Rutgers University successful CVM applicants 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogtorflower

MS State c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, not sure how well this post will do, but thought I'd try! Rutgers senior here. Thought it would be interesting to see out of those from Rutgers University that applied to veterinary school this past cycle, how many have been admitted, waitlisted, denied, etc. and to what schools. Im waitlisted at two schools and I'm getting stressed out, so tell me about your stories! <3

Members don't see this ad.

Happy to answer any questions you might have! Graduated from Rutgers in January 2017 and now have 3 weeks to go in my first year at Cornell. Feel free to PM me with any specifics you want! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, not sure how well this post will do, but thought I'd try! Rutgers senior here. Thought it would be interesting to see out of those from Rutgers University that applied to veterinary school this past cycle, how many have been admitted, waitlisted, denied, etc. and to what schools. Im waitlisted at two schools and I'm getting stressed out, so tell me about your stories! <3

You might have better luck connecting to Rutgers peeps over in the pre-vet forum in the C/O 2022 thread! Good luck with that wait list life!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! I'm a RU grad, but graduated an age ago (Cook [pre-SEBS] c/o 2001). Didn't know if you had any questions re: RU's preparation for vet school, or other factors associated with admission. I'm happy to help out if I can. Good luck!

As an aside, I loved RU. I had an awesome experience there, and would make the same decision to attend in a heartbeat.

Thanks everyone! Did anyone get into vet school on a waitlist? I'm feeling a bit confused with what I should do over the summer since I need to get ready to apply again/possibly go to vet school/get a job for the year to pay loans.... Mississippi is almost full (there's 3 spots that admissions has available and they are calling the next people on the waitlist today) and I'm #41 currently. I know it's pretty much a long shot. It's so annoying because last year Mississippi COMPLETELY went through their waitlist. So I was kind of under the impression they would do the same (or atleast pass me). I feel so defeated. Anyone have advice? I know there is still a chance because people forfeit their deposit because they get accepted to other schools but it's definitely not secure and I'll have to start preparing for what to do in the mean time. If I apply next year I'll have a better last 45. When I applied I was at like a 3.28, next cycle it would be atleast a 3.6. I already have like 4,500 hours of experience. I applied to Tufts' 1 year infectious disease and global health masters program incase I didn't get into vet school so that's 1 option. Or I'd work full time and save. Or I'd move and try to get residency.

You might have better luck connecting to Rutgers peeps over in the pre-vet forum in the C/O 2022 thread! Good luck with that wait list life!
Yeah I didn't realize I was in the veterinary forum. oops! I'm new to this :p

Reactions: 1 user