Rude to Request to Reschedule Residency Interview Date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Asclepius293

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

It’s Friday and I just received an invite to interview on Wednesday next week. However, I already have an interview with another program scheduled for that date. The program schedules through email and not ERAS, so there is no freeze date or ability to self schedule.

I was considering emailing the coordinator and politely asking if any other dates might be available to reschedule, but I would be happy to keep the originally scheduled date if not. Would even asking this be considered rude and have a negative impact with such short notice?

Thanks
 
I mean, it's all risk benefit. If they're your top program, then don't do it. If they're closer to the middle of your list, you might look at the risk benefit and conclude that it's worth it to just ask.
 
Thanks all. Sorry for the overthinking. It's sometimes hard to tell the etiquette with this process. I ended up asking politely and was rescheduled to a later date with openings. 🙂