Rude student host pre-interview... Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What should I do?

The same thing you do every time you encounter some random tool: forget about it.

Members don't see this ad.

The host's response was totally inappropriate. If you are afraid that it might affect your application, perhaps you should contact one of the student host coordinators. Beware though, doing such a thing could embitter the entire situation and make things much worse. And if it's somewhere you really want to go, then it might not good to make an "enemy" before you even go.

Hi ***! Sorry for the short notice again, but won't be staying the night tomorrow, something else came up. I'm very grateful that you're offering to host us interviewees, though! It's much appreciated!

Best Wishes,

It sounds like you're incapable of planning ahead. I just want to let you know that this kind of behavior is quite disrespectful and reflects poorly on you.

Ok, I'm confused, because you said "Sorry for the short notice again..." as if you did something else short notice? Also, what time did you send this, because you said 2 days notice was given, but in the email you say tomorrow? I'm just curious.

However, I don't think that she responded well at all regardless of the situation and you might luck out, because a really big house could get uprooted by a tornado and end up crushing her, broomstick and all, between now and your interview... :hungover:

Wow. I don't really have any advice, if I were offering to host someone and they got a last minute offer from a friend, I'd probably just wish then luck with their interview and ask if they had any questions. I think the host's behavior might make me a little sketched out about the school. It's not as though you had arrived and then ditched her that night or not said anything and just not shown up at all. You may want to mention it to the school, after your interview of course, because they might want to know that one of their students hosts was being rude to an applicant and that doesn't reflect well on the school.

Best course of action IMHO. I think the school would want to know of an obnoxious interviewer. In the extreme example, if it was a student that the school really wanted, he/she turned THEM down for ther same experience. As I said, probably best course of action.