Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone apply to the accelerated dental program with rsdm for this cycle?

Has anyone received an application complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #7
School
: Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 8/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22 No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/10 seems to be the earliest date
Method of interview: In Person

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #7
School
When did you apply?

Interview #7
School
Was the option only in-person, or did they offer virtual too?

Interview #7
School
Congrats!! What other schools have you received interviews from?

Hey all, I'll be in this class with you guys. I'm deferred from an earlier acceptance. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hoping covid has died down a bit by the time we begin!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall! I got an invite for Rutgers several days ago. I was wondering if anyone (preferable a male) would be down to split a hotel room/uber for the 9/10 interview date!

Here are my stats:
Interview #3
School:Rutgers
Notification date: 8/18
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.60; 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/17/No
Dates available: 9/10

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
Does anyone know if Rutgers will be sending more interview invites for this fall?

Hi,
Does anyone know if Rutgers will be sending more interview invites for this fall?
I also would like to know based on the way they sent out past interview invites! I really hope they do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also would like to know based on the way they sent out past interview invites! I really hope they do.
Based on past trends, interviews will continue to trickle into 2022. I would not give up hope yet.

When do we pay 95 dollars fee? Was it only when admission contact us?

Did someone's $95 check clear yet? Mine did not even though they confirmed receipt of it in mid-July.

Did anyone get any interviews again? I did not get any interviews. I have a 23 AA/ 23TS and a 3.97 science GPA. I also have over 300 hours of shadowing. ZI am not sure why they haven't sent me anything yet.

Has anyone received an application complete email?
Did you receive an application complete email later after you posted this question? I only received a confirmation email for the application fee :'(

Interview #4
School: Rutgers
Notification date: 09/21/2021
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/01/2021
Application received by school: 08/20/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.86, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/25/none
Interview date: 10/8
Method of Interview: In-person

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/28
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 29/29/25/No
Dates available: 10/15
Method of interview: In-person

Hi everyone,
for those who already interviewed with Rutgers. Could you shed some light on your interview experience/format/anything you did not expect? (Rutgers is my only in-person interview) How was parking, were you able to find parking and/or find the building easily?

Interview #3
Notification date: 09/17/2021
Residency: IS (greencard)
Application complete date: 07/30/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.79, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/23/21/none
Interview date: 10/8
Method of Interview: In-person

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
for those who already interviewed with Rutgers. Could you shed some light on your interview experience/format/anything you did not expect? (Rutgers is my only in-person interview) How was parking, were you able to find parking and/or find the building easily?
It was a good interview experience for me! When you come, they bring you to a room with other applicants and dental students ambassadors (there is also some water and snacks in the room). Here you have an opportunity to talk to dental students (they are amazing) and ask them questions, while you are waiting for your interviewer to come. I only waited for about 5 minutes, until a person who interviewed me came. The interview took about 20 min (I was asked about 10 questions). The questions were mostly about my extracurriculars, life experiences, what makes me unique, etc.). After the interview, you are brought back into the room with other applicants, and you will spend the next 2 hours there. During this time they'll give you a presentation about the school and then talk to you about financial aid. In the end, there is a tour of the building with one of the dental students. My interview day ended about 30 min earlier than it was told in the email.
There was nothing that I didn't expect.
I was given a ride to dental school, so I am not sure about parking, but from what I have heard there are no issues + you can receive complimentary parking from the RSDM if you bring a parking ticket with you.
The building is not hard to find (just follow the directions which they gave you in their interview invitation email). Once you are in the building, you'll need to take an elevator down to "B" level. Once you exit the elevator, turn right, walk straight until you get to a room on the left at the end of the hallway - the Office of Admissions will be there.
I am sure you will enjoy your interview day! Wish you luck!

It was a good interview experience for me! When you come, they bring you to a room with other applicants and dental students ambassadors (there is also some water and snacks in the room). Here you have an opportunity to talk to dental students (they are amazing) and ask them questions, while you are waiting for your interviewer to come. I only waited for about 5 minutes, until a person who interviewed me came. The interview took about 20 min (I was asked about 10 questions). The questions were mostly about my extracurriculars, life experiences, what makes me unique, etc.). After the interview, you are brought back into the room with other applicants, and you will spend the next 2 hours there. During this time they'll give you a presentation about the school and then talk to you about financial aid. In the end, there is a tour of the building with one of the dental students. My interview day ended about 30 min earlier than it was told in the email.
There was nothing that I didn't expect.
I was given a ride to dental school, so I am not sure about parking, but from what I have heard there are no issues + you can receive complimentary parking from the RSDM if you bring a parking ticket with you.
The building is not hard to find (just follow the directions which they gave you in their interview invitation email). Once you are in the building, you'll need to take an elevator down to "B" level. Once you exit the elevator, turn right, walk straight until you get to a room on the left at the end of the hallway - the Office of Admissions will be there.
I am sure you will enjoy your interview day! Wish you luck!
Thank you so much for this! I greatly appreciate it!

Interview #7
Notification Date: 10/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
Application complete date: 06/30
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/21/20/No
Dates available: 11/19
Method of interview: in-person

Interview #4
Notification Date: 11/9/2021
Residency: OOS (NY)
Application Complete Date: 7/19/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.93, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/18/no
Interview Date: 12/3/2021
Method of interview: in-person

Does anyone see the status on AADSAS changed to "Check back on December 1"? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

mine is still "received/under review"... I did did not interview with them/did not receive an interview invite

does "none" status change mean denial or am I looking to deep into this?
My status went to none also. Someone here said they’re status changed to check back in December 1st. If that’s true then I’m assuming it’s a denial

I used to have “check back in Dec 1st” but it changed to “None” after few hours. I think everyone should be fine unless you had straight out denial at this moment.

I'll be honest with you....Rutgers is not a good fit for me. If I get accepted tmrw, I'm going to turn down the offer. So good luck to everyone else!
What do you dislike about Rutgers?

I used to have “check back in Dec 1st” but it changed to “None” after few hours. I think everyone should be fine unless you had straight out denial at this moment.
Hoping you are right.

Does anyone know what the change from "Invited for interview" to "None" means? Does it imply that I just got waitlisted or something worse?

Does anyone know what the change from "Invited for interview" to "None" means? Does it imply that I just got waitlisted or something worse?
I don't think we can know anything about what it means until tomorrow, good luck to you!