ROLs 2006!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many spots are there at UVA? I think me, Aubrey, CameronFrye, and Kibosh sounds like a lovely little group. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a little surprised no one else who's posted their list so far has even ranked UW. I clearly loved it. What's the matter - you all afraid of a little rain or what? Anyway too small a sample but good news for ChipLeader me hopes. ;)

beary said:
How many spots are there at UVA? I think me, Aubrey, CameronFrye, and Kibosh sounds like a lovely little group. :cool:

Damn, I am glad I am not up against the likes of ya'll for a UVA spot this year! Especially Beary...I wouldn't stand a chance in hell against her. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
ChipLeader said:
I'm a little surprised no one else who's posted their list so far has even ranked UW. I clearly loved it. What's the matter - you all afraid of a little rain or what? Anyway too small a sample but good news for ChipLeader me hopes. ;)

I guess you missed my list - I ranked UW #3. It was first for a very long time but ultimately I decided the program structure wasn't ideal for me (2 yrs AP, 2 yrs CP). Otherwise, I loved the city and would still be happy if I matched there.

Prairie said:
I guess you missed my list - I ranked UW #3. It was first for a very long time but ultimately I decided the program structure wasn't ideal for me (2 yrs AP, 2 yrs CP). Otherwise, I loved the city and would still be happy if I matched there.

Woops...Yeah that slipped by me Prairie...The structure was initially a concern for me too but I'll probably end up doing a surg path fellowship when I finish, thereby re-learning the AP that I'll no doubt forget during the CP years.

beary said:

Word on the street is that UVA will take 5 this year.. we shall see. I think an all-SDN contingent would rock!

This is really UVA's year on SDN. Here we go. Good luck to everyone

1. UVA--they are taking 5
2. Emory
3. UNC
4. Duke
5. Vermont -- was really impressed by this program
6. MUSC
7. MCV
8. Maryland
9. Brown

Declined offer by NIH -- though very enticing

declined interviews at Colorado and GW

Where are all the Bostonians? Well, all the better chance for me, I guess!

1. BIDMC
2. MGH
3. BWH
4. BU
5. Tufts
6. UMass

ChipLeader said:
Damn, I am glad I am not up against the likes of ya'll for a UVA spot this year! Especially Beary...I wouldn't stand a chance in hell against her. :eek:

Haha. :laugh: I think you would do just fine. :thumbup:

Though it does look like UVA is going to be pretty competitive! :scared:

kaw said:
This is really UVA's year on SDN. Here we go. Good luck to everyone

1. UVA--they are taking 5

UVA is now closed. :) The first year class:
Aubrey
beary
CameronFrye
kaw
Kibosh
:clap: :thumbup:
SDNers are the best anyway. ;)

Has everyone posted their list? Is it just Tappat and me trying to do boston? :hardy:

This can't be everybody. Come on... let's see the rest of you, all you lurkers.

drPLUM said:

Per the "Who's applying for path this year?" thread:

AnnaLee
Aubrey :thumbup:
AznDragon
BamaAlum :thumbup:
beary :thumbup:
Brian Pavlovitz :hardy:
JaneDough [Buttercupp] :thumbup:
CameronFrye :thumbup:
Dr. Nick Riviera :thumbup:
drPLUM :thumbup:
elkchaser
Emaline
emu kid
Gran_Turismo
HappyPanda
kaw :thumbup:
Matt4_4
Mosche???*
Mr. Plow
papaya
pathman2006
quant
srlacy
Stinger86
Supersheep
sweet_n_sour
Tidal :thumbup:

So we're still missing a few... sorry if I missed anyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
drPLUM said:

Inspired by this message. Here's another IMG's list. Good luck everyone :thumbup: .

1. U maryland
2. UTSW
3. Baylor Houston
4. Methodist Houston
5. UPMC
6. UTMB
7. NYU
8. Northwestern
9. OSU
10. Drexel

1. Cleveland Clinic
2. Wash U
3. U Chicago
4. Mt. Sinai (not in the midwest)
5. BWH (not in the midwest)
6. Michigan
7. Columbia (not in the midwest)
8. Case Western
9. OSU
10. Pitt

Not ranked: Cincinnati and Northwestern

jseokhan said:
Inspired by this message. Here's another IMG's list. Good luck everyone :thumbup: .

1. U maryland
2. UTSW
3. Baylor Houston
4. Methodist Houston
5. UPMC
6. UTMB
7. NYU
8. Northwestern
9. OSU
10. Drexel

It's mainly based on location, so here goes:

1. UTSW
2. Baylor-Dallas
3. Baylor-Houston
4. UT-Houston
5. Emory
6. Iowa
7. Wash U.
8. SLU
9. Oklahoma
10. KU
11. U of Missouri-Columbia
12. Methodist-Houston

beary said:
Wow Aubrey, nice work putting the list together! :)

Now that I've done my bit, I delegate the task of updating to everyone else. :p

Gosh, I'm beginning to think that I should have applied to UVA!

OK, this lurker is going to post:

1. Penn
2. Hopkins
3. Emory
4. UCSF
5. UCLA
6. UAB
7. U of Utah
8. Stanford

ChipLeader said:

Hey ChipLeader,

I think UW is an awesome program. I applied and did get an interview but decided not to interview due to reasons I listed in my posts above. I also figured that if I have to reapply next year (if I don't get in this year), it would look better if I didn't interview than if I did interview and didn't rank them. I think if it wasn't for my husband, I would definitely have been ranking UW at top of my list. From what I hear, its a great program (and yes yaah, its "top-tier :) ) with great research opportunities. The 2 year AP +2 year CP doesn't bother me since my #1 program has the same thing.

