Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Rejected w/o interview via email 6:45 am pst. They also stated cycle is ended with no further interview given out.
Was that sent today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have stats on how many interviewed are rejected, made offers, etc
Based on 2019-2020 cycle data, 99 in-state offers (302 in-state applicants), 147 out-of-state offers (1519 out-of-state applicants), and 17 international offers (174 international applicants). No data on the number of applicants interviewed.

Based on 2019-2020 cycle data, 99 in-state offers (302 in-state applicants), 147 out-of-state offers (1519 out-of-state applicants), and 17 international offers (174 international applicants). No data on the number of applicants interviewed.
Wow very interesting info. Where'd you get it from?

I got it from "2021-2022 ADEA OFFICIAL GUIDE TO DENTAL SCHOOLS For Students Entering Fall 2021 or Fall 2022."
Just curious, does it mention anything about class size and what percentage is in state and how much out of state?

Just curious, does it mention anything about class size and what percentage is in state and how much out of state?
Yes! 2020 entering class size: 95 (in-state: 63, out-of-state: 30, and international: 2)

Howdy new D1s the Facebook group for your class will be open relatively soon. You should create a Groupme for your class if you haven't already; as pretty much the whole school communicates through it.

Reactions: 1 user
If a GroupMe has been made for the class of 2026, let me know please. I'd love to join.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it’s different every cycle but by any chance does anyone know about how many people get off the waitlist each year? (an average is fine)

Well someone earlier in the thread mentioned that around 99 in staters were given offers in an earlier cycle. I also think there were around 65 in staters once the year started. I guess that would imply 34 ppl taken off the wait-list.

Well someone earlier in the thread mentioned that around 99 in staters were given offers in an earlier cycle. I also think there were around 65 in staters once the year started. I guess that would imply 34 ppl taken off the wait-list.
I don’t think it’s 34 becuz a lot of out of state students get accepted and also the class size is 90 I believe

I don’t think it’s 34 becuz a lot of out of state students get accepted and also the class size is 90 I believe
Yeah sorry I meant from in state. Out of state probably has more acceptances. Are you out of state?

when does waitlist movement usually take place? mid-march is a bit vague idk

When was the deadline for deposit? I believe March 1 as many other schools? If so, I think it won't take until mid-March to pull people from waitlist.

When was the deadline for deposit? I believe March 1 as many other schools? If so, I think it won't take until mid-March to pull people from waitlist.
Yeah does anybody know when the deadline for the deposit is?

any movement on the waitlist? has anyone contacted the school to ask when the next batch of acceptances are being released?

I got accepted off the waitlist 3/8. Interviewed on 1/14

Reactions: 2 users
They called me. I am accepting and going there as it is my number one. I have a 21TS and 21AA. I am finishing the masters at rutgers right now and have a 3.86 GPA as of now.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess the wait-list is moving slowly this year...

Why aren't ppl withdrawing their offers or choosing other schools. I'm just surprised considering they only start taking students off the wait-list in March
I believe once we are in April schools are able to see who has put down multiple deposits and asks students to withdraw from other places and spots should open up

Accepted today. Stats: Went to Rutgers-NB for undergrad, 21AA, 3.7 GPA, 3.5 sci GPA

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today as well off the waitlist. Interviewed 02/08/2022 (last interview of the cycle). OOS applicant, went to UW-Madison for undergrad

Reactions: 1 users
congrats! when did you interview and did you send a letter of intent?

Thank you! I interviewed on 1/21 and yes I included it in my thank you email. Good luck everyone; there’s still hope.

Has anyone heard anything? is there still movement on the waitlist? should I give up hope at this point? (I'm not)