Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

Started by Ronin786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ronin786

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody have any info about this program. All the threads I've found relate to the Robert Woods Johnson Medical School.

Scutwork has a few reviews but they're from 2003. Any info would be appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Solid program. New program director that worked for 2 decades as a board examiner and who values teaching as paramount. He even dedicates 4 hours of his own time every Saturday to give optional board review (which apparently the majority of residents routinely attend).
The residents seemed very happy.
Plus supposedly, they are getting liver transplants in the next year or two.
 
Thanks for the info ArMed.

Is this the Robert Woods Johnson Rutgers or the New Jersey Medical School Rutgers? I'm asking because someone sent me similar info and it turned out it was for the RWJ program and not NJMS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe NJMS (in Newark) is still UMDNJ. RWJ (in New Brunswick) is Rutgers. I am referring to Rutgers.

They're both Rutgers now, but yes you sounded like you were describing Dr. Rah the PD at RWJ. I can't really tell you much about the program at Newark other than it being an older hospital and closer to NYC. Sorry
 
They are both Rutgers now. I don't know too much about the Anesthesia program at the NJMS, but the residents I do know seem to like it.

The post above was definitely describing RWJ. NJMS was one of the first liver transplant centers in the NYC region and is one of the busiest ones in the country.