2018 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Applying 2014 Cycle, Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! It's been a while... I just received an email from Pharmcas saying my academic updates stuff is complete! Everything verified. How long does it take for Roseman to receive info from Pharmcas? The wait starts now i guess. :p Gudluck to everyone about to go to the interviews and congrats to everyone that was accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! It's been a while... I just received an email from Pharmcas saying my academic updates stuff is complete! Everything verified. How long does it take for Roseman to receive info from Pharmcas? The wait starts now i guess. :p Gudluck to everyone about to go to the interviews and congrats to everyone that was accepted!

My Pharmcas was verified on December 11th and I haven't heard anything yet... :cool:

My Pharmcas was verified on December 11th and I haven't heard anything yet... :cool:
Hmmm i guess we're all waiting then. My situation is a bit complicated. Gudluck and keep us updated!

I just got my PCAT done and my overall percentile score is 36%. My GPA is 4.00 (for now, may go down to 3.95 soon). I am 19 years old, a California resident, and I do not have a bachelor's degree. Also I only have 6/8 of the requirements done at the moment. Will have the rest done by June. Do I have a good shot at Roseman Henderson Campus or should i accept failure?

HI guys!

I'm a P1 at roseman. I meant to get on here earlier to answer any questions people may have but the holidays have been a bit hectic. I know how daunting this process is and I remember how awesome prior Roseman students were to help us out when we were going through this process. If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP. Good Luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I just got my PCAT done and my overall percentile score is 36%. My GPA is 4.00 (for now, may go down to 3.95 soon). I am 19 years old, a California resident, and I do not have a bachelor's degree. Also I only have 6/8 of the requirements done at the moment. Will have the rest done by June. Do I have a good shot at Roseman Henderson Campus or should i accept failure?

I know a couple people who got into Roseman with 20's 30's and 40's on their PCAT. Just do well in the interview :)

I'm waiting too, my PharmCAS was verified in November but I'm still waiting for them to receive my transcripts

I just remembered this site after stumbling across it last year! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted already :clap: I was invited to interview last month and picked January 20th at the Henderson campus. Looking forward to meeting everyone who will be interviewing that day!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get that noshow policy email from pharmcas? Or am i the only one? :eek:

Did anyone get that noshow policy email from pharmcas? Or am i the only one? :eek:
Hey I got the no-show policy email from PharmCAS too. Also, how important do you guys think it is for Roseman to see our Fall Academic Update transcript? I interview on the 20th but will submit the transcript request tomorrow :eek: You think if it does not arrive in time, will it count against my chances? :bored:

Thanks!
If you got the interview invitation then i dun think that it is important for the Academic Updates tramscript to be on file before your interview. Like for me it is because i didnt complete the 5/8 science and math thing without the fall grades so i have to make sure i turn that in for me to get the interview invitation...hopefully anyway... :)

Thanks!
If you got the interview invitation then i dun think that it is important for the Academic Updates tramscript to be on file before your interview. Like for me it is because i didnt complete the 5/8 science and math thing without the fall grades so i have to make sure i turn that in for me to get the interview invitation...hopefully anyway... :)
OH I see. Thank you for pointing that out. My friend from the school told me similar advice. Good luck on your interview invitation. Just send it in when you can! :)

Has anyone interviewed on jan. 8? I was wondering if anyone heard anything yet?

I got called from Dr Park today. Accepted!!!

Reactions: 3 users
For a current P1. Which computers are you guys using? How do you like them?

I got called from Dr Park today. Accepted!!!

Hooray! Which campus?

For a current P1. Which computers are you guys using? How do you like them?

We have a Dell Latitude E7240 and were given external CD drives (maybe DVD? I don't remember, mine's in a closet). Some people use them, some people don't. Ours are better than the P2s - they're much thinner and lighter. I use mine a lot, I take notes with it instead of printing everything (even though you get a printing allowance) and don't have many complaints. The track pads for ours kind of sucked but they brought in a Dell rep a few times and replaced them. My keyboard is also super sensitive so it inserts multiple letters quite a bit but I can deal with it.

I got the call today too! I just got accepted into the Henderson campus. :D

Hello people that have already interviewed, could you maybe approximate how many questions were asked? And congrats to those that made it!!!! I've read that there were people who interviewed for just 10 minutes, and so on. Would really appreciate it :heckyeah:

I noticed that Roseman is the most popular thread on the sdn forum. Can someone tell me what's so great about Roseman? Also how come many people apply to this school? Is it because it is easy to get accepted? Igot accepted couple of months ago but after hearing that they accept students with a low pcat as 20%-40% makes me want to question about this school. Sorry if this sounds offensive but it seems like Roseman has gotten less competitive throughout the years?

