Rosalind Franklin University-AP program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supastar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I wanted to post some info about the RFU AP program. I was in it for the 2004-2005 session and didnt get through. Not because I didnt work hard or didint study, I think its mostly because a lack of support from the faculty. Ap students are treated like 2nd class citizens its kinda like heres a bunch of courses ans see if u can keep up with the med students . And theres really not much counselling or help, I missed an A by 0.5 and the school didnt want to give me that 0.5 which would have kept me in the program. They seem to be ready to take your cash but not willing to help. Also there are some professors who are pricks like for ex in the MCB course who just dont give a ****. This year they changed the program around so u start with MCB, Physio and embryo not to mention your AP courses. This made it harder because the 1st few months ur trying to adjust to the new environment and find your method of studying and your suddenly overloaded with all this material right away and having it count for so much, makes it even more difficult. I dont think this program is really there to help you be a doctor again its more like heres these courses and see what you can do and if your lucky u will get through. I'm not trying to sound bitter its just that the program is not what it seems. It tries to come off as being all that when its not. There are a couple ppl on the thread who seem to have done the program a some years ago and are constantly praising it not telling its pitfalls. They almost sound as if they work for the school. Also don't pay for your semesters in advance ie. when you 1st register because the univ has a policy of not refunding any advance payment. The program for the 2004-2005 session started out with about 98 students. When my friends called in 2 weeks ago they were first told by someone at the registrars office that the number is down to 60 and another friend was redirected to rhe AP program office and told that that number was false and that it was down to 75. It seems that they don't know whats going on or trying to cover up the actual number. I have also noticed that the AP secretary I think her name is Karen is often very rude when u bring up matters about how many people actually got in and why they didnt make it or about any flaws in the program. She almost becomes stand offish.Again the point of this post is for those ppl who are applying to be aware ,dont take anything as face value especially not from the former students or the faculty cuz the wont really help you. Ask questions cuz in the end if u dont make it you have just lost 50G and RFU will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I post this in defense of AP. First off, I think APs are treated well. Of course they aren't going to baby you through the whole program but all the resources that Med students have, so do APs. If you need educational help, there's the Educational Affairs office that well help you. I think GU SMP is the same, you just have to look for help. Nobody is going to take the test for you! As far as missing the grade of A by 0.5, Im sorry to hear that. However, if you needed the A, then that means you probably got a C in another class and needed to make it up..... so its your own fault. Also, the school year isnt even over yet and they dont kick ppl out. You still have over 14 units left to finish. The only way it would be a hopeless cause is if you have over 14 units in Cs in other courses, meaning you probably had like 3 Cs somewhere..... again, for everyone elses knowledge, a poor performance. I dont mean to put you down, but I dont think you should go blaming the school. Yes, they look at your grades, so its all up to you. For all you future APs, dont take the program lightly. Yes, straight B might get you in, but why take the risk and just aim for 80%. As far as how many are left now in your program, thats doesnt really matter between 75 or 60, whatev.... We started with 100 in our class and ended with 55 getting in. So, the numbers are right and the percentage is still 55% getting into RFUMS not to mention other students getting in somewhere else. Its the same with GU too. Their rate is composed of 25% that get into their school and the rest get into other schools or programs like DO school. However, I guess at every school, there are going to be ppl who like it and those that dont so.....

Supastar said:
Hey everyone
I wanted to post some info about the RFU AP program. I was in it for the 2004-2005 session and didnt get through. Not because I didnt work hard or didint study, I think its mostly because a lack of support from the faculty. Ap students are treated like 2nd class citizens its kinda like heres a bunch of courses ans see if u can keep up with the med students . And theres really not much counselling or help, I missed an A by 0.5 and the school didnt want to give me that 0.5 which would have kept me in the program. They seem to be ready to take your cash but not willing to help. Also there are some professors who are pricks like for ex in the MCB course who just dont give a ****. This year they changed the program around so u start with MCB, Physio and embryo not to mention your AP courses. This made it harder because the 1st few months ur trying to adjust to the new environment and find your method of studying and your suddenly overloaded with all this material right away and having it count for so much, makes it even more difficult. I dont think this program is really there to help you be a doctor again its more like heres these courses and see what you can do and if your lucky u will get through. I'm not trying to sound bitter its just that the program is not what it seems. It tries to come off as being all that when its not. There are a couple ppl on the thread who seem to have done the program a some years ago and are constantly praising it not telling its pitfalls. They almost sound as if they work for the school. Also don't pay for your semesters in advance ie. when you 1st register because the univ has a policy of not refunding any advance payment. The program for the 2004-2005 session started out with about 98 students. When my friends called in 2 weeks ago they were first told by someone at the registrars office that the number is down to 60 and another friend was redirected to rhe AP program office and told that that number was false and that it was down to 75. It seems that they don't know whats going on or trying to cover up the actual number. I have also noticed that the AP secretary I think her name is Karen is often very rude when u bring up matters about how many people actually got in and why they didnt make it or about any flaws in the program. She almost becomes stand offish.Again the point of this post is for those ppl who are applying to be aware ,dont take anything as face value especially not from the former students or the faculty cuz the wont really help you. Ask questions cuz in the end if u dont make it you have just lost 50G and RFU will be laughing all the way to the bank.

