You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
abcdog.lover!
New Member
hi! For the letter of recommendation, I saw they prefer a letter from a medical professional, but I have already three good LORs from professors who showcase more who I am. I do have a letter from a doctor I shadowed but it is average. Should I submit one from the doctor or keep the original 3? How are y'all choosing which letters to submit?
I guess you can. I submitted my secondary on 07/09 and went in today to see if there is any news, and i saw that i could change things. So I panicked...But i guess thats how the app is.Is it letting anyone else edit their secondary essays? Mine gives me the option to type/erase and hit update and I'm worried I did it wrong. This might be slightly neurotic but aren't we all at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Essay: “I like patients, and want to be a doctor.”150 words is genuinely diabolical. Even my most empathetic, heartfelt essays read psychopathic without 60% of the context
secondary_struggler21
Full Member
For prompt 6, there is no word limit on my application. Should I still keep it below 150?
+1 OOS Received 7/2, submitted/complete 7/10
secondary_struggler21
Full Member
C
I contacted the admissions office, and they recommended the DEI prompt be 150 words or less.For prompt 6, there is no word limit on my application. Should I still keep it below 150?
I got a "file complete" email on July 22nd. Does anyone have any idea when II started coming out compared to other years?
chillguy00
New Member
mate why are you telling us on the 15th of august about your file complete that you got on july 22nd 😭I got a "file complete" email on July 22nd. Does anyone have any idea when II started coming out compared to other years?
not_houseMD
Full Member
Does file complete mean they accepted all your transcripts? Or were those all already uploaded?I got a "file complete" email on July 22nd. Does anyone have any idea when II started coming out compared to other years?
not_houseMD
Full Member
Yeah, despite his name, doesn't sound like a very chill guy to me LOLApparently I’m not allowed to speak according to @chillguy00
if you have fee assistance the fee is waivedWhere do we pay? I submitted my application, but it didn't prompt me to pay :/
strawberrypoppyseed
Full Member
i had a section at the bottom of my responses where i had to input credit card info, it didn't lead me to another payment screen like other schools haveWhere do we pay? I submitted my application, but it didn't prompt me to pay :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have fee assistance. It says received, so I'm not gonna complain about it lolif you have fee assistance the fee is waived
I'd say email incase they are like "you didn't pay"I don't have fee assistance. It says received, so I'm not gonna complain about it lol
Bdhwbdensns
New Member
My friend never got the secondary. Do they screen?
I don’t think so? They should call the school to confirm they received his app and check his spam or junkMy friend never got the secondary. Do they screen?
adcomflatterer123
New Member
IS II, LM 70, Received around 2 pm cst, first one!! Submitted 7/14
arirowe
Full Member
When did you submit?+ 1 IS II
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
adresearchgal
Full Member
So the interview is just MMI stations? Like only ethical scenarios?
iwanttobedoctorpls
Full Member
^ i know it is a standard MMI but what does that mean? common ethical questions or medical ethical scenarios?So the interview is just MMI stations? Like only ethical scenarios?
adresearchgal
Full Member
Wondering the same….^ i know it is a standard MMI but what does that mean? common ethical questions or medical ethical scenarios?
Wondering the same….
I have had 2 MMIs so far and both schools were different. I would suggest reading the MMI book by Dr. Desai. It gives really good advice on each school that does MMI and how to approach the most common questions^ i know it is a standard MMI but what does that mean? common ethical questions or medical ethical scenarios?
peepeepoopoopookie
Full Member
OOS II, submitted 7/4. Do any previous students or anyone who's had their interview already have any tips on how the interview is formatted/run? I know its MMI but I've heard that it's also group? How does that work?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not_houseMD
Full Member
I am not a previous student and I have not interviewed here yet. I'm not sureOOS II, submitted 7/4. Do any previous students or anyone who's had their interview already have any tips on how the interview is formatted/run? I know its MMI but I've heard that it's also group? How does that work?
adresearchgal
Full Member
Also interested to knowOOS II, submitted 7/4. Do any previous students or anyone who's had their interview already have any tips on how the interview is formatted/run? I know its MMI but I've heard that it's also group? How does that work?
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
OOS II +1!
not_houseMD
Full Member
When did you submit? LM?OOS II +1!
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
Secondary received 7/02, submitted 7/07 LM 69
When did you submit? LM?
organicchemtutee
Full Member
do they send out rejection/update emails?
glubglubmeow
Full Member
also wondering this!!do they send out rejection/update emails?
organicchemtutee
Full Member
I would say yesIs it too late to apply here? I am considering adding them as another school
do they send out rejection/update emails?
They should have sent you an email telling you when your file was marked complete and went under review. Other than that, previous years threads showed that they really ramped up sending out interview invites in October.also wondering this!!
Some people last year submitted early August and didn't receive application complete emails till mid November. However on admit.org there were people who submitted November that got interviewed and accepted. So submit their secondary if you think you are a good mission fit. You miss all the shots you don't take!is it worth submitting my secondary this week?
Hey everyone, sorry for the long message but I thought I would ask this forum before contacting admissions. So, I am a reapplicant and last year I got an email that said my application file is complete but before that I had one that was saying I had missing materials which I think were my LORs even though I had submitted them with my primary. Anyways, this year, I can look back on my old portal from the last cycle and in the app checklist there are 3 things: secondary application, MCAT score, and Letters of Recommendation. However, for this cycle I am only seeing secondary application and MCAT score so I was wondering what I need to do and if that is what is delaying me from getting the email about being complete even though my checklist is complete. Hopefully some of this made sense.
arirowe
Full Member
Hey! I also only see 2 things in the portal - mcat and supplemental, but I received the completed email a while ago. So maybe you should reach out to them? Best of luck🙏🏽Hey everyone, sorry for the long message but I thought I would ask this forum before contacting admissions. So, I am a reapplicant and last year I got an email that said my application file is complete but before that I had one that was saying I had missing materials which I think were my LORs even though I had submitted them with my primary. Anyways, this year, I can look back on my old portal from the last cycle and in the app checklist there are 3 things: secondary application, MCAT score, and Letters of Recommendation. However, for this cycle I am only seeing secondary application and MCAT score so I was wondering what I need to do and if that is what is delaying me from getting the email about being complete even though my checklist is complete. Hopefully some of this made sense.
iwanttobedoctorpls
Full Member
did anyone elses interview time change from 8am ct to 8:45?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
Mine says 8:45 check in.did anyone elses interview time change from 8am ct to 8:45?
So wait does everyones only have "supplemental application" and "MCAT" or do people have a LOR section in their portal?
iwanttobedoctorpls
Full Member
same but when i scheduled my interview i got a confirmation email for 8amMine says 8:45 check in.
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
Mine as well, but if you log in to the portal and click on the check list "sign up for your interview" it takes you to the dates and times. It shows 8:45 am there as well. Maybe they pushed the time. I plan to be ready early just in case. We got this!same but when i scheduled my interview i got a confirmation email for 8am
iwanttobedoctorpls
Full Member
okay will do the same. eeee good luck possible future classmate!!!Mine as well, but if you log in to the portal and click on the check list "sign up for your interview" it takes you to the dates and times. It shows 8:45 am there as well. Maybe they pushed the time. I plan to be ready early just in case. We got this!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K