Reactions: 1 users
I noticed that Roseman is the most popular thread on the sdn forum. Can someone tell me what's so great about Roseman? Also how come many people apply to this school? Is it because it is easy to get accepted? Igot accepted couple of months ago but after hearing that they accept students with a low pcat as 20%-40% makes me want to question about this school. Sorry if this sounds offensive but it seems like Roseman has gotten less competitive throughout the years?
Hey, I'm not accepted or anything but in my humble opinion, I really do not see how this should be a problem. Once you graduate, you are still a pharmacist. It does not matter what school you graduate from, if you're a pharmacist then you're a pharmacist. The program here is also 3 years instead of 4 so you save a whole year worth of tuition. That's how I see it. But the choice is still yours. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Hello people that have already interviewed, could you maybe approximate how many questions were asked? And congrats to those that made it!!!! I've read that there were people who interviewed for just 10 minutes, and so on. Would really appreciate it :heckyeah:
I think there was like 5-6 questions. Everyone gets 30 minutes window for an interview. I did not check how long I was there, but after all questions they said we have one more minute left.

I don't think it is easy to get accepted there. I know few people who were never invited for an interview. The reason it is popular is that the list of prerequisites is shorter.

Hooray! Which campus?

We have a Dell Latitude E7240 and were given external CD drives (maybe DVD? I don't remember, mine's in a closet). Some people use them, some people don't. Ours are better than the P2s - they're much thinner and lighter. I use mine a lot, I take notes with it instead of printing everything (even though you get a printing allowance) and don't have many complaints. The track pads for ours kind of sucked but they brought in a Dell rep a few times and replaced them. My keyboard is also super sensitive so it inserts multiple letters quite a bit but I can deal with it.
So if that computer did not cost $2400 like they estimate is it prorated?

PCAT score has got nothing to do with how good a pharmacy program is. Am a resident of AZ and the only public school (Uni. of AZ) with pharmacy program accepts pcat score as low as 20%. i should mention that their program is ranked one of the best in the country - per their school website. there are a lot of good programs that accept low pcat score.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone - I'm a P1 @ South Jordan. I haven't read this entire thread, but I wanted to point out a couple of things for those who are interviewing (good tips for interviewing at any school, really):

- Take a look at interview questions from previous years here. All of the questions that I was asked came from this list.
- Be sure to check out Roseman's Mission and Vision. Click on the links on this page for more info.
- Relax! The interviewers probably aren't going to put you on the spot by asking questions about the number of ATP produced from oxidative phosphorylation or anything like that. They were all super friendly on my interview day (and they still are).

Good luck!

Hey everyone - I'm a P1 @ South Jordan. I haven't read this entire thread, but I wanted to point out a couple of things for those who are interviewing (good tips for interviewing at any school, really):

- Take a look at interview questions from previous years here. All of the questions that I was asked came from this list.
- Be sure to check out Roseman's Mission and Vision. Click on the links on this page for more info.
- Relax! The interviewers probably aren't going to put you on the spot by asking questions about the number of ATP produced from oxidative phosphorylation or anything like that. They were all super friendly on my interview day (and they still are).

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I have an interview this coming Tuesday. This is definitely very important in terms of preparation. I just hope for a friendly faculty, really!

Good luck!

Thank you!
im having a problem though. i can not look a the previous years interview questions. i keep getting this page:

Please check the Kohana documentation for information about the following error.

system/libraries/ORM.php [364]:

The show_interview_question property does not exist in the School_Model class.

anyone know what to do?

I got the interview invitation! :D So they were waiting for me to finish five of the prerequisites. Huzzah

Yay!!! I just check my email and the invitation was in the junk mailbox!! So check there too everyone!!! :D

Hi everyone! I have a question for any current P1's (or P2's and P3's for that matter) roaming this thread. Can you describe a typical two week block for me? In week 1 of the block, will Monday be used only for students requiring remediation and all who have passed the previous block have an off day? Or is there instruction in addition to the remediation that all students have that Monday as well? Is Tuesday-Thursday is an 8-3pm day, and how long of a break in that time? What happens on the Friday of the first week of a block, i.e., are we placed in a pharmacy setting every single first week Friday? Etc about week 2. Is week 2 Monday a normal 8-3pm lecture day? Do we get June off regardless of summer remediation because the school year ends in May?