First, I understand why you are mad. Many of the people who dont get in are pissed. I mean 50K is a lot to drop. I will agree they dont hold your hand. You need to be self directed but at the same time they offer some lectures on how to manage your time and how to utilize various studying techniques. I didnt use any of these and i made it. When I did it there were 85 who started and about 60-65 who got into CMS and all but 5-10 stayed at CMS. The others went to other MD programs. Im sorry you feel the way you do about CMS.

I can say that in my year some people were within 0.5 points in their AP classes and one of the professors (whose name I wont mention) gave the student the beenfit of the doubt. On the other hand someone was like 0.3 pts short in their MD class (combined class) and they didnt give them the grade because it would be unfair to the class. I think this is fair. Its not like they dont list the exact grade you need, or they dont let you challenge questions.

My conclusion is this, the AP class isnt a tutoring session. It is an opportunity to show people you can compete with MD students. If you can they let you in. If you cant then.......

Finally, I am sorry you didnt make it in but for the majority of people in the program they make it and therefore are thankful for the opportunity.

Members don't see this ad :)
TheKoman said:
I thought I post this in defense of AP. First off, I think APs are treated well. Of course they aren't going to baby you through the whole program but all the resources that Med students have, so do APs. If you need educational help, there's the Educational Affairs office that well help you. I think GU SMP is the same, you just have to look for help. Nobody is going to take the test for you! As far as missing the grade of A by 0.5, Im sorry to hear that. However, if you needed the A, then that means you probably got a C in another class and needed to make it up..... so its your own fault. Also, the school year isnt even over yet and they dont kick ppl out. You still have over 14 units left to finish. The only way it would be a hopeless cause is if you have over 14 units in Cs in other courses, meaning you probably had like 3 Cs somewhere..... again, for everyone elses knowledge, a poor performance. I dont mean to put you down, but I dont think you should go blaming the school. Yes, they look at your grades, so its all up to you. For all you future APs, dont take the program lightly. Yes, straight B might get you in, but why take the risk and just aim for 80%. As far as how many are left now in your program, thats doesnt really matter between 75 or 60, whatev.... We started with 100 in our class and ended with 55 getting in. So, the numbers are right and the percentage is still 55% getting into RFUMS not to mention other students getting in somewhere else. Its the same with GU too. Their rate is composed of 25% that get into their school and the rest get into other schools or programs like DO school. However, I guess at every school, there are going to be ppl who like it and those that dont so.....

1st of all Im not trying to bad mouth the school. I want people to know the other side of the coin. It seems that you and ectopic are always praising how wonderful the program is without mentioning its draw backs. And it isnt my fault ar your are soooooo quick to blame. I did go the the educational affairs when I thought I needed some help and they really werent that helpful. And I know they dont kick ppl out but what they do is they let know in a counselling session that your probably are on your way home and that you should start packing. You also failed to let the readers of this thread know that last june some memebers of the board of directors for RFU were being investigagted by the FBI , the article appeared on the chicago sun times.Also is weird how the school is always changing its stats on how many ppl actually made it. One person will say last year we had 85 and 63 got in, and the reason why the others didnt get in was because they got in somewhere else. Another person from the dept will say that they had 100 students and 55 got in, its as if they dont keep tabs on their stats. I think it best for thr students applying to this program to call in after may 24 when final exams will be finished to see how many people actually made it. Remember they started the 2004-2005 session with 98 students. Also ask multiple people at the school for this info and how many actually didnt make the gpa cut. I find it quite sad that kohman and even ectopic are getting all defensive esp kohman-People are spending good money on ths program and they dont want some sugar coated answer as to why the program is sooooo good. They want the facts. And thats what I'm doing-PROVIDING THE FACTS. Those who are applying to the AP program be smart, investigate, ask questions, and if you feel that they are not willing to answer your questions or are being rude well take your business somewhere else. It doesnt mean that in order to get into a med school one should be passive and shell out money without being informed.

