Rosalind Franklin Acceptances.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TimmyTheWonderD said:
ME TOO!

I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

anyone else????
Congrats Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

JulioFly said:
Since most, if not all, of you posting here have gone and interviewed at RFUMS, I was just curious to know what you all liked best about this school....(on the day I interviewed we had little interaction with any students other than our tour guides.)

I did not wait to interact with students until interview day...I used those email addresses they sent with the interview invite and I grilled current students on the school, the faculty and their student body. I sent an email to all 45 of them on the list and 65% responded and all had nearly the exact same thing to say - they love the school, they hate the area, they love their student body and they love their faculty! That speaks volumes. The faculty and office staff were always very nice every interaction I had with them and both people who interviewed me were great! I would love to have classes with them! In addition, I was made aware of all sorts of wonderful plans the university has in the works during my second interview and it sounds like a good place to be.

I would have to say that my only negative feeling was from my tour guide and her friends who were less than enthused to be at med school, let alone at med school in North Chicago, but there are going to be people like that everywhere.

gdbaby said:
Congrats Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!

thanks gdbaby!
how did creighton go? when do you get to hear something?

even if Iowa was not your top choice, don't you feel a lot more relaxed just knowing that if all else fails you are going to be a doctor and no one can take that away now?! :D

OH! and hey, how's your weather? surely you have built some impressive snow creatures by now! have you seen my pathetic attempt? :laugh: chicago snow may be copious at times, but it is hardly ever good packing snow.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok this is kinda random, but did anyone here interview w/the pharmacology professor? she had green hair and a british (??) accent.

hey,

i just heard the good news from them...im so excited. anyway, i wanna congratulate everybody that got in and for the people on hold, don't lose hope, there are a lot of spots left.

apparently i interviewed too late - last week - no decision. have to wait til next meeting...

jtank said:
ok this is kinda random, but did anyone here interview w/the pharmacology professor? she had green hair and a british (??) accent.

Green hair??? Awesome!

...nope, didn't interview with her.

jon0013 said:
ohh wow...i just saw ur previous post in this thread....i guess yall are halfway through...how many usually make it out of that program?

yes we are just taking our second term midterms this week then we are of until january :)
for the past several years they have taken about 70 people give or take from the ap class.

and fwiw for those of you waiting i literally got my acceptance three days before orientation began. so never give up hope!!!

i am glad to answer any questions any of you might have :)
and for those of you in warmer climates it is about 20 degrees here now and we are expecting about 6 inches of snow tonight (to add to the about 8 inches already on the ground!)

has anyone else heard anything?

No one else heard anything?

For those of you that did call, did you get your letter in the mail yet?

labelwhore said:
hey,

i just heard the good news from them...im so excited. anyway, i wanna congratulate everybody that got in and for the people on hold, don't lose hope, there are a lot of spots left.

Congrats!
Has anyone else heard anything?

For those of you that did call, did you get your letter in the mail yet?

Just bumping this really...nothing new to add.

I am pretty upset I didn't get accepted to RFU this last cut but apparently this year they are going to waitlist more people. Hopefully this means a lot of people will be pulled off the waitlist, because it doesn't make sense to me that they would usually accept 60-65% of the people who interview and this year they are in the 25-30% range.

The other thing I'm thinking is that quite a few of the people accepted by RFU will go elsewhere, thereby opening up slots for us waitlisted people?

What do you guys think?

Merry Christmas, by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who got in and best of luck to everyone who is still in limbo, hang in there!! If yall decide to come here, Ill see ya next year as an M2! :thumbup:

Oh yeah, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask/PM me. Ill be getting really busy this next month, but ill try to reply to everyone when i get the chance. Good luck to all!

i called on the 13th and recieved by letter a few days ago

JulioFly said:
i called on the 13th and recieved by letter a few days ago

so, since it says "insert school here" are you accepted there or rejected?

mommy2three said:
we are not part of the 185 they accept but rather we are in addition to the 185 they accept.

Good to hear that b/c I was getting freaking pissed at these kids (taking my possible spot and all). Okay, so I haven't even received an interview invite yet, but I am on the "selective applicant pool." We all gotta start somewhere.

I'm not a big fan of this calling & getting the news deal. I need a little space so I can express my rage/frustration/depression, without worrying about what someone else thinks of my reaction. Eh, I guess if I get to that point, and I get a rejection, I'll just say thanks bye really quick...

Jwax said:
I'm not a big fan of this calling & getting the news deal. I need a little space so I can express my rage/frustration/depression, without worrying about what someone else thinks of my reaction. Eh, I guess if I get to that point, and I get a rejection, I'll just say thanks bye really quick...

