Rosalind Franklin Acceptances.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone else find it weird that they expect you to call them and find out if your accepted? i interviewed there last week and they told me to call tues or wednesday next week...i thought i misheard them so i called yesterday and asked and they said you can start calling next tuesday the 13th or wednesday the 14th since they will be done reviewing all interviewees up to that point and will offer first round of acceptances...

really hoping to get my first acceptance...they say they interview 500-600 a year and take 350...odds are definitely favorable and while i think i performed well at interviews you still never know in this game....

but with this phonecall policy, i think they are putting themselves in a position to get bombarded with calls...

Members don't see this ad.

i think thats better. i called to find out i had an invite. i still haven't gotten anything in the mail and they apparently sent it out 20 days ago today.

edit: i'm pretty sure they interview AND accept more people than that. but i could be wrong.
-mota

DaMota said:
i think thats better. i called to find out i had an invite. i still haven't gotten anything in the mail and they apparently sent it out 20 days ago today.

edit: i'm pretty sure they interview AND accept more people than that. but i could be wrong.
-mota

i was thinking they would int more people than they said based on how many apps they get....but then again i think usually only 7 people go each interview day and i believe they interview 3, maybe 4 days a week...so lets say about 20-25 a week...80-100 a month...interview 6 months oct to may but they skip december...so the #s add up...

i also got my interview thru phone...got letter and stuff in mail about a week later....

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there on 11/15, do you think I could call today (12/8) and find out? Did they tell you to wait as you interviewed later?

I too would LOVE my first acceptance, maybe I could freaking RELAX a notch!

Mota - still no interview packet for you? I am sure they all say the same thing....except the interview dates are probably different....if you would like I would be willing to scan mine...let me know. Good luck to ya! ;)

Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING (acceptance/rejection) post-interview from RFUMS????

TimmyTheWonderD said:
Mota - still no interview packet for you? I am sure they all say the same thing....except the interview dates are probably different....if you would like I would be willing to scan mine...let me know. Good luck to ya! ;)

its all good i already scheduled my interview. its just the fact that the mail never got here makes me seriously question the efficacy of the postal workers around here.
-mota

I know i'm complete at all my schools, but after hearing your story, Mota, I guess it's a good idea to check up on interview status, hmm.

willow18 said:
I know i'm complete at all my schools, but after hearing your story, Mota, I guess it's a good idea to check up on interview status, hmm.

mota -when you were calling to find out your status, did you already know you were in the possible interview pool? and if so, what did you ask them when you called?

thanks!

I interviewed on 11-16 and they told me that the adcom is meeting tomorrow (12-9) and that applicants can call next Monday (12-12) in the afternoon to check their status. Good luck to all.

jzelones said:
I interviewed on 11-16 and they told me that the adcom is meeting tomorrow (12-9) and that applicants can call next Monday (12-12) in the afternoon to check their status. Good luck to all.

ok, so i interviewed 12.01, can i also check or is this earlier interviewers only??

jtank said:
ok, so i interviewed 12.01, can i also check or is this earlier interviewers only??

I would maybe check a couple days after 12-12 because RFU adcom will be receiving numerous phone calls.

i interviewed there this week and they said that we were the last ones (all interviewees this week) to be considered in their adcom meeting on monday - we should find out sometime in the latter half of next week

cubs08 said:
i interviewed there this week and they said that we were the last ones (all interviewees this week) to be considered in their adcom meeting on monday - we should find out sometime in the latter half of next week

yes, i confirm this statement by saying that i called today and was told the adcom has not met yet, they meet next week, call tues or weds to find out :(

OMG! i am DYING here, people! will i ever be a doctor???????? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you guys have already applied to Rosalind Franklin...I'm going to apply in June and just wondered what kind of students actually get accepted.. Yeah I have the MSAR, but I wanted to hear someone about personal experiences?

did anyone call today? if so, what were you told?

i called this morning...lady said tomorrow...but i remembered a guy saying call afternoon of 12th so i called at 2:30 and asked for victor..they said he was in admissions meeting till 3...call after 3...

just called a min ago and a diff lady said final results will be out tomorrow afternoon..and victor is still gone...anyone else have any luck?

jon0013 said:
anyone else have any luck?

You have had an impressive # of interviews...and I see two waitlists.... any acceptances yet? I am going crazy, as RF has been my only interview! :eek:

Originally, they said call on 12/12, but then I heard 12/9, so when I called on 12/9 they said call 12/13 or 12/14...I am GOING NUTS!