For all the people above, how much time did you guys devote to studying everyday? I've been out of school for a long time and I'm trying to get a sense of what life would be like in post-bacc world.

Supastar said:
1st of all Im not trying to bad mouth the school. I want people to know the other side of the coin. It seems that you and ectopic are always praising how wonderful the program is without mentioning its draw backs. And it isnt my fault ar your are soooooo quick to blame. I did go the the educational affairs when I thought I needed some help and they really werent that helpful. And I know they dont kick ppl out but what they do is they let know in a counselling session that your probably are on your way home and that you should start packing. You also failed to let the readers of this thread know that last june some memebers of the board of directors for RFU were being investigagted by the FBI , the article appeared on the chicago sun times.Also is weird how the school is always changing its stats on how many ppl actually made it. One person will say last year we had 85 and 63 got in, and the reason why the others didnt get in was because they got in somewhere else. Another person from the dept will say that they had 100 students and 55 got in, its as if they dont keep tabs on their stats. I think it best for thr students applying to this program to call in after may 24 when final exams will be finished to see how many people actually made it. Remember they started the 2004-2005 session with 98 students. Also ask multiple people at the school for this info and how many actually didnt make the gpa cut. I find it quite sad that kohman and even ectopic are getting all defensive esp kohman-People are spending good money on ths program and they dont want some sugar coated answer as to why the program is sooooo good. They want the facts. And thats what I'm doing-PROVIDING THE FACTS. Those who are applying to the AP program be smart, investigate, ask questions, and if you feel that they are not willing to answer your questions or are being rude well take your business somewhere else. It doesnt mean that in order to get into a med school one should be passive and shell out money without being informed.

First of all let me say the school is FAR from perfect... let me just reply to some of your statements.

1. People getting investigated by the FBI... This is TOTALLY 100% TRUE. That being said my understanding is that it has nothing to do with the school and as far as I know they arent on the board anymore. The new Chair is Ruth Rothstein who is some big wig lady.

2. Not an assertion but certainly something to consider... Dr Walid Hindo is suing the school. I honestly am not sure what about but I keep getting stuff in my mailbox about it. I think he is asserting that the school is making shady deals with the people doing our construction. While I took a class with Dr Hindo and I think he is both an incredibly smart and honest man I think the underlying reason is Dr Welch, the new school Prez is making the profs more accountable for bringing in NIH money.. and some people like Dr Kim the ex-chair of the Immuno Dept got the boot. I think this is what is underlying the whole issue but nonetheless....It is something to consider..

3. LCME stuff... Well the school is on probation.. I have addressed this ad nauseum, but the reasons are that some depts havent had a permanent chair in years and we havent had a permanent med school dean in yrs. They got Dr Ross to be the med school dean. The other depts are doing their thing as well but I dont know much about them..

4. # of people who got into the MD program from the AP program.. Well truthfully IMO this number is meaningless. I too am a stats geek so i want to know but the way the program is structured it is possible for EVERYONE to get in. Few of the AP classes are curved and the curve for the MD classes is set by them and you just fit right in.

Now since you called me out... I am not being defensive at all. I answer all q's PMed to me without any BS. Truth is I dont give 2 you know whats if people choose to go to the AP program. I am just trying to be helpful.

In conclusion, all I am saying is I had to be in Chicago for personal reasons. the AP program gave me the opportunity to prove myself. Let me say this... if you got into Harvard's MD program or any other US Med school.. dont go to the AP program (thats a little obvious tidbit). But if your choices are limited for whatever reason (mine was personal) its a solid program to show what you got. No hand holding but if you want to work have at it. I mean you ended up there cause your options were limited and you didnt want to be an IMG, podiatrist, DO, or optometrist.

The school isnt the best but it gives you a fair shake and IMO thats all you can ask for.

calbear, I didnt study much but I would recommend at least 1 hour for every hour of class time..I probably studied 15-20 mins per hour of class, but Im lazy and i am a pretty quick learner.

