Ross University Veterinary School - September 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inanimatezebra

LMU-CVM c/o 2019!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I didn't see a thread for incoming students for the September Class. I was just informed of my acceptance to Ross! I interviewed on January 8th and was informed today. I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything yet and if they plan on attending!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted for the September class. I was waitlisted for my IS school so I am going to give it some time, see if there is any chance of me getting pulled from the waitlist and if not, I will most likely be attending Ross.

Congratulations! I have an interview at another school and haven't heard from my IS yet but am definitely excited to be accepted to Ross.

If you don't mind me asking, what was Your IS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Virginia Maryland. I am also waiting to hear back from Michigan State and Oklahoma but I honestly don't have high hopes. I did not feel confident with my interview at all for MSU but well see!

You never know! They may have seen it differently. Either way, congratulations on your acceptance to Ross!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks you too! Maybe we will be classmates! :)

Hi guys. I applied for the Ross September class but still waiting to hear from them. I hope I hear soon, I'm getting very anxious and nervous.

They took a while for me. I submitted my application around September 4th, got an interview invite around October 6th, interviewed on November 24 and was accepted January 7th

They took awhile for me as well. I applied through VMCAS and it was processed and verified probably by mid October (can't remember for sure) then I didn't hear from them until a week before Christmas. Then I had my interview on January 8th and was accepted February 9th (today). The whole processes is a bit long but if you're anxious then you may be able to call them and ask where you application stands as of now.

I got an interview invite last week. I was also verified mid October. I'm not sure if it made a difference but I had called them a few days earlier asking about the status of my app at which point they said my app was being processed. The next day I got the official email saying my app had been processed and also asking if I was interested in the May class. The next day I received an interview invite. Again Im not sure if my call helped move things along but it's definitely worth a try.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite last week. I was also verified mid October. I'm not sure if it made a difference but I had called them a few days earlier asking about the status of my app at which point they said my app was being processed. The next day I got the official email saying my app had been processed and also asking if I was interested in the May class. The next day I received an interview invite. Again Im not sure if my call helped move things along but it's definitely worth a try.
hhhmmm I emailed a few times and they said they are in the process of going through all the September 2015 apps. I submitted my VMCAS mid september and got it verified about mid October. Seems like they are taking way longer with mine. I will try calling to see if that speeds things up a bit. Thanks!

Yahoo! Glad someone made a thread for September's class:) I was verified in October and was interviewed/ accepted in November. They also asked me if I wanted to join the May 2015 class but I'm working full,time right now and trying to save a bit of mmoney before starting...This is the oonly school I've been accepted to. Waiting to hear back from a few others and an alternate for Western. As of now, Ross is where I am headed. Looking forward to it and to meeting those who attend as well! Is anyone bringing pet(s) and/or significant others?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, everyone! Feel free to PM me with any questions. If you're flexible and adaptable you will love it here!

Yahoo! Glad someone made a thread for September's class:) I was verified in October and was interviewed/ accepted in November. They also asked me if I wanted to join the May 2015 class but I'm working full,time right now and trying to save a bit of mmoney before starting...This is the oonly school I've been accepted to. Waiting to hear back from a few others and an alternate for Western. As of now, Ross is where I am headed. Looking forward to it and to meeting those who attend as well! Is anyone bringing pet(s) and/or significant others?

I have a bearded dragon that I would really like to bring, unfortunately my SO has a good job in the US so I don't think he will be coming with. I hope that they allow pets because I heard that the first four months you are required to live on campus and they do not allow pets.

I was just emailed for an invite for interview for the Class of 2019. Does anyone know how are their interviews?

I was just emailed for an invite for interview for the Class of 2019. Does anyone know how are their interviews?

My interview was awesome! It was more like a conversation, rather than drilling questions. I talked a lot about my vet and animal experiences, my family dynamic, how I would be able to adjust to living on an island, why I want to be in vet med, what I see myself doing in the future as a veterinarian, and the one health initiative. I am pretty sure he had my application right in front of him, so you definitely want to read your personal statement and everything beforehand. The only typical "interview" questions asked were relating to euthanasia, a tough situation I have faced in vet med, and the difference between animal rights and animal welfare.
Overall, the interview is fairly laid back. My interview was about 75 minutes long, but it seriously felt like maybe 30 minutes. It is easy to say, but don't be worried about the interview! Good luck!

