out to dinner...but I was dying to see everyone's lists!!! Here is mine:

#1 Stanford :love:
#2 UCSF
#3 UC Davis

Don't post much, but I feel guilty reading others' lists and not posting mine so here it is:

1. UVM
2. UNM
3. UVa
4. Iowa
5. U of Wisc
6. Utah
7. MUSC
8. Colorado

(did not rank Emory or OSU)

Good luck to all!!!

I have been lurking until now, but here is my list:

1. Wake Forest
2. MUSC
3. UVA/MCV
4. East Carolina
5. UT Knoxville
6. MCG
7. ETSU
8. Emory (great program but don't like Atlanta)
9. UFL
10. EVMS (program sucks but still probably better than scramble)

beary said:
I know! I was gone for an hour and expected 20 pages to this thread.

Post!

I know...where are the regulars -- ChipLeader, DrPlum, CameronFrye???? Don't be shy!!! ;)

I like seeing everyone's list so it's only fair to show mine. It feels awkward but here we go!
1.MGH
2.BIDMC
3.Yale
4.NYU
5.cornell
6.einstein/montifore
7.Mt.Sinai

Hey y'all! Sorry to do this late- I was at a ROL certification celebration last night. Here we go:

1- mayo
2- UVA
3- Cleveland Clinic
4- Vanderbilt
5- Dartmouth
6- U of MI
7- Yale
8- Iowa
9- Wash U
10- Beaumont (safety)
11- Wayne (safety)
Ohio- unranked

I know it seems strange, but it was the result of intense negotiation w/ my fiancee.

Why no love for mayo? I (obviously) loved it there. Pretty art everywhere! I noticed that not a lot of people ranked it last year ... Is there something I should know?

I'll join the posting fest and give it some Southern flare.....

1. Vanderbilt- overworked resident myth grossly misreported
2. Emory- loved it. Awesome program if you can deal with Atlanta
3. UAB- some of the nicest facilities I saw, tons of surgicals and very strong on the CP side
4. MUSC- The people there are just so darn nice I couldn't rank them lower than this
5. MCV- Again, the people were nice. Seemed like a solid program.
6. Florida-Gainesville- Medium sized program in college town.
7. UTSW- Didn't care for Dallas much.
8. Cleveland Clinic- Tons of surgicals, which may be good or bad depending on your take. Cleveland is colder than a mother..
9. Iowa- Great program, nice residents and faculty. Only downside for me was that it was in Iowa

Just saw a mistake in my earlier post - For #3 I meant to say VCU/MCV, not UVA.

Ok, here goes - hopefully I won't put the jinx on myself by posting my list :( . Good luck everyone. The wait is on - match day is just three excrutiating weeks away :laugh:. I had a change of heart and left one program that I interviewed at unranked...

1. U Washington
2. Duke
3. UCSF
4. Hopkins
5. Stanford
6. UCLA
7. BWH
8. U Utah
9. U Colorado
10. UTSW
11. UNC

bio-psy said:
Just saw a mistake in my earlier post - For #3 I meant to say VCU/MCV, not UVA.

I was wondering about that!

although my list doesn't compare to any of your lists, here it is, the list of a proud and match-hopeful IMG:

St. Joseph's Hosp.,Phoenix, AZ (nice, small, VERY nice people, and I love Phx)
Univ. of Arkansas, Little Rock
Med Coll Augusta, GA
Emory (Atlanta sucks!, living here since 2 years)
UMN

Hartford NOT ranked....
wish me luck!

miko2005 said:
I know...where are the regulars -- ChipLeader, DrPlum, CameronFrye???? Don't be shy!!! ;)

Dude! I'm a "regular"! Yes! I've been waiting for that one. :)

Well, here is my list. I pretty much knew I loved my top 2 right off on interview day, although they are all strong programs. Like most of you, I have to give props to UVa also, they are a fantastic program. Duke was just the best fit for me.

1. Duke
2. UVa
3. Hopkins
4. Brigham
5. Mayo
6. UNC
7. Emory
8. UAB

Its fun to see everyone's list. You guys all interviewed at some "top tier" (like that yaah? :) ) programs... I'm impressed. I don't think anyone here could go wrong with anywhere on their list.

1. Univ of Florida - Shands
2. UNM
3. Med Coll of Wisconsin
4. Iowa
5. Evanston
6. Northwestern
7.Nebraska
8. Emory

Interviewed but didn't rank: St Joes in Phoenix, Vanderbilt, Creighton, OHSU - Portland

Invited for Interview but Declined to interview: Penrose, Hershey, UVA, UCLA, UW, Rush, MUSC

BamaAlum said:
I'll join the posting fest and give it some Southern flare.....

1. Vanderbilt- overworked resident myth grossly misreported

I totally agree. Vanderbilt path residents are definitely not overworked!!! I love Vanderbilt, just wish it was located in San Francisco.

miko2005 said:
I totally agree. Vanderbilt path residents are definitely not overworked!!! I love Vanderbilt, just wish it was located in San Francisco.

I really loved Vandy. I wanted to rank them as no. 2, but my fiancee didn't want to live in Nashville :(

JaneDough said:
I really loved Vandy. I wanted to rank them as no. 2, but my fiancee didn't want to live in Nashville :(

I know!!! My husband just had to get a job in San Francisco (signed a contract before I even applied). Its not his fault since he is in academics and doesn't have much choice of where he can go but this location left me with 2 super competitive schools and another program I didn't particularly like. :rolleyes: . I love Vandy but I just can't do the long distance marriage :oops: .

miko2005 said:

I cancelled my interview at Vanderbilt, just because it was getting so late in the season and I was sick of interviewing. I had already bought my plane ticket and everything! That was a very dumb thing to do. :(

1a. UVA
1b. Michigan
1c. Hopkins
1d. BWH

Very tough decision. All four of these programs were my top choice at different times and I changed my mind a few times a day.

1. Mt. Sinai- GIGANTIC volume, big name, residents literally walk into any fellowship they want (including derm!!!)
2. Columbia- Great for research, laid back environment, nice facilities
3. MGH- Big volume, big name, similar to #1 but not in NYC
4. Cleveland Clinic- Big volume, great job placement, terrible winters
5. Hopkins- Nice volume, good reputation, Baltimore sucks (sorry!!)
6. Yale- OK volume, OK residents, I'd be OK if I matched there

That's it!!!!!

beary said:
Wow, I think we have a whole first year class at UVA on here already! :D

Looks that way :thumbup: