Rumors about AMCAS PO box inaccessibility for transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpanishMusical

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been hearing rumors that AAMC can't access their PO box, so we should send transcripts to this alternative address: 655 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001-2399. However, I'm not sure and haven't heard anything official (just an email someone on another forum posted). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have tried calling (couldn't get through to anyone, not even put on hold), emailing (says it'll be a 3-5 day wait on the response), and messaging AMCAS on Twitter (no response yet so far)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've been hearing rumors that AAMC can't access their PO box, so we should send transcripts to this alternative address: 655 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001-2399. However, I'm not sure and haven't heard anything official (just an email someone on another forum posted). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks.

I would call AMCAS and ask where they want your transcripts sent... If they want them sent to an alternative site they would make it known.

If you send it to the wrong place they will likely discard it.

I would call AMCAS and ask where they want your transcripts sent... If they want them sent to an alternative site they would make it known.

If you send it to the wrong place they will likely discard it.

I tried calling this morning, but I just got the high call volume message and it hung up on me. I sent an email, but it said it would take 3–5 business days for them to respond, and I sent a message on Twitter (w/o response). If I do hear anything I'll update the post, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried calling this morning, but I just got the high call volume message and it hung up on me. I sent an email, but it said it would take 3–5 business days for them to respond, and I sent a message on Twitter (w/o response). If I do hear anything I'll update the post, though.

I would just call again and wait on hold. I have gotten ahold of them several times now... Just had to wait on hold for an hour.. lol

I would just call again and wait on hold. I have gotten ahold of them several times now... Just had to wait on hold for an hour.. lol

What number have you been calling? If I contact AMCAS (202-828-0600) then go through the menus, it doesn't give me the option to hold. It just tells me there's a high volume and that I need to call back later, and then hangs up on me.

Despite the rumors, they are checking the PO Box

Thanks for the response. May I ask what your source is (not sarcastically or anything, it would just put my mind at ease to know it's reliable)?

What number have you been calling? If I contact AMCAS (202-828-0600) then go through the menus, it doesn't give me the option to hold. It just tells me there's a high volume and that I need to call back later, and then hangs up on me.

I just follow the prompts... If they are that high of volume you will have to just wait to call back at different time of day. Try doing it right when they open, or sometime closer to lunch. That's what worked for me

I just follow the prompts... If they are that high of volume you will have to just wait to call back at different time of day. Try doing it right when they open, or sometime closer to lunch. That's what worked for me

Sounds good – thanks for the tips.

Just wanted to confirm that they are checking PO Box. Sent mine 5/6 from west coast and it was received 5/28 so it can take awhile, but it's still within the timeframe they specified (25 days)

I sent my transcripts 5/8 and just got the notification that it was processed so they are checking their PO Box, but are a bit backed up.

Also, I work down the street from the AAMC building and my building is still locked and there’s no front desk personnel to sort through mail and it’s just sitting around unless you go sift through it. So I assume if you sent any mail to their building you might have a slower response than to their dedicated PO Box.