2018 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Applying 2014 Cycle, Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To everyone that already went to the interview... Does it last the whole time from 2-6?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview offer... I'm from NY though and I already have an acceptance somewhere so I'm just curious to hear other people's opinions on the school? I just want to make sure its worth it before I spend all the money to fly out there... I"m really impressed by their offering of a PharmD/MBA in 3 years ! But if there are any students who could tell me how they like it there, or any interviewees who could give me some insight that would be great

I interviewed this past Tuesday and I had a very positive experience. Didn't realize how small the campus was but then that's a good thing because it allows you to bond with your 145ish classmates in Henderson, if that's your thing. The actual interview was a 2 on 1 (one professor and one current student). I was asked a handful of questions and it went really smoothly. During my response, both maintained eye contact and was not looking down scribbling notes so I appreciated that.

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone that already went to the interview... Does it last the whole time from 2-6?

I remember arriving at 1:45 and starting at 2. Everyone gets a folder with the usual paperwork and as a whole, all 40 some odd interviewees go through an orientation first where you are introduced to some of the admin and dean, learn about the cost of attendance, financial aid options, curriculum overview, etc. That lasted around an hour and at 3pm was the first batch of interviews with the last group starting around 4, if not 4:30pm (every 30 minutes). While you are not in your interview, you get a chance to meet current students and visit booths that feature on-campus organizations. There were a total of 4 if I remember correctly. I personally left right before 5 as I was talking to current students about their experiences.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Once you're done with your interview and tour, you can leave already. My interview was scheduled from 3-3:30 and I got done with my tour before 4, but I stayed till past 5 to talk to some students and applicants. Last batch of interviews was from 4:30-5, I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I had dinner with two girls that dropped out of roseman cause they thought it was bs. Stories of girls breaking down losing their mind etc. that 90% pass rate is no joke. But my other friend is doing just fine .

I think of the 90% pass rate as a challenge and it makes me want to go there more ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Has from the 1/20/15 interview heard back yet? I know this is sooner than the 2-4 week window that they said at the interview, but I heard some people already heard and now i'm super nervous.

Has from the 1/20/15 interview heard back yet? I know this is sooner than the 2-4 week window that they said at the interview, but I heard some people already heard and now i'm super nervous.

Did they hear from Dr.Park just today? I'm really nervous as well.

how long does it take for pharmcas to receive transfer academic update transcript?

So did anyone on this forum that interviewed on January 20th hear back yet? Haha :confused:

So did anyone on this forum that interviewed on January 20th hear back yet? Haha :confused:
I'd like to know as well! So anxious to hear back from them considering the first January interviews started hearing back within a week

Did they hear from Dr.Park just today? I'm really nervous as well.
The person that had heard back was not from the 1/20 interview so i don't think they have made calls yet for us. I sure hope they call soon though!!!

The person that had heard back was not from the 1/20 interview so i don't think they have made calls yet for us. I sure hope they call soon though!!!
I kinda freaked out because I thought you were talking about the 1/20 group.... :whoa:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call from Dr. Park!! I'm in!!

Reactions: 6 users
Oh my god, I just missed her call because I was in class. Tried to call back but it went to her voicemail. So nervous!!!

Congratulations, guus!!!

Those of you who were accepted, congratulations!! I am still awaiting to hear from them. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

OH MY GOSH speaking of which, I GOT THE CALL TOO!!!! WAHHOOOOO :heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah:

Reactions: 6 users
Got my call earlier today too!! Yay! Congratulations to everyone and best of luck to those waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Those of you who were accepted, congratulations!! I am still awaiting to hear from them. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

PCAT 94
Overall GPA 4.0 (with academic forgiveness)
Science GPA 4.0 (with academic forgiveness)
BA Biology
MA Teaching

Last edited:

PCAT 89
Undergraduate GPA (from the Philippines) 2.91 (nyaha :p)
Science GPA 3.68
Overall GPA 3.79
BS Biology
1 year pharmacy technician experience (retail)

PharmCAS did not combine my GPA here and my GPA abroad, but they forwarded both transcripts. I think it's around 3.2 when combined. Good luck! I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!!! :happy:

Has anyone who has been accepted chosen the Utah campus?
You know, it was strange because when my enrollment papers came in, it says that I was accepted to the Henderson campus, already even before any selection, but of course, I wanted Henderson! :) Just pointing it out.

Anyone interviewing on the 5th at Utah? 17th at Nevada?

How long do you have to determine if you will accept their university acceptance? And is there a deposit? If so how much and is it refundable?

How long do you have to determine if you will accept their university acceptance? And is there a deposit? If so how much and is it refundable?
So I know that it gives you 2 weeks to make a decision and have them receive the enrollment packet. As for the deposit, it costs $1,000. I'm not sure if it is refundable, but I know for other schools if you decide to withdraw your acceptance within 3 days of paying the deposit, you can get a full refund, otherwise you would only get a max $100 back with a written letter to them for it.

Hi fellow SDNers. I am currently trying to take all the prerequisites that Roseman requires. I noticed that most pharmacy schools out there require 6 semester credits of Bio while, instead, Roseman requires 6 semester credits of Anatomy and Physiology. I was wondering why that is so. If I were to take Anatomy and Physiology, will other schools out there count that as a replacement of 6 semester credits of Bio?

I plan on completing all my prerequisites by the end of July 2016. Is there any hope that I can be considered for Fall 2016? Or will I have to apply end of 2016 for Fall 2017?

Congrats to all those who got admitted! I got one question for you all. When will you guys be starting school? From Roseman's website, it says Orientation/Registration is August 26-29 for 2014, I assume 2015 Orientation would be around August also. You would have to wait basically 6 months which is half a year to start school?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi fellow SDNers. I am currently trying to take all the prerequisites that Roseman requires. I noticed that most pharmacy schools out there require 6 semester credits of Bio while, instead, Roseman requires 6 semester credits of Anatomy and Physiology. I was wondering why that is so. If I were to take Anatomy and Physiology, will other schools out there count that as a replacement of 6 semester credits of Bio?

I plan on completing all my prerequisites by the end of July 2016. Is there any hope that I can be considered for Fall 2016? Or will I have to apply end of 2016 for Fall 2017?

Congrats to all those who got admitted! I got one question for you all. When will you guys be starting school? From Roseman's website, it says Orientation/Registration is August 26-29 for 2014, I assume 2015 Orientation would be around August also. You would have to wait basically 6 months which is half a year to start school?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! It is a bit weird how biology is not a requirement for Roseman. I don't think the Anatomy and Physiology credits will suffice the Biology requirement at other pharm schools since most of them require both Biology and A/P. But to make sure, you should still call which ever schools you are looking at and ask. I think it is beat for you to call the other schools and ask them specifically. Hope this help! And gudluck

Anyone interviewing on the 5th at Utah? 17th at Nevada?
Hello,
Just joining this great thread! I'll be headed to Henderson for the February 17th interview date! Is anyone else coming from New Mexico?

Hello,
Just joining this great thread! I'll be headed to Henderson for the February 17th interview date! Is anyone else coming from New Mexico?
I picked the 17th too! And i'm from Louisiana! Lol guess we'll be seeing each other!

I'll see you guys on the 17th as well!

Thanks in advance!

Most schools require 6 credits of biology and 6 of a&p. I only had 3 biology and both a&p and micro and Midwestern Glendale took my 2nd A&P and a second biology. But I would contact each school. You can apply for 2016, you don't have to have everything done when you apply. Our orientation August 24th I think. Yes, we now wait to start school. Some still finishing up prerequisites, or started MBA. Good luck!

I'll see you guys on the 17th as well!
Good luck on upcoming interviews. Just be yourself, and think of situations when you showed good leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks mushr00mh3ad and kiliote for the valuable information. Btw, just to confirm because I plan to apply to Midwestern Glendale also, they took your A&P II as Bio II?

Thank you for your help!

Thanks mushr00mh3ad and kiliote for the valuable information. Btw, just to confirm because I plan to apply to Midwestern Glendale also, they took your A&P II as Bio II?

Thank you for your help!
Yes, they did.

Hi, so I attended the interview batch on January 20th, but haven't received any reponse yet. Does it mean that I most likely got rejected?:(

Last edited:
Also, does anyone know what chances are for those already offered an interviewed? Like how many students they interview and how many they accept of those interviewees? Thanks again!
I'd really like to know this, too!

Don't lose hope yet!! I believe that fewer than half the seats are filled before the last interview. Around May they'll start a waitlist and notify you. A fair amount of students are admitted from the list. One of my friends was offered admission 3 days before orientation started.

Don't lose hope yet!! I believe that fewer than half the seats are filled before the last interview. Around May they'll start a waitlist and notify you. A fair amount of students are admitted from the list. One of my friends was offered admission 3 days before orientation started.
Thank you for your response, definitely not losing hope before my interview is even here! So, what's the weather like out there right now :D:wacky:

Just got off the phone with Dr. Park! Accepted!:)

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have a February interview at Henderson before the 17th? I'm just trying to gauge how fast spots are going because there are clearly still open spots as of now :)

Got call from Dr. Park yesterday...accepted :)
For students who are waiting for admission call,don't lose your hope guys...my best wishes with u guys...

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 1/20, Accepted 2/3 woohoo!

Reactions: 4 users
I got in ☺️ So how long after the acceptance call do we get our acceptance email / enrollment packet?

I got in ☺️ So how long after the acceptance call do we get our acceptance email / enrollment packet?
Shortly after the call. Check your junk mail too. Mine was there.
Congratulations!!!