Rotation in Vellore, India at CMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DBMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing 2 months at CMC later this year and would like to find someone who can tell me more about the day-to-day. Please message me if you can. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on doing 2 months at CMC later this year and would like to find someone who can tell me more about the day-to-day. Please message me if you can. Thanks!

Don't know much about the day to day at CMC, but I did visit the joint when I was working with an NGO during undergrad. I can tell you about the area if you like? (current MS2)

I was in Vellore this summer for 4 weeks. I did 3 weeks of Pediatric Surgery and a week of General Pediatrics. The day to day depends on the department mainly, and it seems like most students rotate through several departments while they are there. Some departments really like teaching and will try to involve you more in patient care than in others.

I took the first bus in from CMC campus (the main campus and the hospital are NOT close in distance but there are several free shuttles throughout the day) around 8 o'clock and usually worked until 5.

Not sure what else you'd like to know about the day to day...?