• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Rumors about AMCAS PO box inaccessibility for transcripts

SpanishMusical

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all,

I've been hearing rumors that AAMC can't access their PO box, so we should send transcripts to this alternative address: 655 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001-2399. However, I'm not sure and haven't heard anything official (just an email someone on another forum posted). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have tried calling (couldn't get through to anyone, not even put on hold), emailing (says it'll be a 3-5 day wait on the response), and messaging AMCAS on Twitter (no response yet so far)

Last edited:

ParaMagic1

May 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all,

I've been hearing rumors that AAMC can't access their PO box, so we should send transcripts to this alternative address: 655 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001-2399. However, I'm not sure and haven't heard anything official (just an email someone on another forum posted). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks.

I would call AMCAS and ask where they want your transcripts sent... If they want them sent to an alternative site they would make it known.

If you send it to the wrong place they will likely discard it.

SpanishMusical

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
I would call AMCAS and ask where they want your transcripts sent... If they want them sent to an alternative site they would make it known.

If you send it to the wrong place they will likely discard it.

I tried calling this morning, but I just got the high call volume message and it hung up on me. I sent an email, but it said it would take 3–5 business days for them to respond, and I sent a message on Twitter (w/o response). If I do hear anything I'll update the post, though.

About the Ads

ParaMagic1

May 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I tried calling this morning, but I just got the high call volume message and it hung up on me. I sent an email, but it said it would take 3–5 business days for them to respond, and I sent a message on Twitter (w/o response). If I do hear anything I'll update the post, though.

I would just call again and wait on hold. I have gotten ahold of them several times now... Just had to wait on hold for an hour.. lol

SpanishMusical

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
I would just call again and wait on hold. I have gotten ahold of them several times now... Just had to wait on hold for an hour.. lol

What number have you been calling? If I contact AMCAS (202-828-0600) then go through the menus, it doesn't give me the option to hold. It just tells me there's a high volume and that I need to call back later, and then hangs up on me.

ParaMagic1

May 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
What number have you been calling? If I contact AMCAS (202-828-0600) then go through the menus, it doesn't give me the option to hold. It just tells me there's a high volume and that I need to call back later, and then hangs up on me.

I just follow the prompts... If they are that high of volume you will have to just wait to call back at different time of day. Try doing it right when they open, or sometime closer to lunch. That's what worked for me

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
Thanks for the response. May I ask what your source is (not sarcastically or anything, it would just put my mind at ease to know it's reliable)?
My friends at AMCAS

Washington DC is still being hit hard by pandemic so AAMC HQ is still only working at a fraction of full staffing. In the last cycle, fully half of all transcripts are still paper based. So there is slowness getting them from the colleges, delays in less frequent pick drop off at AAMC, and slowness in getting paper scanned into the system. This cycle will move slower

Reactions: 2 users

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
  1. Medical Student
I sent my transcripts 5/8 and just got the notification that it was processed so they are checking their PO Box, but are a bit backed up.

Also, I work down the street from the AAMC building and my building is still locked and there’s no front desk personnel to sort through mail and it’s just sitting around unless you go sift through it. So I assume if you sent any mail to their building you might have a slower response than to their dedicated PO Box.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.