EctopicFetus said:
First of all let me say the school is FAR from perfect... let me just reply to some of your statements.

1. People getting investigated by the FBI... This is TOTALLY 100% TRUE. That being said my understanding is that it has nothing to do with the school and as far as I know they arent on the board anymore. The new Chair is Ruth Rothstein who is some big wig lady.

2. Not an assertion but certainly something to consider... Dr Walid Hindo is suing the school. I honestly am not sure what about but I keep getting stuff in my mailbox about it. I think he is asserting that the school is making shady deals with the people doing our construction. While I took a class with Dr Hindo and I think he is both an incredibly smart and honest man I think the underlying reason is Dr Welch, the new school Prez is making the profs more accountable for bringing in NIH money.. and some people like Dr Kim the ex-chair of the Immuno Dept got the boot. I think this is what is underlying the whole issue but nonetheless....It is something to consider..

3. LCME stuff... Well the school is on probation.. I have addressed this ad nauseum, but the reasons are that some depts havent had a permanent chair in years and we havent had a permanent med school dean in yrs. They got Dr Ross to be the med school dean. The other depts are doing their thing as well but I dont know much about them..

4. # of people who got into the MD program from the AP program.. Well truthfully IMO this number is meaningless. I too am a stats geek so i want to know but the way the program is structured it is possible for EVERYONE to get in. Few of the AP classes are curved and the curve for the MD classes is set by them and you just fit right in.

Now since you called me out... I am not being defensive at all. I answer all q's PMed to me without any BS. Truth is I dont give 2 you know whats if people choose to go to the AP program. I am just trying to be helpful.

In conclusion, all I am saying is I had to be in Chicago for personal reasons. the AP program gave me the opportunity to prove myself. Let me say this... if you got into Harvard's MD program or any other US Med school.. dont go to the AP program (thats a little obvious tidbit). But if your choices are limited for whatever reason (mine was personal) its a solid program to show what you got. No hand holding but if you want to work have at it. I mean you ended up there cause your options were limited and you didnt want to be an IMG, podiatrist, DO, or optometrist.

The school isnt the best but it gives you a fair shake and IMO thats all you can ask for.
Interesting...the probationary status especially. How long has RFU been on probation? I just read on the LCME website that they only have 24 months before the accreditation is revoked...and why do you think the AP to MD percentage is meaningless?

The school has been on probation since Aug or Sept of 2004. Here is a link from school

http://rosalindfranklin.edu/cms/accreditation/index.cfm

I would bet my right arm they make it through. Basically, they are doing everything the LCME wanted from them. In the end this isnt a huge issue but is likely made worse because of the already less than ideal reputation. They are hiring the right people and are having intermittent checks to make sure they are on the right path..

As far as the percentage who make it I dont think it matters because its not like the school says ohh we will only take 50% or something like that. Rather they put you in classes where you arent graded against one another (but rather the MDs) and the AP classes are almost all straight scale. Therefore, it is theoretically possible that EVERY AP get a 4.0. If they all had JUST a 3.0 they would be offered admission. Thats why I dont think it matters.... Now if the whole program were curved that would be a different story...

If you guys have any more Q's PM me... Ill be back to check this as well. :idea:

I hope this helps..

Well, I dont disagree with you totally Supra. Ectopic is right, the school does have problems. The LCME thing is one big one but hopefully after May when we get reviewed again, it will be fine. Temple was on probation before and they got off so hopefully we will too. Im not saying that its for sure but yes, it is something for incoming APs AND MD students to consider.

Also, all that stuff the Ectopic said about one of the old professors sueing the school is true too. I dont know his exact reasons. The rumor going around here is that the New president of the school is putting a lot of pressure on professors to increase grant money. I dont know if any professors were affected as a result (oh Dr. Kim still taught this year as far as I know, and he's a good teacher in my opinion). If professors were canned as a result, ya, I agree thats not such a good thing. HOWEVER, I dont think it affects the students too much, someone else usually teachs us instead. We still have other good teachers here. If you look in BRS Pathology (a board review book), the professors who wrote that book are from Chicago Med and they teach us path too. I'd say about 95% of all medical students in the US use their review book for the boards.

