Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was only given one option. On your application, you were given choices on which campus you would accept an offer from.

I interviewed on 02/21. I havent heard yet

Members don't see this ad.

People who got called today----Were you guys offered by both campus choices? or Dr young gave u only one option like Utah

I only put Utah so I was not given a choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/1 @ Utah Campus, Called Dr.Deyoung today , he told that I am on the waitlist I don't know how long I can wait.

hello, has anyone received a package asking for $deposit yet from Roseman?:bang:

Interviewed 3/1 @ Utah Campus, Called Dr.Deyoung today , he told that I am on the waitlist I don't know how long I can wait.

That means people who haven't heard any from him are on the waitlist now?

Congrats to all who got accepted, the call must have been so exciting.... the wait is so stressful, hopefully we hear something soon and its good :xf:

Got the call from Dr. DeYoung this afternoon... accepted to Utah campus and wait listed for Nevada campus.

Interviewed: 3/06

Good luck to all those waiting for the call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Dr. DeYoung this afternoon... accepted to Utah campus and wait listed for Nevada campus.

Interviewed: 3/06

Good luck to all those waiting for the call.

Nevada is already full! ?? :(

Got the call from dr. deyoung this afternoon.i was top 5 waiting list for henderson but I wantrd utah anyway.....still seats in utah!!!

At least you are on the waitlist.. I emailed him and asked for my status...He said I will have to wait until the end of April to find out. I guess I didn't even make it into the waitlist. :(

Hello, I was also interviewed on November 7th,2012. I received call from Dr. DeYoung. So how about yours.

hey i got in Utah, but i need in nevada. Dr. Deyoung said I am in top 10 waiting list in Nevada. So we request him to with ours

Hello, I was also interviewed on November 7th,2012. I received call from Dr. DeYoung. So how about yours.

Wow u waited that long??! dannnnggg!!!
share ur stats with us!
I interviewed on 2/2 n still waiting :(

Congrats to everyone getting accepted!! This is making me more nervous though!! Anyone from the 3/20 interview group heard back yet? Also, I saw some people had emailed Dr. DeYoung to ask about their admissions status...I'm contemplating doing this...but I don't know if it's better just to wait it out. :confused:

Nevada is already full! ?? :(

Nevada is full and goes by wailist, Utah still have some spots available. Deadline for $1000 deposit is 4/16. There may be several spots becoming available then since some people will give up their offer.

:poke:

i got accepted to USC and just gave up my spot at the henderson campus today so good luck to you all! :)

Congrats to everyone getting accepted!! This is making me more nervous though!! Anyone from the 3/20 interview group heard back yet? Also, I saw some people had emailed Dr. DeYoung to ask about their admissions status...I'm contemplating doing this...but I don't know if it's better just to wait it out. :confused:

congratulations to those who got accepted! :)

i also got interviewed on 03/20 but i havent heard anything yet :(
my classmate told me to try and email or call roseman to figure out my status, but since it was just about a week ago, i dont know if I should. I was thinking of waiting for another week or so, but it seems like the spots are filling up.

hopefully we hear something soon.
:scared:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, can you guys please post your stats? Thanks

Hey everyone, I received my acceptance packet via email today (3/28).

I'm going to be giving up my seat at the Nevada campus, so I hope it will open up for those of you who'd rather attend there than Utah!

Best wishes to everyone :thumbup:

I'm going to be giving up my seat at the Nevada campus, so I hope it will open up for those of you who'd rather attend there than Utah!

Thanks for posting this. All the best to you.

I called today and he told me i'm on the waiting list and he will have a better idea of my rank on the waiting list after april 20th,
i interviewed on 2/21
:(

I interviewed on the same day and still waiting...what are your stats if you don't mind me asking shanomi20.

I interviewed on the same day and still waiting...what are your stats if you don't mind me asking shanomi20.

I have my BA from UCLA in History and i did ok on my PCAT. I have a cumulative GPA of around 3.8. Pre Req gpa is about 3.6

Hello Everyone, I am new to this web site. I got admission in Roseman Univesity, for 2012. Anyone in the same batch. Just want to connect with you all. Also, looking for accommodation.

Congrats! What were your stats? I interviewed on 2/21 and still waiting to hear back. :xf:

Thank you!!! My stats weren't high at all. GPA 3.40, PCAT 60th percentile. Since he just responded to me and I interviewed on 2/7, I'm sure you'll hear soon! Good luck!!! :)

People who got called today----Were you guys offered by both campus choices? or Dr young gave u only one option like Utah

I got both options offered. On my application I put that I'd go to either.

Hey amhong, you're going to Western right??

Does anyone know if there are any seats left in either campus and if Dr. DeYoung is still calling and accepting candidates? I'm still anxiously waiting :(

my friend who interviewed end of january got called two days ago for nevada campus. I interviewed 2/21 and i called him yesterday... he said i'm on waiting list and i should call back april 20th and he'll tell my rank on the waiting list

P1, good sir.

Hello Golden Bear, I got admission in Roseman, Nevada. So how tough are the exams. I am really tensed regarding the 90%. How many hours do u guys study daily.? The exams are multiple questions or essay's.?

Hello Golden Bear, I got admission in Roseman, Nevada. So how tough are the exams. I am really tensed regarding the 90%. How many hours do u guys study daily.? The exams are multiple questions or essay's.?

They're multiple choice mostly. Some can be trickier than others but there's relatively few of the "two of the above" or "A and B, A and C..." types of questions. They are not bad if you prepare, and you should put in a few hours a day on average. I say on average because a lot of people, myself included, might not be as inspired to study hard until the 2-3 days before exams. I've found it tougher to get back on routine after holidays/breaks in the schedule for whatever reason, which is something I'd definitely advise students to be wary of.

They're multiple choice mostly. Some can be trickier than others but there's relatively few of the "two of the above" or "A and B, A and C..." types of questions. They are not bad if you prepare, and you should put in a few hours a day on average. I say on average because a lot of people, myself included, might not be as inspired to study hard until the 2-3 days before exams. I've found it tougher to get back on routine after holidays/breaks in the schedule for whatever reason, which is something I'd definitely advise students to be wary of.

Agreed. P1 year isn't to bad. You will see a lot more of the NAPLEX type questions in P2 year though.

A.
B.
C.
D. Two of the above
E. All of the above

Or my new most hated question format...

Which of the following is NOT true

A.
B.
C.
D.
E. All are true

It can get pretty crazy but it's doable. You basically just have to know your stuff really well.

Hi Golden Bear,
Do you guys get a spring break? I am trying to plan my wedding around that time but I am afraid that I will need that time to catch up on some studying. Advice please? Thanks.