I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning.... tonight is going to be like Christmas eve when you are a kid...you want to go to sleep right away so the morning comes faster, but you cannot sleep because you are too wound up!

Anyone else counting the minutes until tomorrow?

nope...no acceptances yet....hoping RF will accept me and give me an early xmas gift...why dont you give them a call now...perhaps victor will have list finalized..

jon0013 said:
nope...no acceptances yet....hoping RF will accept me and give me an early xmas gift...why dont you give them a call now...perhaps victor will have list finalized..

you think so? i don't want to be a pain in their booty, and to tell you the truth i am SCARED :scared:

hahaha...well when i called id idnt give them my name or anything....they prob recognize my voice so im gonna chill for today unless someone else hears something then i'll call em...

victor is THE man. i never settle for talking to anybody else than him when i call. he really is the only person that has any clue what is going on at any one time. i hope that helps. ask to speak to victor, even if they need to put you on hold for 10 minutes.
-mota

i agree w/everyone on victor, hes the dude that told me about the cancelled interview earlier that day so i was able to schedule my interview much earlier than i could before.

I called today (I have no idea who I talked to) and was told that they need the dean to do something, it wasn't all that clear, but that we should be able to call in on Wednesday. So have they made the decisions or not and if so why not just tell us? I am sick of waiting.

wildcatbio06 said:
I.....was told..........we should be able to call in on Wednesday

WEDNESDAY?

is it Wed, is it Tues?

SO CONFUSING! and nerve wracking! and painful! and frustrating! i could go on, but i won't!

I called RFU today and they told me to call later this week. Originally they told me to call today (12-12) in the afternoon to find out my status. When will they get their act together?

jzelones said:
I called RFU today and they told me to call later this week. Originally they told me to call today (12-12) in the afternoon to find out my status. When will they get their act together?

they told me tomorrow afternoon...Tuesday 12/13....twice...so i'm bankin on that because the adcom met today and they only meet once a month...maybe they needed the dean to verify list or something so there are no "screwups" like "congrats you got accepted" and 2 days later "sorry we messed up, your still on hold"

im definitely calling tomorrow, good luck to everyone.

jtank said:
im definitely calling tomorrow

ME TOO! I hope they have extra staff to field all of these calls...I always feel bad for the admissions office staff, like what kind of hell must it be to work at Loyola on Thursdays? I have real admiration for those people! To be able to deal with the phones like that and still be in a chipper mood (even if it's faking, for feigning happiness is just as hard as genuinely remaining chipper under those circumstances in my book)!

Anyhow....
The VERY BEST of LUCK to everyone waiting to hear tomorrow.... POST AS SOON AS YOU KNOW!

And, GOOD LUCK
00000041.gif
and KEEP THE FAITH ALIVE for those waiting for their interview!
00000003.gif

Let us all be one, giant happy class!
00000046.gif

And, when we finally meet everyone in person, it will be fun to see who's who with regards to their alter SDN ego! I think it is funny that I will probably be known as Timmy my entire med school career (no matter where I get in).

You guys are a good bunch of folks...I hope we all meet soon at orientation ;)

CHEERS!!!!

just called...not accepted yet :mad:

they took 50 people out of 160 who interviewed...anticipate taking 60-80 Feb 12-13....

i guess they're starting out conservative.....because out of the 600-700 they int, they accept 450 which makes that a 60% acceptance ratio...

right now this first round was like 30%....

so if they interrview 500 more people to make 660 for this class, add the 110 who int first rond and didnt get i thats 610 competig for roughly 400 spots....

guess i still gotta study for finals :thumbdown:

i just called and got the good news! good luck to everyone

ILLmatic said:
i just called and got the good news! good luck to everyone

ME TOO!

I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

anyone else????

jon0013 said:
just called...not accepted yet :mad:

they took 50 people out of 160 who interviewed...anticipate taking 60-80 Feb 12-13....

i guess they're starting out conservative.....because out of the 600-700 they int, they accept 450 which makes that a 60% acceptance ratio...

right now this first round was like 30%....

so if they interrview 500 more people to make 660 for this class, add the 110 who int first rond and didnt get i thats 610 competig for roughly 400 spots....

guess i still gotta study for finals :thumbdown:

sorry to hear that!

and, that acceptance ratio...did you figure in the students in advanced or applied physiology (can't remember what it is called exactly)? they take 1 year of a masters program at the school and if they keep a certain GPA they get into M1 automatically....a lot of their acceptances are these students.

keep the hope alive, you have had many, many interviews! :luck:

TimmyTheWonderD said:
ME TOO!

I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

anyone else????