If that's the case, you might consider waiting a few extra days to receive the letter. You don't *have* to call--I think RFU is just trying to be nice by offering this option, in case people can't wait the extra week for the official acceptance letters. I think the letters were postmarked 12/16. Of course, if you don't hear anything after a reasonable time period, you might want to call to see if your letter got lost in the mail, or if you're being put "on hold" until the next batch (I'm not sure if people who weren't accepted or rejected got letters or not).

Good luck :luck: , and congrats to everyone who got acceptances!!!! :thumbup:

Congrats to all who got accepted.

I just got an interview invitation myself. Jan 27th ( well thas what I chose) the rest of the dates didnt work for me. I hope interviewing this late is not a bad thing.

hey guys
one of my friends is about to turn in her secondary. i know it's kindda late but she needs help with one of the essays.
what is the essay on fostering growth of life in discovery about? what did you guys write about that and be specific pls

temmie said:
hey guys
one of my friends is about to turn in her secondary. i know it's kindda late but she needs help with one of the essays.
what is the essay on fostering growth of life in discovery about? what did you guys write about that and be specific pls
I foster life. To this end it is my goal to impregnate as many women as possible.
"Be specific pls"? I can't believe you want us to write "your friend's" essay.

temmie said:
hey guys

That essay was the worst of all the schools I applied to! I wont go into details, b/c your friend has to find the best way to answer it herself... I think that is really what they are looking for with this Life in Discovery prompt-- how a student can sell themselves to the school.
Honestly, its not that I don't love learning. For heavens sakes, if I didn't find a ton of subjects interesting it wouldn't have taken me 24 years to decide to go into medicine. I really hate writing this kind of essay though. It makes me feel like I'm a cheap sell out. Maybe I have some anger at writing a politically correct essay on a subject that seems to be so obvious, but the way they worded it made me feel :barf:y.
Sorry about that rant. :oops:
Seriously, though, my best advice to your friend would be to think about what that statement "A Life in Discovery" means to them and how they live a life in discovery every day. It worked fine for me... I eventually managed to come up with something that didn't seem like a sickly sweet "I ponder all aspects of my existance every second of my life" sales pitch.
I hope that helps a little, at least. Once again sorry about the rant. Just reliving writing that thing is a bit tramatic. Best of luck to your friend!

IDforMe said:
That essay was the worst of all the schools I applied to!

I do agree that looking at that prompt does make one growl a little....and to be honest I was not exactly sure where they wanted us to go with that, but in the end I really think that is the best essay that I spit out! I thought it was the only one (other than my personal statement for AMCAS) that really revealed who I was and how I got to where I am today! Thanks to this essay I got an interview and an acceptance!

Sounds like you did just fine with yours too!
Have you heard from any other schools yet? Are you shooting for CMS or is there another school that you are holding out for?
I certainly do like CMS but I would have to sell my house in the long run if CMS is it.

I was complete at CMS on 12/12 and on 1/6 got an email saying that I was "a potential interview candidate". Does everyone get this email before they get the invite in snail mail? Also, do you think I have shot at invite/acceptance? My stats: VR10 PS10 BS9, AMCAS GPA: 3.6, BCPM: 3.42, pretty good LOR's, working in (and still doing) clinical trials for big pharma in cardiovascular diseases. THANKS!

cubguy83 said:
I was complete at CMS on 12/12 and on 1/6 got an email saying that I was "a potential interview candidate". Does everyone get this email before they get the invite in snail mail? Also, do you think I have shot at invite/acceptance? My stats: VR10 PS10 BS9, AMCAS GPA: 3.6, BCPM: 3.42, pretty good LOR's, working in (and still doing) clinical trials for big pharma in cardiovascular diseases. THANKS!

first you get a "possible interview pool" email....then they will pick you out of the pool for an interview or for rejection! if you do get an interview the invite comes via snail mail. mine came like 7 days or so after the email. your stats seem fine - i got in and my stats are VR10 PS8 BS11 R with AMCAS GPA: 3.83 and BCPM: 3.79 i have not done ANY research but i work in a critical care unit. so, i am sure you will get some good news! keep the hope alive! have you interviewed elsewhere?

To all those who interviewed at CMS do yall know what the selecton process is? What happens after interview - do they give you a score for interview or what. Or is it rank order list? The people who interview you, are they members of the adcom? Is their admission rolling or on certain dates? Anyone know?

Thanks

Orth2006 said:
To all those who interviewed at CMS do yall know what the selecton process is? What happens after interview - do they give you a score for interview or what. Or is it rank order list? The people who interview you, are they members of the adcom? Is their admission rolling or on certain dates? Anyone know?

Thanks

I got accepted to CMS in December and I believe they give you a score after they interview you. Not sure if people who interview you are members of the adcom but they sure have an impact on whether you get accepted or not. I think the adcom meets on certain dates and then decides who to accept. Hope this helps.

TimmyTheWonderD said:
first you get a "possible interview pool" email....then they will pick you out of the pool for an interview or for rejection! if you do get an interview the invite comes via snail mail. mine came like 7 days or so after the email. your stats seem fine - i got in and my stats are VR10 PS8 BS11 R with AMCAS GPA: 3.83 and BCPM: 3.79 i have not done ANY research but i work in a critical care unit. so, i am sure you will get some good news! keep the hope alive! have you interviewed elsewhere?

i have an interview scheduled at one school so far. wish me luck!

i was pretty bummed out when i didnt get an acceptance in december, heres hoping for january acceptances! anyone else desperately waiting for their first acceptance still besides me?

jtank said:
i was pretty bummed out when i didnt get an acceptance in december, heres hoping for january acceptances! anyone else desperately waiting for their first acceptance still besides me?

I am totally with you, jtank. I interviewed and loved the school and was pretty upset to not get in with the first round of acceptances. I am really hoping I make it this cut...Do you know when the next meeting is??

Good luck to you!

I interviewed on 1/18 and Stephanie(woman in the admissions office) told our group that the admissions committee had NOT met for the month of January yet to give out acceptances. She said she couldn't tell us when they were meeting for sure, but usually near the end of the month -so next week maybe?

Anyone have any more info? Muchas gracias ahead of time!

so, the committee meets once a months to decide on the interviewees' fates? is that how it works? i'm interviewing at rfu next week. so, if that's the case, i guess i'll prob get reviewed in february. after waiting 3 whole months for drexel's response, i can handle any wait now. ha.

I was told in September that I'm in the "preferred applicant pool" but haven't heard anything else from RFUMS....should I call them and ask? What prompted those of you who did call to do it? I've been waitlisted one place and have another interview coming up, so I'd love to have another interview to increase my chances....plus, this is the only out-of-state school I've heard from, and I really want to go out of state.....help please :cool:

So I called them this morning, and they said that they hadn't invited me for an interview yet, but that they will be sending out more interview invites next week. And that they still have about 300 or so interviews to go and will be interviewing until mid-March, for which they will probably send out the last invites late February. I got some guy who I could barely hear...maybe Victor? He knew his stuff and was really helpful whoever he is.... :cool:

peach921 said:
So I called them this morning, and they said that they hadn't invited me for an interview yet, but that they will be sending out more interview invites next week. And that they still have about 300 or so interviews to go and will be interviewing until mid-March, for which they will probably send out the last invites late February. I got some guy who I could barely hear...maybe Victor? He knew his stuff and was really helpful whoever he is.... :cool:
Thanks for the info! There's hope yet :luck:

hey y'all
a question for those interviewing at CMS this week...
what's the update? any word on when the ADCOM is meeting again to make decisions? details details please. if anyone had any information to pass along that'd be super.
cheers! :thumbup:

last i heard it was at the end of january, and if that holds true, we should be able to call in next wk.

so, who has been accepted to RFU so far?

jzelones
idforme
JulioFly
labelwhore
illmatic
mebound786
timmythewonderd

who else?
has anyone been "waitlisted"?

klause said:
hey y'all
a question for those interviewing at CMS this week...
what's the update? any word on when the ADCOM is meeting again to make decisions? details details please. if anyone had any information to pass along that'd be super.
cheers! :thumbup:

as of jan 25th, they haven't had their january meeting yet. so obviously they will meet by tuesday (jan 31st).

I just spoke with someone there today, Katherine, I believe. She told me that this year they will be interviewing THROUGH MAY! So she said the last invites will be around mid April. I am also in that poss. interview pool.

swimncsc said:
I interviewed on 1/18 and Stephanie(woman in the admissions office) told our group that the admissions committee had NOT met for the month of January yet to give out acceptances. She said she couldn't tell us when they were meeting for sure, but usually near the end of the month -so next week maybe?

Anyone have any more info? Muchas gracias ahead of time!

Hey swimncsc, I interviewed on the same day as you!

hey all, i just interview the other day. as of this week, they hadn't yet gone over the january applicants, but they will be doing that very soon. it sounds like they changed their policies a bit - we were told by stephanie lee that we would no longer be able to call for our status and would have to wait for a mailed response instead. she also said she couldn't tell us the date of their meeting. so, sounds like maybe they got swamped with phone calls last time. in any case, sounds like they are just about to meet. so, keep your fingers crossed! best of luck.