I know there are a lot of questions and probably has been answered before somewhere on this forum, but thanks so much in advance!

Also, does anyone know what chances are for those already offered an interviewed? Like how many students they interview and how many they accept of those interviewees? Thanks again!

So if that computer did not cost $2400 like they estimate is it prorated?
I honestly don't know what the computers cost. They a have a pretty heavy duty warranty. The tech guys during orientation said they weren't sure of the final price but it was close to the estimate. A few students sold theirs. You obviously wouldn't have to pay more than the actual cost of the computer but I'm not sure how to find out what that is.

Hi everyone! I have a question for any current P1's (or P2's and P3's for that matter) roaming this thread. Can you describe a typical two week block for me? In week 1 of the block, will Monday be used only for students requiring remediation and all who have passed the previous block have an off day? Or is there instruction in addition to the remediation that all students have that Monday as well? Is Tuesday-Thursday is an 8-3pm day, and how long of a break in that time? What happens on the Friday of the first week of a block, i.e., are we placed in a pharmacy setting every single first week Friday? Etc about week 2. Is week 2 Monday a normal 8-3pm lecture day? Do we get June off regardless of summer remediation because the school year ends in May?

I know there are a lot of questions and probably has been answered before somewhere on this forum, but thanks so much in advance!
I'll try to do a quick run-down for you. During non-assessment weeks, if you passed on Friday you usually get Monday off (sometimes it's different due to holidays or whatever), then class on Tues-Thurs is typically 8-3, and your clinical rotations on Fridays. I don't know how your rotations will be because we didn't start ours until the end of October (so those first few Fridays were additional class days). Exam weeks you have class Tues-Thurs 8-3 and Thursdays may or may not be on the exam, it varies. You assess on Fridays at 8, then immediately have team exams, then the review. You're usually out by 1, 1:30 on exam days. You do still have class on Monday of exam weeks but it's not related to the Friday exam. On those Mondays you do Top 200 exams, IPPE seminars, and pharmacy calculations and communications lectures and exams. Each of these Mondays has a different schedule. You get breaks during these class days but they vary between professors (some offer one almost hourly, others you may have to ask).

Summer is weird. You will have six weeks of clinical rotations but you have to work that around your MBA classes (if you choose to do it) and any summer remediation. We get a total of 12 weeks out of class but 6 of those are your rotations and if you're in MBA you don't get a summer at all. You're not guaranteed any specific time range off because you have to do your rotations when they're able to schedule you, and they start immediately after the classroom year ends. You don't get this schedule until May which is really frustrating but there's not much that can be done to fix that.

Oh and a note about holidays: you're only off for two weeks in December, and a couple of days for both Thanksgiving and spring break. No religious holidays are recognized and if they fall on exam or IPPE days, you must request to be excused and make them up according to the handbook. I'm not sure what that process is but they review it during orientation.

How many interviews have they had so far, and how many more are we expecting? I got an invite for 3 dates in feb

Just got an interview offer... I'm from NY though and I already have an acceptance somewhere so I'm just curious to hear other people's opinions on the school? I just want to make sure its worth it before I spend all the money to fly out there... I"m really impressed by their offering of a PharmD/MBA in 3 years ! But if there are any students who could tell me how they like it there, or any interviewees who could give me some insight that would be great

Just got an interview offer... I'm from NY though and I already have an acceptance somewhere so I'm just curious to hear other people's opinions on the school? I just want to make sure its worth it before I spend all the money to fly out there... I"m really impressed by their offering of a PharmD/MBA in 3 years ! But if there are any students who could tell me how they like it there, or any interviewees who could give me some insight that would be great

I had dinner with two girls that dropped out of roseman cause they thought it was bs. Stories of girls breaking down losing their mind etc. that 90% pass rate is no joke. But my other friend is doing just fine .

I had dinner with two girls that dropped out of roseman cause they thought it was bs. Stories of girls breaking down losing their mind etc. that 90% pass rate is no joke. But my other friend is doing just fine .
Have you been able to assess what the difference is between these two groups of people? Were the two girls you had dinner with just lazy or unprepared? Did they have personal issues going on in their lives?

Has your friend who is doing just fine given you any advice?

I just interviewed at Roseman this week and everyone I spoke to was very insistent on the fact that the 90% is absolutely doable. Of course it's stressful, but they mentioned that there is so much help available you shouldn't have a problem. The majority of the class passes each block without remediating (a student mentioned about 30-40 usually do remediate). You have to remember they are taking a whole year off the time it takes to get your PharmD. All I can say is I think it's worth it! Best of luck!