I'm accepted too! :D :D

Congratulations everyone!!! (Victor is really nice by the way... I think he gets exicted too, when he's able to tell us we got in.)

IDforMe said:
I'm accepted too! :D :D

Congratulations everyone!!! (Victor is really nice by the way... I think he gets exicted too, when he's able to tell us we got in.)

YEAAA!!!!!!!!!
congrats!!!!!!
the class is growing!!!!!!

victor....i always get this very quiet and shy woman on the phone whom i can barely hear.

TimmyTheWonderD said:
YEAAA!!!!!!!!!
congrats!!!!!!
the class is growing!!!!!!

victor....i always get this very quiet and shy woman on the phone whom i can barely hear.

Congrats again, Timmy! You deserve it! :clap: :clap: :hardy:

i didn't get in either... :(

i was told the next round is in january.

thinmints said:
i didn't get in either... :(

i was told the next round is in january.

ya i wasn't selected either the first round. congrats to every1 who got in thus far tho!! and gluck to the rest of us!

Just got the ACCEPTANCE news myself !! Lots of Love to RFU !!!

Congrats to everyone else who got in !!

Good Luck to those waiting for the next round, Keep the faith ! It'll Happen !

bad news for me too :(
but he said that they accepted half of what they did last yr at this time, so i will have to wait until january.

congrats to everyone accepted :)

CONGRATS to you all!!!!! looking forward to being your classmate next year!! :D
and fwiw there are about 98 people left in our class....last years ap class had 67 go on to become m1a's.

Hey everyone!
I called this morning too and good news...i got in!!!
I'm so happy! I don't know when the next round of acceptances will be...but if by that time I get into one of my top choices, that will definitely free up a spot for those of you who are die hard RFUMS people. Good luck to everyone else! :)

I know I already posted earlier about not getting accepted... but i'm so SAD!!

For the past three hours I can only think about what I've done wrong. :(

thinmints said:
I know I already posted earlier about not getting accepted... but i'm so SAD!!

For the past three hours I can only think about what I've done wrong. :(

hey dont worry so much, theres still a lot of time left before the class becomes full, maybe we will receive good news in january.

jtank said:
hey dont worry so much, theres still a lot of time left before the class becomes full, maybe we will receive good news in january.

been pretty pissed since 10 when i called....i was under the wrong impression that they accept like 60% of interviewers right off the bat...i guess it takes 400+ acceptances to fill up class of 185 bc others will pull out for various reasons...

shoulda planned for the worst and hoped for the best.....

JTANK,
i coulda sworn victor said the next round is around feb 13th.....did you hear differently?

jon0013 said:
been pretty pissed since 10 when i called....i was under the wrong impression that they accept like 60% of interviewers right off the bat...i guess it takes 400+ acceptances to fill up class of 185 bc others will pull out for various reasons...

shoulda planned for the worst and hoped for the best.....

JTANK,
i coulda sworn victor said the next round is around feb 13th.....did you hear differently?

yes i did, i dont know if it was victor that i was talking to, but he said that the next meeting is in january, and next round of acceptances in late january.

jtank said:
yes i did, i dont know if it was victor that i was talking to, but he said that the next meeting is in january, and next round of acceptances in late january.

ohh ok badass...i guess i prob misheard since i was pretty disappointed already....

so whats the deal with this Masters program with the certain gpa...how many of the 185 go to these students?

jon0013 said:
so whats the deal with this Masters program with the certain gpa...how many of the 185 go to these students?

we are not part of the 185 they accept but rather we are in addition to the 185 they accept.

Since most, if not all, of you posting here have gone and interviewed at RFUMS, I was just curious to know what you all liked best about this school....(on the day I interviewed we had little interaction with any students other than our tour guides.)

mommy2three said:
we are not part of the 185 they accept but rather we are in addition to the 185 they accept.

ohh wow...i just saw ur previous post in this thread....i guess yall are halfway through...how many usually make it out of that program?

jon0013 said:
ohh ok badass...i guess i prob misheard since i was pretty disappointed already....

the GPA is 3.0, so I have heard, and this is what one current student told me about the APP....but, I guess you have to do this during your undergrad years....

"The Applied Physiology program is essentially a master's program for students, but those who perform above a certain GPA level are almost guaranteed a spot in the first year medical school class the following year. The "AP" students take several classes with the medical students. I think there are about 40-50 former "AP's" in each medical school class. Some students try to make a big deal out of this, but other than the fact that a lot of students are involved in the program, it doesn't have much impact (positive or negative) on medical students."