My interview was awesome! It was more like a conversation, rather than drilling questions. I talked a lot about my vet and animal experiences, my family dynamic, how I would be able to adjust to living on an island, why I want to be in vet med, what I see myself doing in the future as a veterinarian, and the one health initiative. I am pretty sure he had my application right in front of him, so you definitely want to read your personal statement and everything beforehand. The only typical "interview" questions asked were relating to euthanasia, a tough situation I have faced in vet med, and the difference between animal rights and animal welfare.
Overall, the interview is fairly laid back. My interview was about 75 minutes long, but it seriously felt like maybe 30 minutes. It is easy to say, but don't be worried about the interview! Good luck!

I had a very similar interview. They definitely bring up euthanasia and animal right. vs animal welfare. I brought a copy of my fall transcripts, my resume and also a copy of my application with me but my interviewer read my entire application and pretty much knew everything about me from it.

The one nice thing about the interview is that they know your application so well that they will ask you about specific experiences you've had which makes the interview like a story of your life and a friendly conversation.

My interview was 45 minutes on the dot but I think people after me interviewed as well. It was a very relaxing interview and it went by really fast.

My interview was very similar to @inanimatezebra's also. Brought up all the same things they mentioned and he asked a lot about myself, my family, my own dogs, and my experiences at different vet hospitals. Mine was about 45 minutes but it didn't feel that long.

I will also be heading to Ross this fall! Anyone else going to be in vet prep? I was offered a spot to start in May as well but its just too soon... unless it would be for 1st semester and not vet prep hehe ;)

Just curious if anyone knows anything about their criteria for placing people in vet prep?

uggghh totally freaking out about my interview tomorrow. Any last minute advice? Also does any one know if the interviewer makes the final decision or does a committee make it? Thanks!

my interviewer told me he was just writing a "report" on me to send back to the admissions committee. After mine was over, he basically told me what he was going to write and he was going to give me a strong recommendation so it was nice for me to know it went well haha

I just withdrew my seat for the September 2015 class, because I got into a school closer to home. Hopefully one of y'all get it! Good luck to everyone!

Accepted for sept class. Waiting to hear from one more school but if nothing else I will be headed to St. Kitts this fall. Anyone a little stressed/anxious about moving? How am I going to get everything there hahaha

I just withdrew my seat for the September 2015 class, because I got into a school closer to home. Hopefully one of y'all get it! Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! Where did you get in?

Accepted for sept class. Waiting to hear from one more school but if nothing else I will be headed to St. Kitts this fall. Anyone a little stressed/anxious about moving? How am I going to get everything there hahaha

I am very anxious about moving and the accelerating course load. I have a bearded dragon and other pets that I would 've leaving behind with my mom.

I am very anxious about moving and the accelerating course load. I have a bearded dragon and other pets that I would 've leaving behind with my mom.
I have 2 dogs and a boyfriend of 7 years that would be staying stateside until 2nd semester then hopefully coming with me to st kitts after Christmas break. But the first semester is going to be awful without them. I'm looking forward to the accelerated load, I like to stay busy. Just anxious about all of it in general.

Does anyone know how long it takes to process the application? I called two weeks ago and they told me it was being processed and that they'd let me know if they have everything. I have yet to hear anything.

I will also be heading to Ross this fall! Anyone else going to be in vet prep? I was offered a spot to start in May as well but its just too soon... unless it would be for 1st semester and not vet prep hehe ;)
Congrats on getting into vet prep! I just had my interview and am a little uneasy about how it went. It is a little hard to get an idea of where I stand since they don't post admission stats. Would you mind at all sharing your stats either on here or through PM?

Question- Are they still in the process of reviewing applications and inviting people to interviews for the September class for Ross? If anyone has any insight, I would love to know! Thanks!

Question- Are they still in the process of reviewing applications and inviting people to interviews for the September class for Ross? If anyone has any insight, I would love to know! Thanks!
I'm pretty sure they still are.

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out. In my interview I was asked how long I studied for the GRE and told him 3 months. He then asked if I studied 3 months before each test cause I took it twice. I said yes not really thinking about it plus I was super nervous. Well it occurred to me today as I was obsessing over how the interview went that I actually only studied for a month between test 1 and 2...oops! My question is is this something I should be worried about that I gave him the wrong info? Am I thinking too much about it? Do you think he'll just discredit it as me being nervous? I mean there obviously isn't really a reason for me to lie about it. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out. In my interview I was asked how long I studied for the GRE and told him 3 months. He then asked if I studied 3 months before each test cause I took it twice. I said yes not really thinking about it plus I was super nervous. Well it occurred to me today as I was obsessing over how the interview went that I actually only studied for a month between test 1 and 2...oops! My question is is this something I should be worried about that I gave him the wrong info? Am I thinking too much about it? Do you think he'll just discredit it as me being nervous? I mean there obviously isn't really a reason for me to lie about it. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

