Rotation Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travoltage

Crank up the travoltage!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is really cool, thanks! Hopefully it will keep the questions down on rotation sites and your post will come up on searches since you've done the footwork for everyone!

Um, that list isn't up to date for UNE. We lost Cooperstown (they entered into an exclusive arrangement with Columbia), don't have Watertown or Johnson City (I can't remember which), and the residency programs are also out of date. They don't list Kent (EM), and due to new Medicarerules, all residency programs which are not hospital based (read FP residencies based in clinics but partnered with hospitals) won't get funding so they're being shut down. What this all boils down to is UNE is closing their ambulatory clinic-based residency programs until they can restructure them in a way that Medicare won't fine and WILL fund. As I understand it, this would be the NMM and FP residencies as they currently stand will no longer be accepting new residents and they will be assisting current residents into new positions if they desire. Current residents who desire to stay in the program will be accomodated.

So basically, the UNE information isn't very accurate anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those rotation site are Touro ny Physical therapy program. For the DO program, the rotations sites are, More to come they still have a year untill the first class does rotations.

TOUROCOM
Clinical Rotation/Clerkship Sites

Bronx Lebanon Hospital
Interfaith Medical Center
New Parkway Hospital
North General Hospital
St. John’s Episcopal
Staten Island University Hospital
TouroCOM’s Family Health Center
Trinitas Hospital
Primary Care Physician’s Offices/Clinics

anyone know more details about dmu's rotation site? i heard they were trying to get them mostly in Iowa.. On the flip side, i dont wanna stay in iowa at all.. do they still have sites in MI and OH? Or in eastern iowa like davenport, iowa city??

i have to say that msucom's rotation sites are very impressive, they offer such a diverse amount of electives and such, msu students have got it good!

Unless you're out of state. Then you have cool rotation sites with a very light wallet.

The list for touro ca on there is definitely not complete, for their list go to their site.

Please keep in mind when posting rotation sites is that they often do change. Also, an affliated hospital is not technically a core rotation site and may only be a place to do elective rotations. An example being Touro-Ca has a list of affliated hospitals on there website but maybe only a handful you can actually do a core rotation. Just do not be fooled by affliated hospitals, they may not always be an option. Best is to check with 3rd year students and get a straight answer from the clinical ed department for that school.

...and due to new Medicarerules, all residency programs which are not hospital based (read FP residencies based in clinics but partnered with hospitals) won't get funding so they're being shut down. What this all boils down to is UNE is closing their ambulatory clinic-based residency programs until they can restructure them in a way that Medicare won't fine and WILL fund.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I thought the big problem was we dont have enough primary care doctors??? Maybe if they didn't have have $36 trillion (yep) in unfunded obligations this stuff wouldnt happen.