rtog 9410--most cited radonc abstract EVER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koolaidkid

Oh Yeah!!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up with this trial? Can someone at Emory or from Jefferson get this thing published? It must be one of the most cited abstracts ever in the field of radiation oncology.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard a rumor that the manuscript has been submitted to JNCI and will be published in the near future.

I heard a rumor that the manuscript has been submitted to JNCI and will be published in the near future.

About time!!!

We have now have randomized trials published which answer the questions of induction chemotherapy (CALGB), consolidation docetaxel (HOG) and even consolidation docetaxel+gefitinib (SWOG 0023)... all using a standard backbone of concurrent chemoRT... and we are just now finally getting the published results of the only North American cooperative group study establishing that concurrent chemoRT backbone as the standard of care???

Sorry to sound jaded about this... but its hard to believe, IMO

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
About time!!!

We have now had randomized trials published which answer the questions of induction chemotherapy (CALGB), consolidation docetaxel (HOG) and even consolidation docetaxel+gefitinib (SWOG 0023)... all using a standard backbone of concurrent chemoRT... and we are just now finally getting the published results of the only North American cooperative group study evaluating concurrent versus sequential chemoRT???

Sorry to sound jaded about this... but its hard to believe, IMO

On a related note, anyone think we will get the update of the Miller (SWOG NHL) published? You know, that abstract from ASH in 2001 that med oncs use to justify omitting IFRT in stage I and nonbulky stage II DLBCL...

I had heard that it was going to be published in JCO... like 3 years ago!

I would be very interested to see why it took so long to publish and, in my opinion, in a slightly less prestigious journal.

To quote Dr. Blackstock:

"Somem's wrong with that study! Anybody know what's wrong with that study?"

Lol I was googling this abstract and this thread is the first thing that came up.
I wonder if Wally is starting to collect cobwebs down in Georgia.