This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmg1094

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both programs and need to decide which one to attend. I am a NJ resident so Rowan is cheaper but I have heard amazing things about PCOM that might be worth the extra 10k? Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Normally I would say PCOM, but in this case Rowan is top notch as well so go with the cheaper option.

Reactions: 2 users
Go to Rowan since it's cheaper and in state.

PCOM is great, but in your situation I think Rowan would be better.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted to both programs and need to decide which one to attend. I am a NJ resident so Rowan is cheaper but I have heard amazing things about PCOM that might be worth the extra 10k? Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!!

As a Pcom student who likes the school in your case rowan

Rowan, without a doubt.

PCOM is an excellent osteopathic medical school, there's no doubt about that. But Rowan is an entirely different animal. It's a state school, with resources that put some MD schools to shame. It has REAL research - some of the most exciting breakthroughs in Parkinson's and Alzheimer's research are happening there now. It's affiliated with a REAL, major university, and that's actually important. It has its own teaching hospital ON SITE. Its rotations and clinical education are excellent. It has its own residencies, in competitive fields!

Also, as a DO student I hate saying this, but it can be important: In the area, Rowan has a MUCH stronger reputation than PCOM.

PCOM has some of these things, but Rowan beats PCOM in virtually every category. Rowan vs. MSU or TCOM would be a real matchup.

The only way this choice could be more obvious would be if you were an NJ resident eligible for in-state tuition! Oh wait...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I'm considering both schools as well, but both are out of state for me, so Rowan would cost more. I really like both schools so its really hard to choose. Most people are saying Rowan because he's instate, what would you all recommend in my position?

I'm considering both schools as well, but both are out of state for me, so Rowan would cost more. I really like both schools so its really hard to choose. Most people are saying Rowan because he's instate, what would you all recommend in my position?

PCOM

Pcom!

PCOM because it is cheaper.

Definitely PCOM

Hii, I know it has been a while but would you mind sharing which school did you end up choosing? Thank you

PCOM