Also, I am not seeing much love for other west coast programs, but that's okay with me ;) !! Last year it seemed like lots of people ranked UCSF first and this year its all about UVA.

drPLUM said:

1. OHSU
2. UNM
3. U of Utah

That's it.

this year's posting season is light and kind of disappointing. maybe path is taking a dip in popularity after a few years of increases.

Thanks to those who did post and good luck. I hope you all go to your #1.

tsj said:
this year's posting season is light and kind of disappointing. maybe path is taking a dip in popularity after a few years of increases.

That is not backed up by everyone's impressions that applications are continuing to get more competitive. So, nice try. More likely it is a combination of a few factors - first and foremost being that many people are afraid to post their rank lists (rather silly, but whatever). The SDN community represents but a fraction of the national population - which is why we see an aberrancy this year with a number of people who really liked UVA, whereas last year that was not really the case.

1 Iowa
2 Northwestern Evanston
3 UVM
4 Michigan
5 Dartmouth
6 Med Coll Wisconsin
7 Minnesota
8 U Mass
9 Baystate
10 U Chicago
11 Mayo
12 U of Illinois

unranked: Loyola

(husband's list)

tsj said:

Unfortunately for us applicants I really don't think this is the case - my guess is that applications are up again this year in both number and quality...

i'm another lurker. here's my list for straight CP. any other straight CP's out there?

(1) MGH
(2) Brigham & Women's
(3) Emory
(4) Wash U
(5) Vanderbilt
(6) UAB
(7) Duke

i'm another lurker. any other straight CP's out there? here's my list for straight CP:

(1) MGH
(2) Brigham & Women's
(3) Emory
(4) Wash U
(5) Vanderbilt
(6) UAB
(7) Duke

I agree. My home program has seen a dramatic increasein the past two years in not only the quantity of applicants but in the quality as well.

ChipLeader said:
Unfortunately for us applicants I really don't think this is the case - my guess is that applications are up again this year in both number and quality...

:idea: Sorry for the late post.
1, Mt Sinai, NY
2, Baystate, MA
3, Metro, OH
4, KUMed, KS
5, NYU, NY
6, UWisc, WI

sorry for the late post.
1, Mt Sinai, NY
2, Baystate, MA
3, Metro, OH
4, KUMC, KS
5, NYU, NY
6, UWisc, WI

sorry for the late post.
1, Mt Sinai, NY
2, Baystate, MA
3, Metro, OH
4, KUMC, KS
5, NYU, NY
6, UWisc, WI

tsj said:

*sigh* I was hoping for a better turnout myself. Oh well...the 2005 match folks still own! ;)

Seriously though, I wish you all the best of luck. Hopefully all of you match at your top choice.

:) I've got to admit everywhere I went to interview they were telling me how many app's they had recieved.
Here is my tiny but proud list:
1)Orlando Regional
2)Case Western (UHHS)
3)Danbury
4)Case Western (Metro)
5)Hartford
6)Alleghany General
Good Luck everybody!

Here's mine, FWIW...

1) Mayo
2) JHH
3) Yale
4) UTSW
5) Penn
6) UW
7) BWH
8) BIDMC
9) Oregon HSU
10) Wash U
11) Stanford
12) Brown

Had a hard time deciding 1 and 2, but really I'd be happy with any of these 12, so I guess I was splitting hairs.... Good luck everyone.

Just got back from out of town, and better late than never!

1. Stanford
2. UC Davis
3. UCSF
4. UC San Diego
5. UCLA
6. Cedars-Sinai
7. OHSU
8. Hawaii

Good luck everyone, hours away now!

I matched!!!!!! I am soooo excited!!!!!!! Okay, I am sorry, I know I sound obnoxious but I just can't help it.

Boo-yah! (or should it be boo-yaah?)

Congratulation !!!!!!!!! Me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Good luck to every one.

miko2005 said:
I matched!!!!!! I am soooo excited!!!!!!! Okay, I am sorry, I know I sound obnoxious but I just can't help it.

congrats everyone!!! :clap: :hardy:
I matched too! I feel such a relief since I liked all of my ranked programs. Now it's just a matter of where.

miko2005 said:

Congratulations! I matched, too! I'm so glad I matched, because, like you, I listed everywhere that I could possibly go right now, so the scramble wouldn't have done any good anyway.

I matched as well! Now for the excruciatingly long 72 hours to find out where.

Congratulations Pathology folks,

Celebrations all around!!!!!!!....... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wish you all the best

Regards
Quant

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Matched!

Still Can't Believe It.....

Excited To Find Out Where On Thursday!

Congratulations To All Of You!

Matched! Yee haw! Is it Thursday yet?

I matched also... and it is a good feeling. 45 unfilled spots nationwide - I'd say the competitiveness is creeping up.

By the way, I've heard of 5 people who have already confirmed that they matched with UVA. Apparently they have contacted everyone who matched with them already. :laugh:

drPLUM said:
I matched also... and it is a good feeling. 45 unfilled spots nationwide - I'd say the competitiveness is creeping up.

By the way, I've heard of 5 people who have already confirmed that they matched with UVA. Apparently they have contacted everyone who matched with them already. :laugh:

Well if you didn't get called by UVA maybe that means you got Duke...any SDNers have their UVA wishes come true?

drPLUM said:

Please tell me this is a joke. I'm serious.

I haven't heard anything from anybody.

beary said:
Please tell me this is a joke. I'm serious.

I haven't heard anything from anybody.

Programs don't know yet who filled their spots -- they find out names the day before applicants do. So don't worry! :luck: