Roseman vs. Colorado (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZResident

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

School 1:
Roseman
* OOS
Pros:
  • Pass Fail
  • Block curriculum
  • Non-competitive atmosphere for most part
  • Near home
Cons:
  • Negativity floating around on SDN; more so than most other school threads
  • Cost (but no in-state institution being an AZ resident...)
School 2: Colorado
* OOS
Pros:
  • Well established school, with opportunities in all facets of dentistry
  • More collegiate atmosphere, and relatable student body (how I felt)
  • Near home
Cons:
  • Graded and ranked
  • Not block curriculum
  • More competition it seems

Summary: Surprisingly Roseman turns out to be roughly 50K cheaper, mainly due to not having to live in Utah year round and cheaper rent. From reading various threads, consensus is to pick the cheaper school. However, in this case does going to the cheaper school still hold? Still waiting to hear back from AZ schools as those will be cheapest; but at the moment this is what it is..

Members don't see this ad.

Colorado. I've heard from a few dentists out of Utah that Roseman has such a small patient pool that they are opening clinics in neighboring states just to find patients.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CU. There have been way too many negative posts about Roseman from faculty and students this past year

Reactions: 1 user
Roseman!
Roseman is a great school, the non competitive atmosphere takes a lot of stress away that other dental student experience in other schools. The school keeps up with all the changes that are happening in the field as well as the board exams, and transforms the curriculum to serve students better.

Reactions: 1 users
I have heard nothing but good things about Colorado so I would say go there for sure!

Reactions: 1 user