At this point there is no sense in worrying. Ultimately the interviewer does not make the decision. I don't think you were maliciously trying to lie to get in and I doubt it will reflect your entrance into the program. Everyone is nervous for the interview, so they're not going to consider one little slip up as minute as "how long did you study for the GRE." I can't speak on behalf of the admissions committee but I doubt it will reflect on their decision. Don't worry too much! :)

I have 2 dogs and a boyfriend of 7 years that would be staying stateside until 2nd semester then hopefully coming with me to st kitts after Christmas break. But the first semester is going to be awful without them. I'm looking forward to the accelerated load, I like to stay busy. Just anxious about all of it in general.
I am in the exact same boat! I have been in a relationship for 6 year's and have a dog, cat, and two guinea pigs that will be staying behind with my bf first semester. He is also thinking of coming back with me after Christmas break.

Do you mind me asking what your bf plans to do for work on St. Kitts? Where are you from?

Glad there is someone in a similar situation!:) Looking forward to meeting you if you end up going to Ross!

I have a bearded dragon that I would really like to bring, unfortunately my SO has a good job in the US so I don't think he will be coming with. I hope that they allow pets because I heard that the first four months you are required to live on campus and they do not allow pets.
Yes that's true..the first semester if,you live on campus, pets are Not allowed in student housing :/ I'm going to miss my fur kids!

I am in the exact same boat! I have been in a relationship for 6 year's and have a dog, cat, and two guinea pigs that will be staying behind with my bf first semester. He is also thinking of coming back with me after Christmas break.

Do you mind me asking what your bf plans to do for work on St. Kitts? Where are you from?

Glad there is someone in a similar situation!:) Looking forward to meeting you if you end up going to Ross!
We aren't total sure what he would do yet, still trying to figure that out. We just can't see ourselves living apart for two years. I'm from Georgia, you?

Anybody else in a waitlisted situation with other schools? I've been accepted to the Ross September class but the deposit is so large Im trying to hold out until I hear from the others. I've been waitlisted at Mississippi and LSU.

I'm in the same situation. I've been waitlisted at my IS, VMRCVM, and still waiting to hear from Michigan State. I don't know what to do

I'm in the same situation. I've been waitlisted at my IS, VMRCVM, and still waiting to hear from Michigan State. I don't know what to do

I wish waitlists would give you a better idea of where you stand or when you could potential be notified.

I wish waitlists would give you a better idea of where you stand or when you could potential be notified.
Yeah I agree. It would definitely help put me at ease and make a decision! Virginia will let you know after April 15th where you stand but thats because they said the list doesn't move much after that date

Yeah I agree. It would definitely help put me at ease and make a decision! Virginia will let you know after April 15th where you stand but thats because they said the list doesn't move much after that date

From reading past forums in general about waitlist it looks like most students don't hear until after the April 15th deadline....which makes me think im going to just have to send in my 1000 deposit and eat the cost if I get into another school.

From reading past forums in general about waitlist it looks like most students don't hear until after the April 15th deadline....which makes me think im going to just have to send in my 1000 deposit and eat the cost if I get into another school.

I would hold out on Ross. That school isn't going anywhere. I think its cheaper to reapply for january 2016 in coming class than to fork up 1000. If I was waitlisted I would play the cards against the odds before committing 4 years over seas and potentially higher tuition at Ross. I am pretty certain you can get back into Ross. If anything, reapply to carribean at SGU. Saint George seems like a better choice of the two. Ross aint going anywhere. Have a little faith in MSU.

I would hold out on Ross. That school isn't going anywhere. I think its cheaper to reapply for january 2016 in coming class than to fork up 1000. If I was waitlisted I would play the cards against the odds before committing 4 years over seas and potentially higher tuition at Ross. I am pretty certain you can get back into Ross. If anything, reapply to carribean at SGU. Saint George seems like a better choice of the two. Ross aint going anywhere. Have a little faith in MSU.

Myapologies, I read you post incorrectly. I now see the intent. However I think it is wise to put a deposit in Ross if it is somewhere you truly want to go to. What is $1000 in the grand scheme of things?

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about life in St. Kitts if there is anyone out there who would be willing to answer. Is it expensive? As in rent, groceries, basic necessities. I am from Southern California where everything costs an arm and a leg! Just wanna know if it is comparable. Also, what is the environment like overall? Are locals generally nice? Is there high crime rates? I am curious to know. Thanks!

We aren't total sure what he would do yet, still trying to figure that out. We just can't see ourselves living apart for two years. I'm from Georgia, you?
Yeah there are a lot of details to figure out! I'm originally from California, but we are currently living in Seattle, WA. :)