Ruptured hamstring / Pelvic avulsion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beauzobrehm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rundown:
Three years ago I suffered a pelvic avulsion (ischial tuberosity fracture) and a ruptured hamstring while playing football. The injury was non-contact, purely a result of max contraction and apparently overextension while sprinting. After an attempted conservate treatment I had surgery ten months later. A screw was used to piece together the bone fragment and my ruptured muscle was stapled back to the bone. A few months later, about a week after being fully released the screw came out during basketball practice, which was EXTREMELY painful because I didn't know what it was and I kept trying to practice. The screw was removed a week later and my surgeon said it was fine and that the bone had already healed. So now exactly two years later, I have regained alot of strength back in my leg but I'm still faced with pain and an incomplete recovery. I had an MRI done and it showed that I have fluid build up at the ischial tuberosity where the muscle attaches to the bone. I went back to my doc to see what could be done and he simply said that this was probably as good as it was going to get because tendon tissues are replaced with scar tissue during the healing process.

I'm looking for any advice or second opinion here. I know there was an NFL player, Tommie Harris, a pro-bowl defensive tackle for the Bears, that had this same injury and apparently he's back to 100%. That's where I want to be. I'm currently a junior in high school and I NEED to be as healthy as possible going into my senior (and most likely last) year of competitive athletics.

Beau

Members don't see this ad.

This is not the place for medical advice. Please consult your own physician. Closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.