Running Your Practice Like A Diner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I ever get into medical school, I have decided to run my practice like a diner. I was inspired by the guys who get me coffee every day. I like how they brusquely shout "Next!" to you, you have 2 seconds to give them your order, they shove it into a brown bag and then yell "Next!" again for the next person on line.

That's the kind of doctor I fantasize about being. No reception ladies, no magazines, no nurses (well maybe one nurse with hairy legs who smokes)....but I'll give each patient time to tell me what's wrong, tell them what to do and then yell "Next!" really loudly.

Oh, and there will be no appointments. It'll be up to the patients to stand in line and jockey for position.

Anyway, that is the model of health care I have been flirting with.

Members don't see this ad.

What if your patient is too sick to jockey for position?

Without secretaries, who will do the paperwork, take dictations, and act as a buffer between you and the disgruntled patients?

Without nurses, who will take care of the more menial tasks such as height/weight and blood pressure?

Screw confidentiality. Announcing everyone's problems will surely inspire them to face up to their poor habits. See you in hell. I mean the public hospital ER.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reckoning said:
Screw confidentiality. Announcing everyone's problems will surely inspire them to face up to their poor habits. See you in hell. I mean the public hospital ER.

hell = public hospital ER :laugh: I love it. I'm in!

Don't forget the tip jar. You gotta have the tip jar. And if they don't slip in any money or start tossing in pennies, they can kiss that oxycontin prescription goodbye.

No yapping or whining, neither.

what about the patrons too poor to pay for their eggs, pancakes and sausage, but they feel that since they live in the good ol'USA, breakfast is a right, rather than a privileage? I mean, you gotta serve them food, and collect your 15 cents from the government, right???