Now going back to AP. Ever school and ever program has its goods and bads. Look at Drexel who's AP students have to learn from remote centers and arent actually sitting with med students. I guess Supra has every right to complain. But I still think getting from AP to MD depends on the person. If you work hard (some who need to work harder than others), you can get in. Of course there are ppl who might work their hardest and still not do well, but not everyone is cut out to be MD material. I think AP is good in respects that it helps you show that you can handle being a doctor. Of course there are ppl who do poorly in the program that probably would be good doctors too, but they are most likely going to have to find some other way to prove themself than their AP stats. It all depends on the person.

Ectopic was smart and didnt need to study much, just like my roommate who's just naturally smart. I needed to study a bit more. Id say that for every hour of class, I read a hour of notes and then on the weekends, review that week of class of notes. However, I could have studied less in the beginning but I didnt want to deal with the risk of making grades up. So my advice to future students is to start off strong and if you do well, you can alwayz slack off and have fun later instead of putting pressure on yourself to have to get the As in the last quarter.

Hope that helps.

P.S. To reply to Ectopic post that responds to this one (edited my post), he probably doesnt agree with me about teachers not affecting the school.(not trying to argue with him) Well, I cant really agree with myself either in that aspect, its so hard to tell. I DO think it affects students, but to what degree and how much, thats hard to say. But I do think regardless, RFU prepares you enough to become a good physician and in the end, thats all that matters to me at least. School politics sucks and there is no way around it so I just deal with it. Hopefully us losing some teachers wont affect the school too much and hopefully we gain other teachers that are just as good. Thats all Im trying to say....

I agree with 90% of what Koman said.. I am not gonna argue his points (that we may disagree on) but rather I would say take his last bit of advice and live by that. So my advice to future students is to start off strong and if you do well, you can alwayz slack off and have fun later instead of putting pressure on yourself to have to get the As in the last quarter. This is the only peice of advice EVERYONE will agree on.

Also to tout the Path class we rock the Path Shelf my class last yr the average score was in the 80th percentile in the country and a ton of people got >95th%.

Also, people can say what they want but our school average is a little bit above the national US allopathic average on Step I. That means there are a bunch of schools below us. CMS students bust their tail. 'Nuff said..

Heres some info to consider for those applying to Rosalind Franklin AP Program
Hey everyone
I wanted to post some info about the RFU AP program. I was in it for the 2004-2005 session and didnt get through. Not because I didnt work hard or didint study, I think its mostly because a lack of support from the faculty. Ap students are treated like 2nd class citizens its kinda like heres a bunch of courses ans see if u can keep up with the med students . And theres really not much counselling or help, I missed an A by 0.5 and the school didnt want to give me that 0.5 which would have kept me in the program. They seem to be ready to take your cash but not willing to help. Also there are some professors who are pricks like for ex in the MCB course who just dont give a ****. This year they changed the program around so u start with MCB, Physio and embryo not to mention your AP courses. This made it harder because the 1st few months ur trying to adjust to the new environment and find your method of studying and your suddenly overloaded with all this material right away and having it count for so much, makes it even more difficult. I dont think this program is really there to help you be a doctor again its more like heres these courses and see what you can do and if your lucky u will get through. I'm not trying to sound bitter its just that the program is not what it seems. It tries to come off as being all that when its not. There are a couple ppl on the thread who seem to have done the program a some years ago and are constantly praising it not telling its pitfalls. They almost sound as if they work for the school. Also don't pay for your semesters in advance ie. when you 1st register because the univ has a policy of not refunding any advance payment. The program for the 2004-2005 session started out with about 98 students. When my friends called in 2 weeks ago they were first told by someone at the registrars office that the number is down to 60 and another friend was redirected to rhe AP program office and told that that number was false and that it was down to 75. It seems that they don't know whats going on or trying to cover up the actual number. I have also noticed that the AP secretary I think her name is Karen is often very rude when u bring up matters about how many people actually got in and why they didnt make it or about any flaws in the program. She almost becomes stand offish.Again the point of this post is for those ppl who are applying to be aware ,dont take anything as face value especially not from the former students or the faculty cuz the wont really help you. Ask questions cuz in the end if u dont make it you have just lost 50G and RFU will be laughing all the way to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Wow, someone was pretty bitter. Supastar, to answer your question in the PM, I did fine in Neuro, it was tough, but I had the flu right before my midterm, did horrible so studied my ass off to pull off a B. Ironically, if the curve is one pt more than it was for the midterm, I can actually get an A in the class. I'm hoping for a big curve, because yes you're right it's down to basically a couple of points, and I know of some students who are anxiously awaiting until Tuesday to see if they made it or not, and I would like to see them here next year.

