ROTC to medical school + reserves/guard

Started by armydoc27
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

armydoc27

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all... Current ROTC senior who will be going to medical school next year in WV. Looking to fill my ROTC contract time in the reserves, so I'm not interested in the HPSP or ed delay routes. I also would not like to take on any ADSOs, even in the reserves. I'm familiar with the 00E67 spot for medical students from perusing sdn threads, but am wondering how this would work in conjunction with having to fulfill the ROTC contract. I've also heard of some students not being slotted in a med student spot, but still being able to work out a good drill schedule with their unit. If anyone has done something similar I would love to hear about your experience. OR if you know of any units in WV or nearby that are flexible with med students. Thanks!