Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies (Edinburgh) Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miller225

Reaction score
I noticed there wasn't a thread made for Edinburgh yet so I wanted to go ahead and create one! Has anyone heard back from them since submitting their application?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there too! And I have not heard anything yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Does anyone know when the interview invites were sent out during the last cycle?

Just received an interview invite for the 4 year program!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Received an interview!! If anyone has any insight on the interview or especially the additional skills task please let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
This is great to know, thank you for posting. This is the only other school I am interested in. I declined offers from two schools already and have 90% committed to another school but would like to see if I get an interview here.

Wow! I am so nervous to hear back now that others have. Is anyone applying from Canada to Edinburgh or is everyone here stateside?

I applied from the U.S and haven't heard back about the interview.

Just received my rejection letter... Good luck to everyone on their interviews!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who applied thru VMCAS and hasn't heard back about the interview yet?

Is there anyone who applied thru VMCAS and hasn't heard back about the interview yet?
I haven’t heard but I just got an email saying my application is still under review and we won’t hear a response until January :/

Has anyone heard anything recently??
Last thing I got from them was a Happy Holidays email around mid-December. They did say they were closed until yesterday for the holidays in that email, though.

Has anyone reached out to the school at all? I know I’m just being antsy. Their email said we’d hear back early January (U.S. VMCAS) but I’m so anxiously waiting to hear back

Last thing I got from them was a Happy Holidays email around mid-December. They did say they were closed until yesterday for the holidays in that email, though.
I received an invitation to interview back in mid-November but my interview isn't scheduled until Jan 25. I think they're just doing it in batches and based on how earlier interviews go/if students decline after being accepted, they will open up the next batch. I'm a US applicant but went through UCAS not VMCAS

I received an invitation to interview back in mid-November but my interview isn't scheduled until Jan 25. I think they're just doing it in batches and based on how earlier interviews go/if students decline after being accepted, they will open up the next batch. I'm a US applicant but went through UCAS not VMCAS
Can I ask why you applied with UCAS Instead if VMCAS? What’s the difference?

Can I ask why you applied with UCAS Instead if VMCAS? What’s the difference?
It was cheaper (about $25 USD for 3 schools) and I wasn't planning to apply to any VMCAS only schools anyways. Also, the application requires so much less work than VMCAS (I just had to submit a modified CV through their Work Experience Form and transcripts, no retyping all that into their application) and it was a way to bypass the GRE requirement for one of the schools I applied to.

I received an invite today. Do they test for math in the Additional Skills Test?

Has anyone had their interview with them yet? Mine is on February 9th and wanted to know what y'all's experience was like. Especially since its like 3 hours long

Good luck everyone! I just declined my interview spot today! Hope it's a fun interview!

Anyone else hear anything about interviews recently? I’m getting stressed!

Do you guys know if we are supposed to send in our fall transcripts? Thanks!

How did you guys feel about your interviews? If I'm being honest, I felt pretty stressed during mine...

What was the format like? Is it mmi or conversation style? Mine is on February 9th
I had mine earlier this week. It was MMI style plus an "Additional Skills Test". The MMI had 3 mini interviews that lasted 10 minutes each. There was only really one station that was a little stressful for me, the other two I didn't think were too bad. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but overall, it was a pretty standard MMI, so as long as you're aware of what the popular topics are for those, you should be good (I have a bunch of links bookmarked on how to prep for MMIs, feel free to PM me if you're interested).

The "Additional Skills Test" wasn't the worse either. If you look at last year's thread (same name expect for "class of 2025"), what they discussed is a pretty good overview, I think.

What was the format like? Is it mmi or conversation style? Mine is on February 9th
Okay, wasn't sure if this information was available but it's on their website. The three stations are Work Experience, Career Exploration and Awareness of Being a Professional, and Awareness of Animal Welfare. The Work Experience station will be tailored to whatever you put down on your application, so if it's been awhile since you had any of your experiences, I would definitely try to brush up a little on what you did.

How did you guys feel about your interviews? If I'm being honest, I felt pretty stressed during mine...
The structure and timing of it all was definitely stressful, I kinda flopped on some answers. Everyone was so nice though! Honestly I’m just glad it’s over and excited to hear back

Reactions: 2 users
I definitely agree, I think that some of the questions asked surprised me a little, more so than my other interviews lol. Still hoping for the best though!!

Does anyone know if admissions is based solely on the interview?
I think it’s a combination of academics, experience, and the interview. I think there’s some PDF floating around of the breakdown but I might be misremembering

Has anyone heard back post-interview yet?
I haven't yet, but from what I've seen in previous threads, Edinburgh typically sends offers in late February/early to mid March. So hopefully it should be soon!

This wait is so excruciating 😭 hopefully we’ll hear back late February

does anyone know how many applicants they accept? like how big the class is?

does anyone know how many applicants they accept? like how big the class is?
I asked during one of the Info Sessions, and I believe they said the 1st GEP year usually consists of 65 students and the 1st/2nd year group of the 5-year program is 105 students. So by 3rd year, it's around 165. I'd assume that they send out more acceptances than that though, since not everyone will accept an offer.

I haven't, we should be hearing back soon right?
Some Scottish and English applicants have heard back. It sounds like most English offers went out today- so international students/graduates should be next. The wait is excruciating.

Some Scottish and English applicants have heard back. It sounds like most English offers went out today- so international students/graduates should be next. The wait is excruciating.
Oh okay, I see. Hopefully international candidates will hear back tomorrow then? Otherwise we would have to wait through the weekend :cryi: I'm from the U.S. and have not heard anything today. I agree the wait has been rough.

Applying from Australia here 🙋‍♂️ Hopefully this will be the last weekend that we have to wait through! Did anyone here apply to any other UK schools?

Oh okay, I see. Hopefully international candidates will hear back tomorrow then? Otherwise we would have to wait through the weekend :cryi: I'm from the U.S. and have not heard anything today. I agree the wait has been rough.
I'm from Canada and we haven't heard yet either! I hope it's today eep