Ross University Veterinary School May 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here. I think we're all in the same boat.
I called the admissions office today and found out that they have started with August Class 2015 about 2 weeks ago. They are doing emails for the next 5 weeks.
Im glad I haven't been rejected yet, but just like PENN they are taking to long.

Members don't see this ad.

I called the admissions office today and found out that they have started with August Class 2015 about 2 weeks ago. They are doing emails for the next 5 weeks.
Im glad I haven't been rejected yet, but just like PENN they are taking to long.

THANKS!

So in the next 5 weeks we should hear something?

Are you waiting to hear back if you got an interview or if you have been accepted? I had my interview back in November and the guy who interviewed me said he would call me within 3-5 weeks. It's now been 6 :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in Oct and got accepted 2 weeks later, but also interviewed for SGU in Oct and havent heard back either way from them except to ask for fall transcripts. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to how things are done.

E="rd2vetmed, post: 16050270, member: 634947"]@misty1126 Was it for May 2015?[/QUOTE]
No it is for august class

I'm in the same boat. I had my interview December 18 for the May 2015 class and I've yet to hear anything.

Reactions: 1 user
THANKS!

So in the next 5 weeks we should hear something?
According to what the admission representative said, yes. However, I would still call and see what's the status if I don't hear in the next 3 weeks.

Are you waiting to hear back if you got an interview or if you have been accepted? I had my interview back in November and the guy who interviewed me said he would call me within 3-5 weeks. It's now been 6 :/
Interview :)

I just hear back on Sunday and they called me today! I got in!!! :love:

But still waiting to hear back from other schools as well :censored:

Haha ok cool! I got into the prevet semester so I'm going to do that.

@jesssko10 did you get all the emails about the deposits and the flight?

Did anyone else get accepted for May 2015???

Members don't see this ad :)
Uggghh no. I did email them a week or so ago and they said we should hear end of jan/beg of February. I've been obsessively checking my email everyday

I was accepted for aug class. Interviewed in Oct and heard back a cuople of weeks later with the acceptance.

did everyone who got their interviews for august 2015 apply through vmcas?

Last edited:
did anyone who has heard back for august apply through vmcas?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering how certain people heard back so quickly considering the majority of us are still waiting. :/

I did apply through vmcas. I submitted my application during the first week of September (forget the exact date) and was offered an interview during the first week of October

Me too. Applied thru VMCAS, submitted in early Sept, and interviewed in early Oct. Heard back a couple of weeks later.
Not sure why for some it happened so quickly, I also interviewed for SGU in October and still waiting to hear from them.
They asked for Fall transcripts and apparently are still reviewing.

I also applied through vmcas, had interviews for SGU and ross two days apart and heard back a week apart after five weeks, not sure how they are doing it this year but they did mention they got a crazy number of applicants so it probably takes time to sift through especially with all the holidays that passed.

I applied for the August class through VMCAS. On December 11, I received my interview invite via email and I interviewed on January 16 in New Jersey.

Did you receive this email from Ross back in December?
I am writing to let you know that we have processed your Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) application for Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) for the Fall 2015 semester. We have received all necessary materials for the initial review of your application, and you will be contacted accordingly regarding the next step in the admission process.
If not I would try to email/call Ross and double check that they have everything.

Just FYI I contacted Ross a couple weeks ago and they said that they are just starting to process the applications and will notify us once they are done. It seems like many people are still waiting.

Recieved an email today saying they still have May seats open, so they are probably worrying about filling that class before finishing the Aug/Sept class.

Hello everyone! I applied through VMCAS, interviewed in October and was accepted two weeks later in November for the August/September 2015 class. Like some of you, I have also received an email asking if I would like to join the May class as well...I have also had better experience with responses by asking questions via telephone rather than email.

Looking forward to talking with and meeting everyone in the Sept. 2015 class! Hopefully we can learn a few tips from those of you in the May 2015 class!

Hey I thought I heard that Ross is a place that interviews everybody. I'm getting worried I haven't heard anything :/

I have actually gotten responses from them via email but that was exactly three weeks ago they said it should be in the next few weeks. Hopefully it will be soon but I'm getting ancy

Weird so I just received an email from the Ross School of Medicine saying that they are missing some materials in order to qualify for the may 2015 class. This is weird considering I applied to the vet school for Fall 2015. Did anyone receive this email?

I received the interview invite. I'm having the interview over the phone. Has anyone had a phone interview? I am curious what it is like.

Weird so I just received an email from the Ross School of Medicine saying that they are missing some materials in order to qualify for the may 2015 class. This is weird considering I applied to the vet school for Fall 2015. Did anyone receive this email?
I did too! I'm going to call and find out what is going on. I am still waiting to hear from Ross about an interview or if I was denied, so this kind of worries me.

@Tabbysue59. So I just received a reply from Barbara saying it was just a mix up. I am still going to call the vet school and make sure they received my application. Also I thought I heard that ross grants everyone an interview so you wouldn't be denied without at least getting interviewed but I could be wrong about that.

I'm also just wondering if everyone who applied for fall class is receiving emails about may class? I haven't and the lack of communication from them is worrying.

@Tabbysue59. So I just received a reply from Barbara saying it was just a mix up. I am still going to call the vet school and make sure they received my application. Also I thought I heard that ross grants everyone an interview so you wouldn't be denied without at least getting interviewed but I could be wrong about that.
I just called them and they said they were in the process of processing my application and then they would let me know if I was granted an interview or not. So atleast I know they have it. And she also said they've heard about the May 2015 school of medicine email and just to disregard it.

Hi all, I also applied for the September 2015 class and haven't heard anything. I emailed them back in early December and they said they had received my application and I should hear more in the next several weeks but it's been about 2 months now...kinda getting worried. I too got the email about the may 2015 school of medicine saying they were missing materials, I guess it was just a mistake. Hopefully we hear soon! They need to stop worrying us!

So I finally got an email from them saying my app has been processed and they received everything. I'm just curious for those who got interviews how long was it between processing the app to the interview invite?

So I finally got an email from them saying my app has been processed and they received everything. I'm just curious for those who got interviews how long was it between processing the app to the interview invite?
I heard back 3 days later, hopefully you'll hear soon! Good luck!!

I literally got an email asking to interview within 2 hours of receiving the conformation email! Good luck! You've got this!

So I just got invited to do a Skype interview. I've never done one before and it makes me a little nervous. For those who have done Skype interviews any advice? Do you like them better than in person interviews?

I have a phone interview next week. I am wondering how the interview works over the phone.

I have a phone interview next week. I am wondering how the interview works over the phone.

They ask you questions...you answer them ;) The only difference is that you can't see each other lol