My background: I had taken a year off to work and apply to med school but didn't get in the first time around. A lot of the classes were new to me and had a hard time adapting as well. I put myself in a rough situation at the beginning of the year. I came the weekend before orientation with nothing but clothes and some school stuff and took the next 4 weeks getting settled and looking for a car. Since I was soo busy getting ready, I didn't make a lot of friends to help me get started (besides..... I didn't want to bother any AP's as I didn't want them to waste their time helping me get settled) and my roommate was an older student who was never around to help. I barely studied the first 4 weeks since I spent the bulk of my time trying to get a car. I also was sleeping on the floor for 6+ weeks before my I had a chance to buy a bed. Yes I did badly on my first midterms (let's just say before curves and challenges I didn't even get a 70%), but I was able to work hard and pull up my grade. I also sought some help from the program director as well, all though he didn't "hold my hand" through the process he gave me some suggestions. I sought help from some older students and used my PAL as a resource. I think it really is up to how hard the person is willing to work. I admit, even after I did poorly, I never studied as much as my classmates who had a 4.0 going into 3rd quarter. I went out, shopped a lot, cooked all time, watched a lot of TV.... basically wasted a lot of time. It bit me back in the ass as I struggled to pull off good grades during finals, but hey I made some bad choices, and just had to accept the consequences. It's not cake, but the resources are out there if you are struggling. I also had a friend who got too many C's early on and decided to drop out as well. Our difference was I think I had more of a drive and went beyond to get help from others.

Also, about professors being jerks, I must have not encountered them. The physio course chair however, IMO he went out of his way to help AP students. I know for a fact that he added pts on to the curve at the end of the course (in winter) due to a confusion in the wording of a question in the Fall final that a student pointed out to him way beyond the challenge deadline. My friend, who was an AP was the one who pointed that out to him. For Genetics, 1 AP was one question away from the A, talked to the prof, and he lowered the A a level from 42 to 41. I know of another who was 1 pt away from a B, talked to the prof, and got the B instead of a C.

About the statistics, I don't know where you are getting your numbers. 1. You must have not been paying attention during orientation as the numbers were listed on the overheads as 77 completed the program, 62 were accepted, andn 58 of those decided to matriculate at CMS. 2. I don't know how many people started out this year, but I know for a fact that 82 students took the Comp Analysis midterm, so I assume there were 82 left at that time. 3. If indeed 98 people started the program, I know that 4 dropped out for reasons other than grades, so that leaves only 12 that potentially gave up due to grades. 82/98 is no where near 50% just yet.

Anyways, to all the other AP's who are considering the program, don't let someone's bad experience sway you one way or the other. Use the info but everybody has a different background and lifestyle. I also applied to Drexel's and Loyola's SMP, got in, and decided RFU was the better for me since the cut off GPA is a lot lower, and I wouldn't be competing with fellow APs for a pre-determined number of spots. I didn't even bother with Georgetown, as I heard they only accept top 20% of the class. I wanted a program that would theoretically accept everybody if they fulfill the criteria. It was stressful to work hard and beat the M1 avg, I would have gone crazy if I had to compete with my fellow APs as well.

Sorry Supastar it didn't work for you. You weren't the only one who had a rough start. I'm sorrry you didn't get the same support, and hopefully prospectives can learn from our experiences.

Supastar said:
Hey everyone

This is For students applying to the AP program at ROsalind Franklin AP Program

I guess the bitterness continues.... Its all good.. Supa I wish you the best of luck in whatever else you are currently doing. I would also advise you to start focusing more on your current situation than trolling these boards with inaccurate information.

Supastar said:
This is For students applying to the AP program at ROsalind Franklin AP Program

Hi,

I just found out i got accepted. But i still have reservations...

For those of you who took the program, When do you find out if you are accepted as a formal medical student after you attain a 3.0 GPA from the program? Did you all plan for the worst case scenario (not getting in with less than 3.0) by applying to other schools during the academic year? although its been posted many times before, i am still not convinced that the school will link a student with a gpa above 3.0.

Do you know of any student that got rejected even though they attained a 3.0 GPA?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Does anyone know when the program starts? Is it in August or September?

bravotwozero said:
Does anyone know when the program starts? Is it in August or September?

It starts August 1 but orientation is July 27. :)

Orientation begins July 27th. First day of lectures is August 1st.